2013 - 08/02 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well all just got from a wonderful evening with the one and only dobegrrrl and skull ...great beers and munchies....took a ride downtown and seen some tour bus's. 5 of them... plus we have a show here with megadeath and Black label society ..they all must be staying at the same hotel... very cool.. lol to wired to go to bed.. you know we are having a big show tomorrow here.. you ever heard of a band called .........RUSH.... LOL.. so after the show tomorrow ....i leave for a little trip to KANSAS CITY to see the last show of the RUSH tour.. lol..LIFE IS GREAT.... well i will try to get some sleep now...

Damn I picked the wrong time to watch a movie otherwise i woulda caught up with you all.

Well hell... and we were there till like 9:30..

Anyway, see you today, I'll be parked come 4PM and do Brooklyns for a bit . Going to park close to Brooklyns, so it is easy to get to.

See you guys soon.

Looked at Google and Brooklys is about due South of Pepsi, I'll be parked to the West across the road in the lot West of Pepsi if I can, very close to both for the old guy. :codger:

Here's a vid shot by me of YYZ and TSOR includes the on stage hockey game !

Was well worth coming from England for this show the crowd were soooo loud !

:ebert: That was a f*ckin' blast... Had a great time and the show was awesome, good to see Itty and Dobe again had been since TM in 2010, time flies, and was good to meet Rushfan.. Missed going to Brooklyn's, place was way jammed, so we had another great tailgate party.. :atickhum:

Interesting night to say the least.

They wouldn't let me pay for parking with a credit card, so my poor wife had to go into the gas station, only to find a broken ATM and a very unhelpful redneck behind the counter. So she ended up blowing it off, got cash inside the venue. On our way out after the show, we offered to pay a guy on our way out, but he told us not to worry about it. Hey, 15 bucks is 15 bucks.

Had floor tickets... never again. Why do we always get guys who are 6'10" in front of us? After the fascist in the aisle told my 4'11" wife that she couldn't stand on her seat, we decided at intermission that we were gonna try and trade with somebody higher up. Turns out there were some empty seats about 6/7 rows up directly to our right on Geddy's side that were unfilled, so we migrated there and had a much better time.

I thought the sound was poor. Very harsh and just too loud for my aging ears anymore. I felt like all I could hear was bass drum, cymbals, and distorted guitar. I hardly heard Geddy's Fender at all. It's all a shame, because for the most part, I felt like he played and sang his ass off. Alex too. Neil dragged Far Cry a bit but was otherwise fine, and I liked that they chose to break up his solos.

I thought the "Watchmaker" videos were kind of weak. The one thing I did like was the thing with the band members' heads during the encore. But the overall stage presentation was excellent, particularly the animations during the C/A songs and I loved all the small video screens moving around above the main large one.

Could have done without the Power Windows redux. Was never my favorite record to begin with, but why'd they play the two weakest tracks on it?

It's unusual in that I actually enjoyed the newer songs more than the older ones, for a change. It helps that I like CA a lot. I just found the first set a big drag... I think had I got the "B" set I would have been a lot happier. But I can't complain too much... I think getting Moving Pictures in its entirety last time was going to be a tough bar to raise.

The guys played really, really well and were clearly having a lot of fun.... great crowd as well. Just a shame about the venue. Probably the least enjoyable of my four shows mostly for that reason. I never understood the decision to go here instead of Red Rocks in the first place, and now I understand it even less. If there is another tour, please do it there. So it's a 10/10 instead of a 12. It was still way, way worth it.

Hard to believe 21 years have passed since my first one.

Interesting night to say the least.

They wouldn't let me pay for parking with a credit card, so my poor wife had to go into the gas station, only to find a broken ATM and a very unhelpful redneck behind the counter. So she ended up blowing it off, got cash inside the venue. On our way out after the show, we offered to pay a guy on our way out, but he told us not to worry about it. Hey, 15 bucks is 15 bucks.

Had floor tickets... never again. Why do we always get guys who are 6'10" in front of us? After the fascist in the aisle told my 4'11" wife that she couldn't stand on her seat, we decided at intermission that we were gonna try and trade with somebody higher up. Turns out there were some empty seats about 6/7 rows up directly to our right on Geddy's side that were unfilled, so we migrated there and had a much better time.

I thought the sound was poor. Very harsh and just too loud for my aging ears anymore. I felt like all I could hear was bass drum, cymbals, and distorted guitar. I hardly heard Geddy's Fender at all. It's all a shame, because for the most part, I felt like he played and sang his ass off. Alex too. Neil dragged Far Cry a bit but was otherwise fine, and I liked that they chose to break up his solos.

I thought the "Watchmaker" videos were kind of weak. The one thing I did like was the thing with the band members' heads during the encore. But the overall stage presentation was excellent, particularly the animations during the C/A songs and I loved all the small video screens moving around above the main large one.

Could have done without the Power Windows redux. Was never my favorite record to begin with, but why'd they play the two weakest tracks on it?

It's unusual in that I actually enjoyed the newer songs more than the older ones, for a change. It helps that I like CA a lot. I just found the first set a big drag... I think had I got the "B" set I would have been a lot happier. But I can't complain too much... I think getting Moving Pictures in its entirety last time was going to be a tough bar to raise.

The guys played really, really well and were clearly having a lot of fun.... great crowd as well. Just a shame about the venue. Probably the least enjoyable of my four shows mostly for that reason. I never understood the decision to go here instead of Red Rocks in the first place, and now I understand it even less. If there is another tour, please do it there. So it's a 10/10 instead of a 12. It was still way, way worth it.

Hard to believe 21 years have passed since my first one.

The sound was kind of harsh and distorted at times but I could hear it all and the loud was not an issue for me at almost 60. They played this tour indoors because of the strings, strings and RR and rain/moisture don't mix well at all.

Sorry about Power Windows, they could of kept Big Money and I was very very happy they played Manhattan Project and Territories.

The sound was kind of harsh and distorted at times but I could hear it all and the loud was not an issue for me at almost 60. They played this tour indoors because of the strings, strings and RR and rain/moisture don't mix well at all.

They did play a lot of outdoor venues on this leg of the tour, don't know why they didn't go to Red Rocks for you guys as I have heard it is a great one.

I don't know if anybody was looking for me but I was one sick chick the day of the Denver show and almost missed the show entirely.

Anyway, sorry I didn't make it to the pre-show, it would have been awesome to meet you guys.

They did play a lot of outdoor venues on this leg of the tour, don't know why they didn't go to Red Rocks for you guys as I have heard it is a great one.

I heard Brit Floyd had it booked before Rush could get it.

Their last 3 shows in Salt Lake have been outdoors so I doubt the weather was the only consideration. It was cloudy here the day before but cleared up and no rain. Great show.

Archived