how do the meet-and-greets work?

bathory

^^ It sounds like that's the best way. I know some people do score their passes because of someone they know but for those who actually win passes and get to meet the band... they always seem over the moon. And rightly so!

I have had the priviledge of attending a M&G and am glad to have had the opportunity.

This being said, I will say that they are slightly overrated and not overly personal exchanges.

You are basically ushered in and wait in line and given instructions as to how the M&G will work.

Alex and Geddy come out and you have no more than 30 seconds (if that long) to say what you'd like, shake hands and a photgrapher snaps the photo and you are off.

Again, in spite of this, I am glad to have done so, but would not recommend anyone paying for this opportunity.

My one meeting w/rush was thru a connection, but it was in 1994, before they had these photo op meet and greets. Believe me, "over the moon" is an understatement. We actually got to schmooze a bit with the band, cocktails and trays of food circulating, no lines, just an open VIP area at a closed party with everyone mingling together. Except Neil of course who was tucked away in a very large circular booth. My friends and I were completely floored—my buddy even left his tshirt behind when we left the party because he was so delirious from the experience.

My one meeting w/rush was thru a connection, but it was in 1994, before they had these photo op meet and greets. Believe me, "over the moon" is an understatement. We actually got to schmooze a bit with the band, cocktails and trays of food circulating, no lines, just an open VIP area at a closed party with everyone mingling together. Except Neil of course who was tucked away in a very large circular booth. My friends and I were completely floored—my buddy even left his tshirt behind when we left the party because he was so delirious from the experience.

That experience must have been just awesome!!

:ebert:

I've never done a meet and greet before but from what I've heard from people who have is that most of the meet and greet is a long lecture given by the meet and greet manager. Then you get about a minute to shake hands with Rush and take a picture. This whole process takes about an hour. I've also heard that if you have the option to sit front row or do a meet and grett, do the front row seats, it's much more worth it.

I've never done a meet and greet before but from what I've heard from people who have is that most of the meet and greet is a long lecture given by the meet and greet manager. Then you get about a minute to shake hands with Rush and take a picture. This whole process takes about an hour. I've also heard that if you have the option to sit front row or do a meet and grett, do the front row seats, it's much more worth it.

I definitely agree with this. I've never been to a meet and greet, but I had front row seats at Vegas, directly in front of Geddy, and I'd say 3 hours of staring at him is way better haha. I was doing what every hardcore rush fan would do im sure, and Alex came over and sorta leaned over and he looked at me and smiled, and I started screaming and he looked back over and winked. :blush: Geddy looked at me a lot, but he did one of his sweet bass riffs and he was grooving his head and then looked away, but those moments I believe are a whole lot better to experience.

See, during the actual concert, you can scream and wiggle and fangirl and cry all you want, but at a M&G I'd probably awkwardly just stand there and cry and turn red. So, yes. front row kicks ass

Haven't been front row yet, but 4th row a few times, and the first time we got that close it seemed like Geddy purposely made sure to come over to Alex's side where we were for every one of those bass runs in YYZ and look me right in the eye while he ripped each one. I was like, "he's not REALLY looking at me, is he?" the first two times, but when he came back again the third time, it was pretty obvious he was making a point to look right over at us. I doubt he recognized me from the 1994 after show party (this was S&A 14years later), cuz I had a ton of long hair back then and a buzz cut for this show, but I suppose it's possible.

What that old saying, “Once you go front row”?

We had side seats on various shows. There is nothing wrong with bleacher seats. The problem for us was standing up and some asshole behind us screaming “sit the f**k down” which was not gonna happen. Then without hesitation a beer gets thrown on us.

To our shock one of the Rush Police saw it happen. He told the guy to leave which started a huge ruckus. I walked up to the police guy just to say let the guy stay no harm done. This dick gets in my face telling me “stop making matters worse”. He,finally understood my intentions and calmed down. I did tell the beer thrower “we will never sit down”. He was happy to let us stand.

Long story huh?

With that in mind, from that day forward we always got floor seats. Fifth row sucked, third row was better but FIRST? OMG.

We where very fortunate to get front row when we did. Either through brokers or using my wife’s very little eye sight to get “visually impaired seating”. She holds that visual aide cane up The Whole Show.

Front row is the ultimate mind f**k. Us being such huge fans let’s our imagination run wild. We act nuts and it does seem that their show is FOR YOU. Having no one in front is the way to go.

Oh and by the way i won M&G and like was said a few words back Front Row puts a foot in M&G’s ASS.

Edited by got rush?
  • Like 3