2013 - 07/28 - Portland, OR - Sleep Country Amphitheater

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amphitheater is actually in Washington state for those of you that don't know. It's technically in Ridgefield, WA but in reality it's located in the north end of the city of Vancouver, Washington state (NOT B.C.!!). Vancouver is basically a suburb of Portland, Oregon even though it's a completely different state. We're on the north side of the Columbia River from Portland. The river is the border for the 2 states.

My Mrs. and I are in row 16 section 102 which is dead center. If you see us, please say 'hi'. My pic is below and you'll know us cuz I'm REALLY tall (6'7") and she's really not tall (5'2") and as a result we look kind of funny. :lol:

Oh, and if you've never been out this way, be aware that rain is possible ANY day of the year in this area. July 28th should be warm and dry but the August 7, 2010 show in Seattle was a very rainy one so you never know. The reserved seats are covered though so weather is not an issue if you have seats in that area. Only the GA lawn is not covered..

Seen them there on the R30 tour, its a good venue. Saw quite a few shows there when I lived in portland. Portland metropolitan area gets less rain than seattle, rain is pretty much unheard of in late July. Should be about 82 degrees with no humidity.

Have fun!

My husband and I attended the 2011 show there, and think it's a great venue. We're excited about coming back this year. The worst part is not knowing where our seats are this time because we bought the VIP package - I don't like this system at all! I got in the first 5 minutes, so I"m hoping for the best.

CA is a great album - can hardly wait!

Well those tickets went quick so my fiance and I had to scramble to find some in the same row. Jumped on a pair of 18th row seats for 360 after service charges. I don't care what I paid I'm just happy I get to see them again!

HowItIs picked up a ticket for me when she bought one for her and her family back on the 19th during the first pre-sale. I know she got in right at noon but since we splurged on VIP seats, we won't know where we're sitting until we get there. Which is fine. I know we'll have a great seats and I'm thrilled to be going with a good female friend. Since it's a ways away, I'm sure I'll make a little vacation out of it. Probably bring the fam...

Cannot wait for the show!!!!

Lawn is sold out and has been for quite a while!! Almost nothing left in the 100s (singles only) and three middle 200 sections. Wow. Don't know how many lawn tickets were put up originally but do know they were originally sold as I called Ticketbastard and the guy confirmed there were GA lawn on sale when tix first were available. I think there's a good chance at a total sell-out which would be in the neighborhood of 17,000 IF they put the full capacity of 7000 lawn tix on sale. Again, WOW!!!

Lawn is sold out and has been for quite a while!! Almost nothing left in the 100s (singles only) and three middle 200 sections. Wow. Don't know how many lawn tickets were put up originally but do know they were originally sold as I called Ticketbastard and the guy confirmed there were GA lawn on sale when tix first were available. I think there's a good chance at a total sell-out which would be in the neighborhood of 17,000 IF they put the full capacity of 7000 lawn tix on sale. Again, WOW!!!

Almost sold out already!? That's awesome. Well, awesome for those of us who have tickets.

I'm still wondering if they're going to come back and do a show at the gorge in August. There doesn't appear to be any shows schedule there that month??

I'm still wondering if they're going to come back and do a show at the gorge in August. There doesn't appear to be any shows schedule there that month??

I wish!! :drool:

Just read some people's comments on the day of show forum on Rushisaband and apparently there have never been any GA Lawn seats put on sale. It would appear that won't be done until the reserved is a total sell-out (not that far away by the way). I think this is a flat out shitty fukking deal and I wish the band knew about this and would step in and cease a practice like this. This reeks of a Ticketbastard fleecing and I now despise that company even more. Guessing the promoter is involved and possibly band management as well and they can all go to hell. Lawn will happen but it should've been an option for people from the very beginning. I call BULLSHIT on this.

LiveNation and TicketMaster are one in the same.

LiveNation is the promoter, TM is the facilitator.

RUSH demands a guarantee that requires LN to engage in practices like this.

Not that I agree with it, I'm just telling you the WHY... not that I believe it to be ethical at all.

