Interstellar Overdrive

Waiting for the Worms

Comfortably Numb

On the Turnings Away

Learning to Fly

Green is the Colour / Careful with that Axe, Eugene

Wish You Were Here

:haz:

I really don't care if people have songs from The Final Cut or other songs I don't like as much on their lists.

The only thing I really can't grasp is any list without Echoes on it. That song is just a masterpiece. :yes: :ebert: :notworthy:

:goodone: Absolutely!

I really don't care if people have songs from The Final Cut or other songs I don't like as much on their lists.

The only thing I really can't grasp is any list without Echoes on it. That song is just a masterpiece. :yes: :ebert: :notworthy:

Echoes schmechoes. Gimme Not Now John anyday. (yeah, I've jumped the shark haven't I, although I may have jumped it a while back)

In ALL seriousness, Echoes should be in the top 5, or top 3 even, of every list. Even non-PF lists.

Echoes schmechoes. Gimme Not Now John anyday. (yeah, I've jumped the shark haven't I, although I may have jumped it a while back)

In ALL seriousness, Echoes should be in the top 5, or top 3 even, of every list. Even non-PF lists.

:goodone: Echoes is definitely one of the greatest songs written. Too bad the rest of Meddle is somewhat lackluster. :(

:goodone: Echoes is definitely one of the greatest songs written. Too bad the rest of Meddle is somewhat lackluster. :(

Oooh, One Of These Days & Fearless are very tasty.

That's right. Not Now John is fully of attitude. :haz:

That's right. Not Now John is fully of attitude. :haz:

The first PF song I ever heard. I thought it was so risque. "f**k all that" and all that. In my defence, I was 13.

Oooh, One Of These Days & Fearless are very tasty.

Fearless is quite good, but One of These Days is pretty amazing.

Meddle could be said to be Pink Floyd's 2112 - an amazing sidelong track that has nothing to do with the rest of the album. The other side is a few tracks that seem somewhat haphazard and random, none of which are bad, but some are definitely better than others. One of These Days could then be compared to A Passage to Bangkok as the other classic on the album. ;)

Some of my favorites, in no particular order:

Time

Dogs

Sheep

Pigs

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Welcome To The Machine

Wish You Were Here

Echoes

One of These Days

Your Possible Pasts

Not Now John

The Fletcher Memorial Home

Comfortably Numb

Brain Damage/Eclipse

If

A Great Day For Freedom

Coming Back To Life

Wearing The Inside Out

High Hopes

Empty Spaces/Young Lust

Set The Controls For The Heart of The Sun

Learning to Fly

I'm not too familiar with Obscured by Clouds and More, and I haven't listened to the debut and Atom Heart Mother in a while so those albums aren't represented in my list (except for If). I'm listening to The Final Cut right now for the first time in a couple of years, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I used to. The three TFC songs that I listed have always been favorites of mine though.

This thread is getting me back into Pink Floyd. I kind of took a break with them for a while after constantly listening to them for months.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

Basically, I really have no interest in solo Roger Waters material, and The Final Cut, for all intents and purposes, was a solo Waters album, just with cool guitars and fantastic production. I find the subject matter depressing and unlistenable.

Again, if you enjoy it, great... but you asked! ;)

Rogers actual solo material I find enjoyable... Hitchhiking was fantastic, short, but not overly dark like The Wall, or Final Cut... Nor even Animals. And if you can get past Rogers politics "Amused to Death" is phenomenal

Other than a couple of tracks I've never been too impressed with Radio KAOS though.

Amused to Death is one of my all-time favorite song...by anyone.

The live version from In the Flesh? is sublime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aFfHOQz1tI

Sheep

:ebert:

i was just checking in to add this to my top ten. Great track, with an amazing intro. Fantastic keyboard sound...the bass echoing "One of these days...". Just fantastic.

Is it ok not to like Pink Floyd? Because honestly, I cannot stand them. Will I go to hell for this?

It's ok not to like them. You're wrong, but it's ok. :P

The Final Cut is 30 years old today...

http://ultimateclass...-the-final-cut/

Coincidentally, The Final Cut has been Pink Floyd's worst album by far for 30 years today as well! :P

• Like 1

Time

Echoes

Brain Damage

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Dogs

Run Like Hell

The Trial

Mother

San Tropez

One Of These Days

Young Lust

Waiting For The Worms

Comfortably Numb

In The Flesh

One Slip

Learning To Fly

On The Turning Away

Take It Back

Poles Apart

Wow, 12 of your top 19 aren't even in my top 50! :o

That said, Young Lust just missed my list.

Yeah, I'm like the legendary radio icon, Jim Ladd. I like to give props to underappreciated album cuts for a number of bands.

Is it ok not to like Pink Floyd? Because honestly, I cannot stand them. Will I go to hell for this?

It's ok not to like them. You're wrong, but it's ok. :P

The Final Cut is 30 years old today...

http://ultimateclass...-the-final-cut/

Today is a good day. Don't listen to Goobs. I'm seriously worried about the guy. I actually think he LOVES VT!!!

• Like 1

Starting with all the songs written by Barrett plus the whole of Dark Side...that's about 25. So 25 more.

1. Echoes

2. Shine On You Crazy Diamond

3. A Saucerful of Secrets

4. Careful Wuth That Axe, Eugene (live)

5. Dogs

6. Embryo (live)

7. One Of These Days

8. Set The Controls For the Heart of the Sun

9. Sheep

10. Comfortably Numb

11. Hey You

12. Remember A Day

13. Fearless

14. Wish You Were Here

15. Mother

16. Let There Be More Light

17. Childhood's End

18. Point Me At The Sky

19. Free Four

20. Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in A Cave and Grooving with A Pict

21. Cymbaline

22. Fat Old Sun

23. Wots..Uh The Deal

24. Grantchester Meadows

25. In The Flesh

• Like 1