12 - Best Song From Hold Your Fire

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Second Nature
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock and Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page
    • Tai Shan
    • High Water

Every song is great on this album if you like "adult contemporary" Rush as someone put it wink.gif

Time Stand Still is great lyrically and all, but it does get a bit tiresome hearing over and over.

I especially like a lot of Alex's guitar melodies on this album, as well as Geddy's vocal melodies and Neil's best emotional relationship lyrics. Open Secrets is a great example of this.

High Water and Prime Mover are actually pretty deep philosophical lyrics. Great loud.

Lock and Key and Mission are good as well, a bit poppish, like Force Ten.

Tai Shan is in a class all its own, and you either love it or hate it. Love it.

But for me, being a bass player, loving Alex's bright textures and harmonics in his searing solos, loving aggressive synths, and agreeing so much with Neil on his lyrics in this one, my #1 pick for this song is ---

1022.gif TURN THE PAGE 1022.gif

Still raises the hairs on the back of my neck when I get a chance to crank it really loud and am looking for a pick-me-up firedevil.gif

That bass line is one of those that, even though your left hand is fatigued and about to give out, the RUSH of adrenaline it gives forces you to go on anyway. And the chaos at the end... yummm

Time Stands Still-for the message,melody and Aimee's wonderful vocal.

This is one of only two Rush-albums where I don't care much for the sound and arrangments.

I voted for Force Ten.

It's so hard to choose only one of anything that's your favorite when it comes to RUSH really, but that one is slightly higher than the rest for me.

I liked the stripped down version they did of it on R30. I don't know what it was, but it was nice hearing the song in a different way.

Other favorites on this one:

Turn the Page

Lock & Key (maybe this will get into the 2008 set, hmm?)

Prime Mover

Open Secrets

Mission

HYF is a great album. I don't know why so many people crap all over it all the time.

Turn The Page... especially after seeing ASoH and watching them perform it... awesome.