How did you know? Your path to marriage...

Tombstone Mountain

Well, I've been with my guy for about 10 years now, but we're not married, nor is it on our radar. I haven't felt that "Wanna walk down the aisle!" thing.

Are you maybe thinking about possibly getting married, or just curious?

• Like 1

I'm not sure, my husband said he only married me because he wanted to be one of the lucky few to take his woman to :rush: concerts and make his bro's jealous. Otherwise, I have no clue as to why I'm married.

Needed to make it legal for the dog... I guess.

• Like 2

Well, I've been with my guy for about 10 years now, but we're not married, nor is it on our radar. I haven't felt that "Wanna walk down the aisle!" thing.

Are you maybe thinking about possibly getting married, or just curious?

I've been married 11 years...just wanted to know what made people take the life sentence
  • Like 1

I hope that nobody took my last post seriously...

I always, always wanted to be a wife. I always wanted a partner, my other half, to get through this life with.

When I first moved in with my husband (then boyfriend) it was terrible. We were selfish, immature brats. Actually, we still are in a way.

But as time went on, we stuck it through and noticed that together, we were both going through a change. That with the other person, we learned from our mistakes and became better based off of our desire to be a better partner for the other and to just be a good person in general.

I think of all of the things my husband has added to my life (like introducing me to Rush!) and the things he says I have added to his life.

He's very sweet and I don't think I can imagine being married to anybody else.

• Like 3

When I realized I was actually in love with her.

I thought hmmm, this is the feeling that all those love songs, poems and movies I have heard/seen throughout my life have been talking about.

I can't imagine being with anyone elase, nor do I want to.

• Like 5

For me, it had to do with this little seed type thing that started to grow in her belly... and it just started getting bigger... and bigger... and bigger... finally I said, "What the hell is that thing in there?"

Next thing you know, I'm wearing a $49 suit and standing in front of a JP.

• Like 3

For me, it had to do with this little seed type thing that started to grow in her belly... and it just started getting bigger... and bigger... and bigger... finally I said, "What the hell is that thing in there?"

You have such a way with words..! :D

• Like 2

Awwwww, thanks. I always try to reflective when I write.

One thing I forgot to mentioned was the $99 ring that I bought at "Honest Ed's" downtown... it was a big hit!

• Like 2

One thing I forgot to mentioned was the $99 ring that I bought at "Honest Ed's" downtown... it was a big hit!

Awww.....! :heart:

• Like 2

You really know how to impress a lady! :rose: :heart: :rose:

• Like 3

He certainly does..!

• Like 2

He certainly does..!

Whatever...there's reasons he lives off the grid.
  • Like 1

We were "high school sweethearts". We had been together since we were 15 and 16. When we got married we were 20 and 21. our 5 year anniversary is a month away.

We didn't really plan on getting married any time soon when we did. We were engaged, and things* happened, so we were like "eff it, let's do it." We had a small wedding, small reception. No biggie. Neither of us thought it was a big deal.

Nothing has changed. We have always been best friends and we still are. This is why it works. We put each other before anyone else.

*Things doesn't mean a pregnancy or anything like that. Living arrangements at the time, as well as my need for his insurance kind of made us do it quicker. Also, our best man was headed to Afghanistan.

• Like 5

He certainly does..!

Whatever...there's reasons he lives off the grid.

And, you simply would NOT believe how incredibly HOT the chicks are out here, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the bush...

For example, one real hottie I've seen recently has at least 7 teeth including the two main ones in the front. (There is a BIG gap though, but at least she HAS them). Another one I've seen has hair on ONLY half of her back... (I saw her at the local swimming hole back in the summer). And, the one I'm seriously thinking about trying to "get to know" a bit more, has a better pair of hip boots than I do! WOW!!! I will have to discuss this whole "chewing tobacco thing" with her though... that's a bit it over the line.

• Like 1

I most certainly do. Right after we said our "I dos," we went straight to Denny's (I really wanted to impress her so I borrowed my Best Man's Pinto) for their "Grand Slam" all day breakfast... cost me twenty friggin' bucks!

I had awesome sex that night...

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 1

I most certainly do. Right after we said our "I dos," we went straight to Denny's (I really wanted to impress her so I borrowed my Best Man's Pinto) for their "Grand Slam" all day breakfast... cost me twenty friggin' bucks!

I had awesome sex that night...

Oh my word..! :D

How did I know? Well, in over 30 years, I had never felt this way about a person.

I do remember one particular day. We had been together for about six months. We were on a double date, and my wife and her friend were discussing things that we guys would do for them. I was only half paying attention cuz I was driving. Well, I hear my wife's friend say, "well, Bob butters my buns". My wife then said "Jim doesn't butter my buns." I then jump in and say, "yeah, but I do put whip cream on your tits!" My wife laughed so hard. It was then that I realized that I had found someone who gets me. :)

• Like 4