2013 - 07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Arrrrrrrgggggggggggggh...why does this have to be on the 4th of July? My son has to play in the parade in our town that day.

We'd both rather be enjoying our favorite band.

Is it a night parade?? Make it down, I'll buy you a beer!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrrrrrrgggggggggggggh...why does this have to be on the 4th of July? My son has to play in the parade in our town that day.

Thanks, but it's an afternoon parade...no way we can make it. May have to see about Chicago instead. I thought I read something about KC as well, but I don't see it on the list here.

Thanks, but it's an afternoon parade...no way we can make it. May have to see about Chicago instead. I thought I read something about KC as well, but I don't see it on the list here.

Look at page 2 :)

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sometimes I'm too stupid to live.

That's close to his birthday, so it works perfectly. We should be able to make that one.

Thanks, LIX!!!!!

That's close to his birthday, so it works perfectly. We should be able to make that one.

Thanks, LIX!!!!!

No problem - you still should stop by Milwaukee sometime. You, me, ILS can go shoot some pool or something.

Thanks, LIX!!!!!

No problem - you still should stop by Milwaukee sometime. You, me, ILS can go shoot some pool or something.

Sounds like fun! (Though I suck at pool.)

Looks like I'm going to hit this one instead of Tinley Park IL. If we are going to stay the night, and suggestions for a very nice hotel near the venue?

Looks like I'm going to hit this one instead of Tinley Park IL. If we are going to stay the night, and suggestions for a very nice hotel near the venue?

Very nice, sure - look at the Intercontinental, Hotel Metro or Pfister. If you don't mind a little trip - stay near the airport and take the Freeway Flyer into the event. Easy in, easy out. Last year the flyer was $6 round trip I believe.

Very nice, sure - look at the Intercontinental, Hotel Metro or Pfister. If you don't mind a little trip - stay near the airport and take the Freeway Flyer into the event. Easy in, easy out. Last year the flyer was $6 round trip I believe.

Thanks for the info, LiX!

Isn't it July yet?

I have some friend coming in for the show. I should be a fun time!

Did anyone else notice that the Barenaked Ladies are playing on the stage next to the Marcus that

night?

I got a question for all you annual Summerfesters. On Ticketmaster, I see a single aisle seat in row X of section 8, is this seat any good? Thinking of buying the tix and hopefully upgrading at the box office right before show....Is this a good idea? For all my other shows, I went the VIP route....Milwaukee newbie here!

I got a question for all you annual Summerfesters. On Ticketmaster, I see a single aisle seat in row X of section 8, is this seat any good? Thinking of buying the tix and hopefully upgrading at the box office right before show....Is this a good idea? For all my other shows, I went the VIP route....Milwaukee newbie here!

I'm not a big fan of sections 4 or 8. Especially seeing you'll be in the last row.... and especially if you have a high seat number. Last row of section 6 is pretty awesome though. I would say your best bet right now is to keep checking a couple times a day, tickets almost always free up before the show. Or do what a couple of my friends did... Just show up and buy one around the area. You can get singles at face value, or if you wait until the show starts, below. A coworker got 2nd row doing this, and paid the same as I did for second tier....

I'm not a big fan of sections 4 or 8. Especially seeing you'll be in the last row.... and especially if you have a high seat number. Last row of section 6 is pretty awesome though. I would say your best bet right now is to keep checking a couple times a day, tickets almost always free up before the show. Or do what a couple of my friends did... Just show up and buy one around the area. You can get singles at face value, or if you wait until the show starts, below. A coworker got 2nd row doing this, and paid the same as I did for second tier....

Hey Lost! What's up? Thanks for the info! A fellow TRF'er has a spare tix that I might grab in Section 1, row L. I can upgrade to get closer on show day if I happen to see a anything that's closer. I see that I could take the Badger Bus into Summerfest from Madison so I wouldn't need worry about the driving either! :ebert:

Anyone that went thru music today get any notification yet?

Lost, I haven't gotten notification yet. Keep us posted if you do, I will do same.

Anything yet? :) Not me

Lost, I haven't gotten notification yet. Keep us posted if you do, I will do same.

Still nothing....

Still nothing....

Nothing here either. Kind of getting a little concerned since we are less than 1 month out, I recall that MusicToday used to have these out by now...

Still nothing....

Nothing here either. Kind of getting a little concerned since we are less than 1 month out, I recall that MusicToday used to have these out by now...

I looked at my purchase confirmation and it says that they will be mailed up at least 2 weeks before the show. If we don't hear anything by 1 week prior to the show, to contact them. Seems like 1 week is cutting it close.

Still nothing....

I looked at my purchase confirmation and it says that they will be mailed up at least 2 weeks before the show. If we don't hear anything by 1 week prior to the show, to contact them. Seems like 1 week is cutting it close.

They've always used that language in the past, but I typically rec'd the email and tix about a month out. I've never had to sweat out that "2 weeks until concert and I haven't rec'd the email/tix" before. I shouldn't be too worried, MT has never let me (or any others that I recall) down, so I guess we wait it out.

Still nothing....

They've always used that language in the past, but I typically rec'd the email and tix about a month out. I've never had to sweat out that "2 weeks until concert and I haven't rec'd the email/tix" before. I shouldn't be too worried, MT has never let me (or any others that I recall) down, so I guess we wait it out.

I'm not too worried, if I remember - the last Summerfest show was a little later than usual too. Just would like to see something soon :)

Posting this in here too...

I highly recommend the flyers for people coming in from out of town. Park at one of the red dots, jump on the flyer and it drops you off at the Summerfest main entrance. After the show, head back and it'll drop you off at your car. The flyers have their own lanes in and out of Summerfest, so there is no traffic to deal with.

$6.50 round trip.

http://www.ridemcts.com/routes-schedules/event-seasonal-services/summerfest

http://www.ridemcts.com/images/default-source/routes_schedules_images/freeway-flyer-service-map-summerfest-lg.png

Posting this in here too...

I highly recommend the flyers for people coming in from out of town. Park at one of the red dots, jump on the flyer and it drops you off at the Summerfest main entrance. After the show, head back and it'll drop you off at your car. The flyers have their own lanes in and out of Summerfest, so there is no traffic to deal with.

$6.50 round trip.

http://www.ridemcts....ices/summerfest

http://www.ridemcts.com/images/default-source/routes_schedules_images/freeway-flyer-service-map-summerfest-lg.png

Huge help for me, Lost....THANKS!!! I was going to drive in... FIB coming over the border for some fun in God's country. Yeah, leaving Summerfest is a real pain.

Hey Lost! What's up? Thanks for the info! A fellow TRF'er has a spare tix that I might grab in Section 1, row L. I can upgrade to get closer on show day if I happen to see a anything that's closer. I see that I could take the Badger Bus into Summerfest from Madison so I wouldn't need worry about the driving either! :ebert:

Okay, I booked the bus ride down to the show on the 4th. Anyone familiar with the bus drop off point, which is by Michigan & Jackson. Is it safe for a near midnight walk back here to this location after the show to get on the bus back to Madison? Just wondering....

Archived