How did you know? Your path to marriage...

Tombstone Mountain

How did I know? Well, in over 30 years, I had never felt this way about a person.

I do remember one particular day. We had been together for about six months. We were on a double date, and my wife and her friend were discussing things that we guys would do for them. I was only half paying attention cuz I was driving. Well, I hear my wife's friend say, "well, Bob butters my buns". My wife then said "Jim doesn't butter my buns." I then jump in and say, "yeah, but I do put whip cream on your tits!" My wife laughed so hard. It was then that I realized that I had found someone who gets me. :)

Try Nutella...reallllllll good

How did I know? Well, in over 30 years, I had never felt this way about a person.

I do remember one particular day. We had been together for about six months. We were on a double date, and my wife and her friend were discussing things that we guys would do for them. I was only half paying attention cuz I was driving. Well, I hear my wife's friend say, "well, Bob butters my buns". My wife then said "Jim doesn't butter my buns." I then jump in and say, "yeah, but I do put whip cream on your tits!" My wife laughed so hard. It was then that I realized that I had found someone who gets me. :)

Try Nutella...reallllllll good

I'll see if she lets me spread some on her boobs this weekend! :banana:

• Like 3

You guys sound like me and D. He NEVER has to watch what he says to me or around me cause I know he's just full of shit. I never take anything Said seriously. And we're always laughing about the same stupid crap.

:LOL:

• Like 1

^ same. we've never edited how we speak to each other, and i love that. the other day he called me the "c-word" in front of his mother. I just laughed :LOL: Edited by liddybuck01

It was weird.

I was to pick my wife up for our first date at 7:00 and we were going to catch a movie.

I had been out riding my bike earlier that day and saw the most beautiful field of wildflowers.

So I suggested that we drive by a look at them before the movie and we got there just as the sun was starting to set which really illuminated the flowers in the most amazing way.

We talked about which movie to see and agreed that we both loved scary movies, and there really wasn’t any playing.

So we went back to her apartment and watched “The Changeling” and “Ghost Story”, eating popcorn and just talking.

We talked straight through the night (no funny stuff, I swear) and just laughed and laughed.

So, the sun starts to come up and I’m thinking I should head out, don’t want the neighbours to talk, right?

I get to the bottom of the stairs and we gave each other a hug and just looked at each other and smiled and didn’t say a word.

I’m driving home, bright sun in my eyes and I think to myself, “Wow, I just met my wife”, and start laughing out loud with this big stupid smile on my face.

That was nearly 24 years ago and I can tell you, I am so blessed to know that I get to begin and end each and everyday with this most amazing person.

We have so much fun, still love watching scary movies and laughing like crazy and just spending hours with one another.

I consider myself the most fortunate of men.

There are times, when we are out and about, that I just look at her and think, “Man, one day she is going to catch on that she is wa-a-ay too good for me”.

To say that I love her falls dreadfully short, as there are no words to express how I feel.

Scripture says that “two become one”, if this is true, then she, most certainly, is the better part of me.

I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt then and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt now and, yes, I still have that stupid smile on my face.

• Like 5

It was weird.

I was to pick my wife up for our first date at 7:00 and we were going to catch a movie.

I had been out riding my bike earlier that day and saw the most beautiful field of wildflowers.

So I suggested that we drive by a look at them before the movie and we got there just as the sun was starting to set which really illuminated the flowers in the most amazing way.

We talked about which movie to see and agreed that we both loved scary movies, and there really wasn’t any playing.

So we went back to her apartment and watched “The Changeling” and “Ghost Story”, eating popcorn and just talking.

We talked straight through the night (no funny stuff, I swear) and just laughed and laughed.

So, the sun starts to come up and I’m thinking I should head out, don’t want the neighbours to talk, right?

I get to the bottom of the stairs and we gave each other a hug and just looked at each other and smiled and didn’t say a word.

I’m driving home, bright sun in my eyes and I think to myself, “Wow, I just met my wife”, and start laughing out loud with this big stupid smile on my face.

