12 - Best Song From Hold Your Fire

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Second Nature
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock and Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page
    • Tai Shan
    • High Water

QUOTE (Apollo was astonished @ Feb 3 2005, 12:12 AM)
Only 5 votes for Lock and Key!!!!!  fing.gif

laugh.gif No worries, bro. I think it's an awesome song. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hello all, to me there is no best RUSH SONG/Album. Out of all of their songs on all of there albums it is just really tough to me it depends on the mood i'm in.Thats why I love them so much!!! But if I have to choose... I am partial to "Second Nature" .

troutman

"kind of what goes on in my head"

I have to say Open Secrets. Lock and Key comes in a close second.

Ya know what's funny? First time I listened to HYF, Open Secrets was my least favorite. tongue.gif

For me, the toughest CD to label with a best song. Open Secrets - for anyone who has hit that stage in a relationship. God I love this CD! I can't believe some people label it as Rush's worst (if such an animal really exists). I take it back - Open Secrets is not the best song on this CD. The CD is "one best song."

here's the first time in the 80's that rush made anything close to a bad song imho, that being both high water and tai shan, but besides that the album is flawless, and the highest peak of their use of technology, strong enough that it caused a backlash that them pretty much abandon them entirely soon afterwards. while the rest of the album is superlative, prime mover has always been my fave...

Guest Xourque
I like Lock and Key the most because if its 80s hard rock style. All the rest of the album seems soft with only synthesizers to provide the lead tunes. However, Lock and Key has more hard guitar leads to it.