2013 - 07/06 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I woke up this morning 30 minutes north of Boston, MA, but tomorrow night we'll be at the Hamilton show. (baring border crossing issues)

I've always wanted to see Rush play in Canada.

The biggest issue with crossing the border will be how heavy the traffic is. There's web pages where you can check that. As long as you have your passport (the easiest way to get across without hassle) or other proper crossing documents you should be good. Living in Buffalo I've crossed into Canada many times and the only trouble I've ever had was waiting in traffic.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I woke up this morning 30 minutes north of Boston, MA, but tomorrow night we'll be at the Hamilton show. (baring border crossing issues)

The biggest issue with crossing the border will be how heavy the traffic is. There's web pages where you can check that. As long as you have your passport (the easiest way to get across without hassle) or other proper crossing documents you should be good. Living in Buffalo I've crossed into Canada many times and the only trouble I've ever had was waiting in traffic.

We read something not long ago about people with DUIs in their past being turned away. The account we read said that if you have one within the last five years you could have a problem. My wife had one more than five years ago. I don't expect any difficulties, but one never knows.

We read something not long ago about people with DUIs in their past being turned away. The account we read said that if you have one within the last five years you could have a problem. My wife had one more than five years ago. I don't expect any difficulties, but one never knows.

As long as your wife isn't driving when you cross, I don't think it will be a problem. They may bring it up or possibly check your vehicle if that info comes up when they check her name but if she hasn't had anything in five years I don't think there will be much of an issue.

Today's the day! I bought tickets in February and now July 6 is finally here. I'm looking forward to being wowed by Rush. I also hope that there aren't thunderstorms and torrential downpours of rain during my commute (it's that type of day weatherwise).

What a fantastic show!!!

I didn't have much spare cash when I first bought my tickets so I was gonna be sitting in the upper level. But I lucked out when I checked for tickets online the day before the show to see if anything had opened up and there were some available on the floor, row 15, Geddy's side of the stage :o I had a little extra money this time so I got them. It was so awesome being down that close and witnessing the spectacle that is this tour. There were so many more things I noticed this time around as opposed to when I saw them in Buffalo last year. A lot of that had to do with sitting so much closer this time. Rush really is a band you've gotta see more than once a tour because there's just no way you can absorb everything their show has to offer in just one viewing.

I don't know about the rest of the crowd but down where I was everybody was standing and really into it. I guess that's because all the diehard fans like us are willing to spend that little bit extra to get that much closer when watching our three musical Gods perform. I also lucked out when the people who were sitting next to me for whatever reason left in the middle of the first set and never returned, so I had some room to rock out more during the show. I did talk with the guy next to me and I could tell he was really a fan and he was into the show for the songs he was there for. He was smoking a joint though, maybe security caught him and he got thrown out.

The band was on fire, especially during the new songs. It's gonna be hard for them to not play Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, The Wreckers and Headlong Flight on future tours. The way those songs come across live is unbelievable and any future Rush setlists without them will feel like they're missing something. The crowd was very loud for the whole show and they seemed really appreciative of the new stuff. That's a big risk for a classic rock band like Rush to play almost an entire new album and get the crowd to react positively to it. Of course all the hits at the end had everyone in the arena overjoyed and everybody was playing the air instrument of their choice during YYZ, Spirit Of Radio, Tom Sawyer and 2112.

So, there's my review. I can never seem to do a short review of a Rush show. There's just too much awesomeness to cover.

What a fantastic show!!!

Glad you had a great time. The Hamilton crowd seemed to be more enthusiastic and receptive this time around compared to Rush's previous show there.

I was surprised just how many of our American friends made the trek north of the border...great to see so much support for the band.

The view from my seat...

I'm actually not that surprised that many Americans came over. With the show being on a Saturday and a lot of fans looking for something to do on the long 4th of july weekend made it easier for people to come up. The drive from Buffalo to Hamilton is a simple trip to. The delay at the border to cross was about 10 minutes and we were in Hamilton in a little less than an hour. If they hit Hamilton next time they tour I will go if i'm able to. I hadn't been to the there in about 15 years and forgot how easy of a drive it is from where I live.

I'm actually not that surprised that many Americans came over. With the show being on a Saturday and a lot of fans looking for something to do on the long 4th of july weekend made it easier for people to come up. The drive from Buffalo to Hamilton is a simple trip to. The delay at the border to cross was about 10 minutes and we were in Hamilton in a little less than an hour. If they hit Hamilton next time they tour I will go if i'm able to. I hadn't been to the there in about 15 years and forgot how easy of a drive it is from where I live.