That was nearly 24 years ago and I can tell you, I am so blessed to know that I get to begin and end each and everyday with this most amazing person.

We have so much fun, still love watching scary movies and laughing like crazy and just spending hours with one another.

There are times, when we are out and about, that I just look at her and think, “Man, one day she is going to catch on that she is wa-a-ay too good for me”.

To say that I love her falls dreadfully short, as there are no words to express how I feel.

Scripture says that “two become one”, if this is true, then she, most certainly, is the better part of me.

I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt then and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt now and, yes, I still have that stupid smile on my face.

This is good stuff man...of course being a Lyle Lovett fan has probably helped you appreciate the finer things in life
  • Like 1

It was weird.

That is awesome.

• Like 1

Thanks Tombstone Mountain & Librarian,

It is much like the quote from the book, "The Notebook", by Nicholas Sparks...

“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough...”

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

• Like 1

It was weird.

Awwwwwwwww.....! :heart:

:LMAO:

I got married when I was 19 because she was pregnant. I love my kids but the marriage was a 13 year mistake. had to end my last two serious relationships because they ended up being lying sluts that like to cheat .. obviously I'm still figuring this shit out!!

so ya, I got nuthin :(

Edited by MMCXII

This is hilarious and your wife is VERY cool! (Jealous Canadian over here!)

I think that ALL women should agree to having "whip cream on your tits" before they sign any marriage licence...

I got married when I was 19 because she was pregnant. I love my kids but the marriage was a 13 year mistake. had to end my last two serious relationships because they ended up being lying sluts that like to cheat .. obviously I'm still figuring this shit out!!

:hug2: ..?

This is hilarious and your wife is VERY cool! (Jealous Canadian over here!)

I think that ALL women should agree to having "whip cream on your tits" before they sign any marriage licence...

:LMAO: ..!

Babycat, you rule all English chicks! (Now, about this whole whip cream thing...)

:D

^ same. we've never edited how we speak to each other, and i love that. the other day he called me the "c-word" in front of his mother. I just laughed :LOL:

About 25 years ago I called my "then wife" the C word. Even though she just finished calling me a C sucker, it was a huge mistake... I ended up sleeping in the dog kennel for two nights. Yep, me and three wet and smelly black labs, snoring, drooling and farting all night. The dogs were snoring, drooling and farting too, so the air was pretty raunchy in there.

• Like 2

..not that I'm bitter or anything lol. Thanks Babycat!

• Like 1

I'll never forget my dh's romantic proposal. It went something along the lines of, "so, I was thinking, maybe we should get married," followed my some comments about the greater cost-effectiveness of such an arrangement. He didn't know that I had already decided on that course of action by myself about two months prior. Men—always late to the game. . .

Still, it seems to have worked out and here we are 24 years and four kids later.

• Like 2

Did you miss the :hug2: emote I gave you on the second page?

• Like 1

nope, that's what the thank you was for! I just accidentally quoted my post instead of yours lol

You're a sweetheart Babycat!! :hug2: :)

nope, that's what the thank you was for! I just accidentally quoted my post instead of yours lol

You're a sweetheart Babycat!! :hug2: :)

:blush: :coy: Awww..! :coy: :blush:

• Like 1

It was weird.

That is absolutely beautiful and you've brought a tear to my eye. Should that we all love so, and be so loved.

:hug2: RGLT :hug2:

• Like 1

It was weird.

That is absolutely beautiful and you've brought a tear to my eye. Should that we all love so, and be so loved.

I agree...this is a great story. 24 years!!!! What an achievement!!! Good job Brotha man!

It was weird.

I agree...this is a great story. 24 years!!!! What an achievement!!! Good job Brotha man!

All night on a first date and you still felt satisfied in the morning? That's true love I'd say! lol

Obviously she knew too if she had this much trust in you. Congrats on that! :cheers:

• Like 1