2013 - 07/26 - Vancouver, BC - Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same way. I love grabbing tickets four months before the show and having them in my hand. Tomorrow will be 1 month until the show. We need to meet up before the show for some drinks.

Absolutely! I remember last time I caught a Rush show in Vancouver - June 30th, 2011 - we went to a pub afterwards, and they had the best macaroni and cheese I'd ever had. It was really random and unexpected! I promised myselef I'd go there again sometime, but I can't remember what the place is called. I'll have to call around and see if anyone else remembers.

And I'm just going to put it out there: I'll share photos that I take - assuming that I'll be able to take some photos - here, so that we can all share photographic memories of the night. If anyone else wants to do the same, it would be awesome! I'll be middle of 14th floor row, so that will be my photo vantage point. Oh, and fair warning: most pictures will be of Geddy. :P

I just miiiiight try to sneak in my li'l digital tape recorder, too, though I very much doubt it would record anything that sounds good. I've been getting sad that my last show, Edmonton, doesn't appear to exist as a fan-taped recording, as it was a very good-sounding show, and want to at least try my hand at doing something about this, this time. Seems security is a bit more lax in this department these days; I hadn't brought my camera or anything at all to that Vancouver show last time, and I totally didn't get my bag checked at all. I was so annoyed! I was being a good girl for nothing!

I feel the same way. I love grabbing tickets four months before the show and having them in my hand. Tomorrow will be 1 month until the show. We need to meet up before the show for some drinks.

Absolutely! I remember last time I caught a Rush show in Vancouver - June 30th, 2011 - we went to a pub afterwards, and they had the best macaroni and cheese I'd ever had. It was really random and unexpected! I promised myselef I'd go there again sometime, but I can't remember what the place is called. I'll have to call around and see if anyone else remembers.

I missed out on Rush and Mac N Cheese because of a stupid family reunion. :rage: We most definitely have to find this place.

And I will attempt to sneak my digital camera into the show. I managed to get my pocket knife into Metallica last summer by saying it was my cell phone while holding my phone in my hand. Security is horrible at these shows.

I received a message from a friend from RIAB who says that there is a pre-concert get together at Moxie's on West Georgia. Here is the info:

C'mon out and for a drink and bite and mingle with some amazing like-minded peeps before seeing the greatest band on earth!!!!!

This will be a catered event with an open cash bar. The price is $25 per person for the food and the room. The company will be priceless...

The menu will include:

Imported & Domestic Cheese & Cracker Platters

Sliced Fruit Platters

Marinated Chicken & Seasonal Vegetables Kabobs

Crostini with Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese & Capers

Moxie's Combo Platters

(chicken tenders, chicken wings, avocado spring rolls, med bread)

Vegetarian Quesadillas

Chicken Pesto Quesadillas

Quartered Beef Dip Sandwiches

It's the first thing I have heard mentioned although the Shark Club is an obvious choice.

Do you have any idea how many people are expected at Moxies? I don't see anything about it on RIAB.

Sorry, I don't know. It was some one who is an RIAB member that put it on her Facebook page. I don't have a link to the page either. Last year in Seattle a bunch of us went to a great pre-concert party that had about 70 people at it. It was never posted on RIAB. Sometimes these things seem to pop up at the last minute.

By the way, does anybody know if any Rush tribute shows are playing on thursday or friday before the show? I hear that such bands come out of the woodwork whenever the Rush comes to any city... I might actually go, on the off chance that they do alot of 70s material...

I'd love to do that but I don't know much about downtown Vancouver so I would not be sure of where to place it.

But lets see, the doors open at 1830, right? So it would have to be between 1700 and 1800ish right?

Still nothing floating around on any of the sites concerning a pre-show meetup.

Another TRF member Ranger J and his girlfriend from Australia are staying with us and we will probably just go to a sports bar called The Shark Club which is at 180 West Georgia. I've been there before a Rush concert before and there is usually a good group of fans there. It's only about a 5 minute stagger over to Roger's Arena.

We plan to get there at about 5:00 pm. Come on over and join us, I'll be the one wearing the Rush t-shirt :facepalm: Actually I'll probably wear my "Good Rush Bad Rush" t-shirt.

Still nothing floating around on any of the sites concerning a pre-show meetup.

Another TRF member Ranger J and his girlfriend from Australia are staying with us and we will probably just go to a sports bar called The Shark Club which is at 180 West Georgia. I've been there before a Rush concert before and there is usually a good group of fans there. It's only about a 5 minute stagger over to Roger's Arena.

We plan to get there at about 5:00 pm. Come on over and join us, I'll be the one wearing the Rush t-shirt :facepalm: Actually I'll probably wear my "Good Rush Bad Rush" t-shirt.

I'll probably see ya there.

I don't know if I'd be able to do a meet-up... not sure what the plans are for when I get to Vancouver. I know my bf is definitely not interested in going anywhere near the concert (his loss!), so I may have to meander over to the arena on my own.

And if anyone's interested, I'll be wearing a bright yellow halter sundress. I feel like I want to radiate some sunshine to the boys (not that they'll be able to see me from the sea of bodies!). And for anyone sitting around me, I'm going to apologize in advance: if I can, I will be video recording 'The Anarchist'. What a monster song!

Archived