What an awesome show indeed! We caught the Newark show last year and really enjoyed the few tweaks from that show to the Hamilton show, the guys were just spot on all night. Slightly bummed about row 8 for VIP (row 7 in Newark) as I had ordered immediately when they went on sale....not sure what happened there but regardless we had an awesome time rocking out to the best band on the planet. Suffering serious Post Concert Depression today, and I'm afraid it will be quite some time before Rush hits the road again...they've certainly earned a well derserved break after CA wraps up...but we've been spoiled seeing them every year 'cept one since 2007.

We didn't have quite the same luck crossing back to into the US on Sunday, hour and 30 minutes crawling along to get through the border, lots of vehicles searched and even directed to the side for further hassling. At least once we got to our turn we answered a couple questions and were on our way.

We didn't have quite the same luck crossing back to into the US on Sunday, hour and 30 minutes crawling along to get through the border, lots of vehicles searched and even directed to the side for further hassling. At least once we got to our turn we answered a couple questions and were on our way.

What bridge did you use to get back into the US?

We used the Lewiston bridge coming back which was awful but pretty much expected it at the end of a holiday weekend, coming over on Saturday we used the one right in Niagara Falls (Rainbow?) and it too was stacked up for over an hour. No worries, well worth it to see Rush in Canada!

Well, July 6 has come and gone, and I loved seeing RUSH again. My seats were 2nd level, Geddy's side, with an good view looking straight at the guys. I enjoyed watching Neil whenever he solo'd, as well as Alex and Geddy, of course. Rush came on stage about 7:38 pm. It was around 10:50 pm when they were done and Neil ran out of there while Geddy was still saying thanks and good night. (the time included approx. 20 minute intermission)

Geddy said it was good to be back in Canada, 'our home and native land' to lots of cheers. The videos before each set were good. My son roared with laughter when I was startled by one of the fireworks bangs. It was a great night out for my family. It just went too fast. Thanks, Rush, for putting on a great show.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20Hamilton%20ONT%20%206%20July%202013/IMG_3812_zpsb5eeecc4.jpg

LOL!! Chris never fails to impress!!

We used the Lewiston bridge coming back which was awful but pretty much expected it at the end of a holiday weekend, coming over on Saturday we used the one right in Niagara Falls (Rainbow?) and it too was stacked up for over an hour. No worries, well worth it to see Rush in Canada!

Always, always use the Peace Bridge! May be a few more miles but I always find it to be less congested, quicker and an easier drive. Using the Peace Bridge also keeps you out of the driving mess that is Buffalo.

Always, always use the Peace Bridge! May be a few more miles but I always find it to be less congested, quicker and an easier drive. Using the Peace Bridge also keeps you out of the driving mess that is Buffalo.

Um, what? The Peace Bridge is easily the most busy and slowest way to get over the border. It's the most popular bridge to take and there's usually a solid wait time to get across. The Peace Bridge also takes you right into Buffalo after you cross so there is no avoiding the "driving mess" our city offers. The Lewiston/Queenston bridge or the Rainbow bridge are the easier ones to cross and always have less traffic. Then again, what do I know, I've only lived in Buffalo my whole life ;)

At a farmer's market today, I noticed a guy with a Clockwork Angels tee-shirt. I approached him and said I admired his shirt. We struck up a brief conversation about RUSH and last week's Hamilton concert. It's amazing how fun it is to talk to a total stranger when you have common ground.

Um, what? The Peace Bridge is easily the most busy and slowest way to get over the border. It's the most popular bridge to take and there's usually a solid wait time to get across. The Peace Bridge also takes you right into Buffalo after you cross so there is no avoiding the "driving mess" our city offers. The Lewiston/Queenston bridge or the Rainbow bridge are the easier ones to cross and always have less traffic. Then again, what do I know, I've only lived in Buffalo my whole life ;)

My opinion. Your opinion. Gonna be different here. My experience with rainbow bridge always sucks. Never have a problem with peace bridge. Living in Pittsburgh I'm used to "driving messes" as Pittsburgh is never without traffic, construction or detours. Getting around in buffalo is always a challenge and I'm familiar with the city.

Archived