2013 - 07/31 - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

jesterhud, turns out we are also staying at the Baymont Inn. Doesn't look like much, but seems really convenient.

How does everyone plan on handling transportation to/from the show? I've heard traffic is a nightmare at the USANA. We're planning on getting a taxi from the Copper Creek Pub, but am a bit nervous about whether we'll get to the show on time. Also, I've been to some venues where it's been nearly impossible to get a taxi after the show... Can anybody chime in on this for the USANA?

Anybody know what rotation the setlist will be in?

Looks like it's going to be some variation of the "B" setlist .... Middletown Dreams, The Pass, Wish Them Well, Dreamline...

Kinda' bummed I won't hear SCOG again. It's so great live!

Guess I'll just have to console myself with the fact that I've got front row, center! First time ever! :7up:

jesterhud, turns out we are also staying at the Baymont Inn. Doesn't look like much, but seems really convenient.

How does everyone plan on handling transportation to/from the show? I've heard traffic is a nightmare at the USANA. We're planning on getting a taxi from the Copper Creek Pub, but am a bit nervous about whether we'll get to the show on time. Also, I've been to some venues where it's been nearly impossible to get a taxi after the show... Can anybody chime in on this for the USANA?

i just plan on getting downtown a bit early, then finding a place to eat/drink near the venue before the show. Any plans for a pre show meet-up?

i just plan on getting downtown a bit early, then finding a place to eat/drink near the venue before the show. Any plans for a pre show meet-up?

Sark, if you look at the earlier posts in this thread, there's a link for the Copper Creek Pub. It's just a few miles from the amphitheater (which is NOT downtown, btw). Still, I'm wondering just how bad traffic gets on show day???

It is pretty congested so plan for it. Just don't have a good feeder system out there in the boonies.

Sark, if you look at the earlier posts in this thread, there's a link for the Copper Creek Pub. It's just a few miles from the amphitheater (which is NOT downtown, btw). Still, I'm wondering just how bad traffic gets on show day???

Not to disrupt any pre-show plans, but isn't there a place within walking distance

Having just looked at a map, this seems like the best option. Just have to hoof it, or park nearby.

It shouldn't be terrible at 56th West and 35th south. Near Usana it gets really bad, especially if you don't take 56th West. I wish I had a bike.

Not to disrupt any pre-show plans, but isn't there a place within walking distance

Having just looked at a map, this seems like the best option. Just have to hoof it, or park nearby.

You must be a track star; it's not that close. ;) (Nothing is to Usana)

It shouldn't be terrible at 56th West and 35th south. Near Usana it gets really bad, especially if you don't take 56th West. I wish I had a bike.

I agree with that, avoid taking 5400 S from the interstate into USANA whatever you do. I missed the R30 Overture thanks to the terrible traffic on that street back in 2004 but I have had much better luck using 5600 W ever since then for shows at USANA.

You must be a track star; it's not that close. ;) (Nothing is to Usana)

It's worth the walk to see Rush! Actually, I've walked farther than that before. :lol:

I agree with that, avoid taking 5400 S from the interstate into USANA whatever you do. I missed the R30 Overture thanks to the terrible traffic on that street back in 2004 but I have had much better luck using 5600 W ever since then for shows at USANA.

Thanks for the advice... You going to the pre-show at Copper Creek?

Thanks for the advice... You going to the pre-show at Copper Creek?

Yes, I will be there but don't know quite when since I am driving from Idaho.

i am so JEALOUS that your show is tomarrow ... lucky you guys... please tell us how it is and check on those T-Shirts prices.. God i can't wait for ours here in Denver.. Party Hard sing loud and Drive SAFELY!!!!!

We'll yell for you but don't worry, Friday will be here soon! :haz: :rush:

It was great to get to meet some of the TRF folks in person. A great group of people who love such a fantastic band. We had a mini raffle with funds going to the Alberta Charity. A big shout out to the folks who came down from the Northwest and were so nice to this newbie and her sister. Enjoyed chatting with everyone, it helped keep down the pre-concert jitters. The concert started a half hour late since the sun was so hot.

Rush was fantastic and it went by too fast. loved it :rush: :haz: :clap: :yes: :yay:

p.s. the strings were a wonderful edition, it made the songs sound so good. They even played on some non CA songs too :)

Archived