12 - Best Song From Hold Your Fire

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Second Nature
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock and Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page
    • Tai Shan
    • High Water

This was probably the hardest choice for me. I love "Time Stand Still", as it expresses so much about growing older, looking around, living in the moment. I love "Prime Mover", "Turn The Page", "Force Ten" also.

Went with "Open Secrets" as it is so emotionally moving for me. The interplay of partners in a long-term relationship, the tightrope we all walk between intimacy and isolation, all are very powerful and affecting.

"Closed for my protection

Open to your scorn

Between these two directions

My heart is sometimes torn"

Thai Shan.

The sog whitch get me hooked to Rush.

Fantastic melody and I can see the view from the moountain everytime I hear the song.

Mission is close to be #1.

• Like 2

This should be relabeled as "only good song" for me. Force Ten is the only song that I really like from HYF. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

My disdain for this album is well documented, um, "elsewhere" for lack of a better term.

tongue.gif

'Time Stand Still'. It's my wife's favorite Rush song, so that makes it special. (Ain't I sappy?)

Tough one - I like every song.

But two songs really move me. First one being Mission. That song has personal ties with me. Good thoughts everytime I hear that song.

Second one is Tai Shan, which also has personal ties with my cultural background. I can listen this song over and over again and feel like I'm on that mountain. My parents were both born in that region BTW. If you read the lyrics, you think meh.

But if you hear the song and pay attention to the lyrics..... look out...

I chose Mission. I always thought the Olympics should use this song as it shows its highlights of victories and defeats. However... and I've seen comments about this elsewhere.... TURN THE PAGE is one of my all-time favorites. Breaks my heart to see nobody pick it. I wish I had so I could say I gave it its only vote.

had to go with turn the page such a cool bass line and great lyrics like alot of the songs on this album thought it was a good album.loved the show of show were they played alot from this album

OK Update: It appears Yoda has stepped up and gave Turn The Page a vote. I'd like to shake your hand. What an awesome song!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif Edited by paganoman

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 14 2004, 11:04 AM)
OK Update: It appears that someone has stepped up and gave Turn The Page their vote. I'd like to shake their hand. What an awesome song!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif

yes.gif agreed - excellent song... This album has a lot of memories for me...