LiveNation and TicketMaster are one in the same.

LiveNation is the promoter, TM is the facilitator.

RUSH demands a guarantee that requires LN to engage in practices like this.

Not that I agree with it, I'm just telling you the WHY... not that I believe it to be ethical at all.

After a bit of quick research (I called the amphitheater LOL.......very nice people work there btw) it is indeed fact that no Lawn seats have been sold and there won't be any sold until reserved is sold out. Apparently this was the case the last time Rush played the same venue 2 years ago though I was not aware of that at the time. I was told some "tours" do things this way and I asked "promoter?" and he said yes. I also asked if the band had something to do with this policy and he said yes. I suppose it's possible the guys in the band prefer this approach as I'm thinking they prefer a full house up front to a 2/3 full in front with a say nearly full lawn. And maybe it's Daniels and band management and the guys don't know about it. Regardless, I don't agree with this policy as there are fans out there that can only afford GA Lawn and they may end up shut out because they don't know 2 months down the road that those tix have been put on sale. Furthermore, it ends up hurting total sales/cash take if say 4000 lawn would've been sold and only 2000 end up being sold even at the cost of say 1000 fewer reserved being sold. I believe you're right Snaked, but monetarily I think they'd do better with a larger quantity of lawn 'seats' sold. And I agree with you 100% that this is not ethical at all!

As expected, the General admission lawn section has now been opened up (most of the reserved seats are sold) for those folks that desire a smaller hit to the pocketbook. Cost is $35 + rip off fees of $8.35 for a total of $43.35 per ticket (I was just on Ticketbastard's website). C'mon Portland/Vancouver, let's represent and get a big crowd out for the show! Remember, it's likely to be a fine summer evening and the guys won't be back for quite some time so get out and enjoy a great concert.

I'm staying at one of the hotels by the Salmon Creek Park and Ride and then catching the shuttle to the show (the only way to go). There's a place called Billygans Roundhouse nearby that looks like it might be okay. Has anyone eaten there? If so, how is it?

I mean Billygans Roadhouse

I'm staying at one of the hotels by the Salmon Creek Park and Ride and then catching the shuttle to the show (the only way to go). There's a place called Billygans Roundhouse nearby that looks like it might be okay. Has anyone eaten there? If so, how is it?

Shuttle is DEFINITELY the only way to go if you aren't into hanging around and socializing before and after the show.

As for Billygans, it's not bad. Food's decent and prices are decent. It certainly won't be confused with El Gaucho or the like (thus the word "Roadhouse" in the name LOL) but it's plenty edible and it's one of those places that provide peanuts and you toss the shells on the floor. Do be aware that it is often packed to the gills on amphitheater show days so you may want to arrive early.

I was seriously thinking about using some of my air miles to come down there for the show. But I got the look. :tsk: :P I have seen the band twice in the past six months so reality has set in. Have fun all! :rush: :ebert:

Shuttle is DEFINITELY the only way to go if you aren't into hanging around and socializing before and after the show.

As for Billygans, it's not bad. Food's decent and prices are decent. It certainly won't be confused with El Gaucho or the like (thus the word "Roadhouse" in the name LOL) but it's plenty edible and it's one of those places that provide peanuts and you toss the shells on the floor. Do be aware that it is often packed to the gills on amphitheater show days so you may want to arrive early.

Thanks for the info. Packed to the gills with Rush fans sounds good.

I was seriously thinking about using some of my air miles to come down there for the show. But I got the look. :tsk: :P I have seen the band twice in the past six months so reality has set in. Have fun all! :rush: :ebert:

"The look"!! Oh yeah, every married/long term relationship guy knows that all too well. LOL

Just a heads up, I was in vancouver visiting some friends and I noticed that the park and ride is no longer straight off the I5 exit, it's now down the street by the Fred Meyers!

"The look"!! Oh yeah, every married/long term relationship guy knows that all too well. LOL

:lol: Yeah,

Plus, the setlist isn't changing so it's best to save the miles. :rush: :D

Archived