12 - Best Song From Hold Your Fire

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Second Nature
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock and Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page
    • Tai Shan
    • High Water

Thanks for the bump, _hi_ and welcome to THE RUSH FORUM. I cried again when I clicked and saw the banner. Early morning. Thanks to whoever administers this forum. I don't think I ever saw mention of them before.

My fav'rite's still Open Secrets. I really dig Alex' intro and this hit me deeper than any previous lyric. It had a personal meaning to me at that very time and made me wonder about what it meant to Neil in that it seemed so revealing. I guess I shouldn't take for granted that he can also create and observe and not everything is a window into his soul. But I'm still curious, I hafta admit. Mission has grown on me a lot because of a guy covering Alex' guitar parts on the Yootoobs, which really hipped me to the brilliance of it. And Time Stand Still is bound to hit anyone where it counts - though not any cover version, every one of which saps the RUSH right out of it and leaves only the sap.

Thanks for the welcome. Did you also happen to hear that Rupert Hine died yesterday?
  • Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. Did you also happen to hear that Rupert Hine died yesterday?

I did just happen to hear it, actually. I rarely stop around here, and since I got a notification of your post, I also got curious about some other RUSH matter or another and clicked over to Geddy's Instagram and saw his mention of it.

Time Stand Still

I feel cold when I listen to the last minute of it... ahhh

It's an undeniable classic. Gee, I wonder why it's grown on me so much after all these years... :codger: :sigh:

Turn the Page, by far.

I bought HYF on the day of its release, and was disgusted by it. I taped what I thought was the only good song, Turn the Page, and threw my vinyl in the dumpster.

A full ten years later I bought the CD in order to give HYF another try and I loved all of it. :tongue: Still do.