12 - Best Song From Hold Your Fire

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Second Nature
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock and Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page
    • Tai Shan
    • High Water

High Water.

I love it, I love it, I LOVE it!

The whole album moves me ... It's one of my very favourites.

But High Water gets into my Spirit... wub.gif

Time Stand Still - I know it's hard to pick one song as your favorite but this one is it....I didn't get it until I was older - it just has such profound meaning for me (as I am sure it does for others)

MY FAVORITE AT THIS TIME.............but im always changing that so ask me next week...............umm i went with second nature.....i mean..the beginning is slow for me but the chorus and the part after that are so great(lyric wise)

AUGUST 6TH!!!!!!!!! SALT LAKE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (vaportours @ Aug 24 2004, 07:04 AM)
Anyone who has been to Rushtour knows it is Mission.. this is my song.. love it.. wish they played it this tour..

well, your in luck, they do play "Mission" for this S&A tour, I picked "Time Stand Still" which they didn't choose to play, ah well cool.gif

Not too hard to select here - Force Ten.

Did 10 people really pick Tai Shan as their favorite?!?

Glad to see TSS on top. It's so beautiful and poignant.

Hard to choose though. Love Lock and Key, especially the solo where the keyboards all but die out and it's just the 3 boys jamming.

But High Water holds at special place for me. Just finished a summer program at the guitar Institute of Technology in Hollywood, saved some cash and went to Hawaii with the family for the first time, lying on the beach in 85 degree weather getting rained on listening to high Water..."torrents of tropical rain." Just one of those Rush moments you know? smile.gif

Turn the Page

It took seeing this song on A Show of Hands for me to realize just how badass it is. The bass line alone is worth the price of admission. It is very well constructed, even if the first transition from verse to chorus is a little awkward, when they come back to the chorus the second time, it flows right in to it. the guitar solo is really good, too, but it is better live.

Chris

QUOTE (R30Chris @ Sep 9 2007, 08:37 AM)
Turn the Page

It took seeing this song on A Show of Hands for me to realize just how badass it is. The bass line alone is worth the price of admission. It is very well constructed, even if the first transition from verse to chorus is a little awkward, when they come back to the chorus the second time, it flows right in to it. the guitar solo is really good, too, but it is better live.

Chris

Amen, good buddy!