Please Type In Your Most Hated Genesis Song Of All Time!

RUSHHEAD666

Oh yeah, proviso. Clearly, I know that Jon Anderson "sings" for Yes. By my hatred for him is so profound that it bleeds into the discission of other bands.
  • Like 1

The most hated is different than the worst, right? Because I really, really hate "Invisible Trouch", but the whole Calling All Stations album is so tepid that I can´t even bring myself to hate it.

I understand where you are coming from but I must be messed up in the head! I loved "Invisible Touch" when I was in high school. I went to see that tour in Oakland. I loved the Drum Duet!

Most people on the earth who are Genesis fans HATE "Calling All Stations."

I fukking love that record!! The drumming is off the charts and Tony steals the show. Love the vocalist too! He sounds like John Mitchell. The current singer in It Bites.

"Shipwrecked" is one of my favorite songs!

If That's What You Need. Waiting room buttrock to the highest degree.

Well Storm you know I am addicted to buttrock. I love that song!

I think I was dropped on my head when I was a baby too many times!

"Calling All Stations" is one of the most underrated albums of all time!!

In Too Deep. It's so f***ing awful. I love Invisible Touch in all it's poptastic glory, but In Too Deep sucks maggots. Tell Me Why is another one. And Hold On My Heart. God, they're so f***ing bad.

Oh God, all those cheesy sugary Genesis 80s ballads... How many marriages did they bring together?

I love Congo off Calling All Stations. I even bought the cd single. Even the video was quite bad ass, for a Genesis video. There, I'll post it!!

This question to me is like asking what my least favorite Rush song is. I can easily make a list of my favorite 75 or 100 Rush songs, but a bottom 25 would be painful to compile. I just don't generally like to sit around listening to songs I don't like over and over to determine which one is the worst of the worst. I don't own many latter-day Genesis albums, but of what I've heard, there are some great songs, some good songs and some clunkers. In terms of what's the worst one - I'll leave that for insane completists like Earl to decide. :P Edited by rushgoober
  • Like 1

This question to me is like asking what my least favorite Rush song is. I can easily make a list of my favorite 75 or 100 Rush songs, but a bottom 25 would be painful to compile. I just don't generally like to sit around listening to songs I don't like over and over to determine which one is the worst of the worst. I don't own many latter-day Genesis albums, but of what I've heard, there are some great songs, some good songs and some clunkers. In terms of what's the worst one - I'll leave that for insane completists like Earl to decide. :P

Ok I meant to add text to that post but... And now I can't edit it from my phone (why?!?!?) but goober is right! I felt the same way about the similar thread on Rush.. Why would I sit here and try to think up something shitty about my favorite band??

..but anyways since I'm here.. And since its not Rush.. I seem to remember Phil Collins singing some bullshit called pysudio way back in the 80's .. Was he in genesis at the time?? Not sure but it was bad..

Ok I meant to add text to that post but... And now I can't edit it from my phone (why?!?!?) but goober is right! I felt the same way about the similar thread on Rush.. Why would I sit here and try to think up something shitty about my favorite band??

..but anyways since I'm here.. And since its not Rush.. I seem to remember Phil Collins singing some bullshit called pysudio way back in the 80's .. Was he in genesis at the time?? Not sure but it was bad..

I think you mean "Sussudio" (KINDA latin for "help"). It was a solo record. With brass section.

I think you mean "Sussudio" (KINDA latin for "help"). It was a solo record. With brass section.

Latin for Help? Fitting..

Ya that's the one lol

Latin for Help? Fitting..

Ya that's the one lol

That was from Collins' third solo album Pablum for Soccer Moms, Vol. 3.

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/datura67/Screenshot_4_zps347bdb7e.png

• Like 1