Please Type In Your Most Hated Genesis Song Of All Time!

RUSHHEAD666

Ok I meant to add text to that post but... And now I can't edit it from my phone (why?!?!?) but goober is right! I felt the same way about the similar thread on Rush.. Why would I sit here and try to think up something shitty about my favorite band??

I have no problem calling out any band (including my favorite band Rush) when they miss the mark, I just don't want to sit around listening to bad material by any band, including my favorite band or Genesis (probably a top 20 fave band for me).

Ok I meant to add text to that post but... And now I can't edit it from my phone (why?!?!?) but goober is right! I felt the same way about the similar thread on Rush.. Why would I sit here and try to think up something shitty about my favorite band??

..but anyways since I'm here.. And since its not Rush.. I seem to remember Phil Collins singing some bullshit called pysudio way back in the 80's .. Was he in genesis at the time?? Not sure but it was bad..

I think you mean "Sussudio" (KINDA latin for "help"). It was a solo record. With brass section.

Sussudio. The best song Prince never wrote.

f***ing A. Take it to the bridge.

We Can't Dance is a Steaming pile

..but anyways since I'm here.. And since its not Rush.. I seem to remember Phil Collins singing some bullshit called pysudio way back in the 80's .. Was he in genesis at the time?? Not sure but it was bad..

I think you mean "Sussudio" (KINDA latin for "help"). It was a solo record. With brass section.

Latin for Help? Fitting..

Ya that's the one lol

That was from Collins' third solo album Pablum for Soccer Moms, Vol. 3.

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/datura67/Screenshot_4_zps347bdb7e.png

LOL!!

EPIC!

congo, from calling all stations

Damn! I love "Congo!" I love Death Angel too.

I'm really fukked up.

I think Phil ruined Genesis. Didn't he write the Disney Soundtrack to "Tarzan?"

I would rather listen to Elton John's "El Dorado" soundtrack! LOL!

You truly are a madman, Earl! http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/RSmak1027/CrazyGuy.gif

A "Madman Across The Water" or a "Diary Of A Madman?"

Yes I am my Storm Shadow Brother!

I LIVE TO ROCK! COCK ROCK OR PROG ROCK! I AM A WHORE OF WHORES!

Cheers!

This question to me is like asking what my least favorite Rush song is. I can easily make a list of my favorite 75 or 100 Rush songs, but a bottom 25 would be painful to compile. I just don't generally like to sit around listening to songs I don't like over and over to determine which one is the worst of the worst. I don't own many latter-day Genesis albums, but of what I've heard, there are some great songs, some good songs and some clunkers. In terms of what's the worst one - I'll leave that for insane completists like Earl to decide. :P

Yes! I am an insane completist! I have a problem! I try but I will never hear every note of music in my life. I waste my money on multiple copies of cds. Japanese imports.

Remasters. Reissues. Endless.

Worst Rush tunes? Well there aren't many that I know of.

Sure many of you guys know I don't care for much of "Test For Echo" however it's more of the lyrical content that I can't stand. Musically I think TFE kicks ass.

Many hate "Rivendell." I actually enjoy it.

"Carve Away The Stone." Ok Goober. There! I hate that song........................ Fuckking hate it.

Invisible Touch. I just can't stand the song. I love the album, especially Land of Confusion.

it's no fun being an illegal alien.....

Of the Genesis songs I've heard, this is probably the worst.

The least complimentary thing I could say about the song is that it sounds like a solo Phil Collins song. :sarcastic:

It's really hard to comprehend that some of the same people that brought us Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and Trick of the Tail brought us this song and some of their latter works. The mind boggles. :eh:

Would you say that Genesis started getting more poppy after Phil was getting really famous? I dont know 80's Genesis or Phil's solo work very well, but if their music is similar, maybe Tony and Mike saw his success and thought they could achieve the same? Prolly talking out of my ass here, but just a thought.

Would you say that Genesis started getting more poppy after Phil was getting really famous? I dont know 80's Genesis or Phil's solo work very well, but if their music is similar, maybe Tony and Mike saw his success and thought they could achieve the same? Prolly talking out of my ass here, but just a thought.

No, you do have a good point. They decided to ride that gravy train all the way to the bank. Can't blame them! The music during the Peter period was much different IMO and didn't generate the same amount of interest.

it's no fun being an illegal alien.....

Of the Genesis songs I've heard, this is probably the worst.

The least complimentary thing I could say about the song is that it sounds like a solo Phil Collins song. :sarcastic:

It's really hard to comprehend that some of the same people that brought us Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and Trick of the Tail brought us this song and some of their latter works. The mind boggles. :eh:

One can only hope that nowadays Phil is mortified he hears himself sing in that stoopidly affected accent.