12 - Best Song From Hold Your Fire

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Second Nature
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock and Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page
    • Tai Shan
    • High Water

QUOTE (yoda @ Oct 14 2004, 10:06 AM)
yea it's very cool I misstype the show of hand how are you doing today new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm doing awesome. Hope you are the same. Really glad I discovered this forum this week. Yes - this tune is an overlooked classic. I hope in future tours - CAUSE THERE WILL BE FUTURE TOURS.... biggrin.gif that this get song gets some "play time". trink39.gif

yea me too it is a great song I too am glad to find this site lots of nice people here btw i'm doing great I kind of jump in from time to time. tried to play the games but they go above my head most of the time 2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 653.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hold Your Fire, one of my favourite albums. I love every song on it but I've got to give my vote to Open Secrets (totally arbitrary on this). The song just sends shivers down my spine and I can really relate to the lyrics.

Actually the whole LP is great. However, when you get to be my age (46), "Time Stand Still" makes you reflect as well. cool.gif

Oh, this one is SO hard for me, but I'll go with Prime Mover barely edging Mission, Force Ten, and Time Stand Still. I could really go with any of the four depending on the time, mood, day of week, lunar cycle...well you get the drift.
  • Like 1

http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/GeddyFinal.gif this album is....is...is... oh friends this album is very very very bad.Time Stand Still scapes. forgive me friends.

moonmad

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 14 2004, 12:41 AM)
I chose Mission. I always thought the Olympics should use this song as it shows its highlights of victories and defeats. However... and I've seen comments about this elsewhere.... TURN THE PAGE is one of my all-time favorites. Breaks my heart to see nobody pick it. I wish I had so I could say I gave it its only vote.

Bumping this one to include notables such as Force Ten, Open Secrets, and Prime Mover (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE). Time Stand Still is an incredible song, but for some reason I've heard it so many times that I just can't listen to it anymore. I'm sure there will come a day when I rediscover why I loved it so much, but for now it's on the mental shelf. Also to note that I recently got into Second Nature which I hadn't listened to in years. Blew the dust off of that one, and realized that it truly is a great tune.