Beyonce half-time show was pitiful!

treeduck

My wife and my kids all enjoy top 40, so I hear quite a bit of it around the house and in the car. Some of it is fine. Beyonce, however, is not my favorite performer. I think her vocal abilities are way overstated, and, I have to say, watching her dance is sometimes funny, because she looks so uncoordinated. (Mind you, I can't dance at all, but I don't get paid to do it, either). Put her voice up against the En Vogue ladies, even now, and she'd get blown away. She's attractive, but that too gets overstated IMO. Grace Potter has her beat in that area, and she plays her own music.

Frankly, Jennifer Hudson's voice is better than Beyonce's. Alicia Keyes is prettier, and more talented. I can't see why they get overshadowed by Beyonce, but they do.

En Vogue puts Destiny's Child to shame.

• Like 1

I gave the kids baths and put them to bed during half time. I guess I didn't miss much. :)

Damn dude we live the same life. The best part about the half time show was the slow camera pan focusing on her cooch...that's how it started...anybody else notice that too? My wife was like WTF...I suggested we change the station but told her we may miss history if we did, so it stayed on

My wife and my kids all enjoy top 40, so I hear quite a bit of it around the house and in the car. Some of it is fine. Beyonce, however, is not my favorite performer. I think her vocal abilities are way overstated, and, I have to say, watching her dance is sometimes funny, because she looks so uncoordinated. (Mind you, I can't dance at all, but I don't get paid to do it, either). Put her voice up against the En Vogue ladies, even now, and she'd get blown away. She's attractive, but that too gets overstated IMO. Grace Potter has her beat in that area, and she plays her own music.

Frankly, Jennifer Hudson's voice is better than Beyonce's. Alicia Keyes is prettier, and more talented. I can't see why they get overshadowed by Beyonce, but they do.

En Vogue was like 4 Mariah Careys (in her prime) and by that I mean 8 octave singers. Great stuff.

En Vogue was like 4 Mariah Careys (in her prime) and by that I mean 8 octave singers. Great stuff.

Dude...quite now before I'm forced to take your man card. ;)

If you don't see why a heterosexual male would like this, I'm taking yours away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFGWzkrhdSA

:D

• Like 1

Ok there was some tarts dancing around, that got my interest, but not the forgettable, mediocre R & B/pop. She's got a pretty weak voice too... :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

Ok there was some tarts dancing around, that got my interest, but not the forgettable, mediocre R & B/pop. She's got a pretty weak voice too... :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

That's sad because she pre-recorded her performance that day. (lip synced)

Dude!

I can't stand Beyonce as an artist! Horrible singer and having two daughters and a wife that likes that crap I have to hear it in the car to soccer tournaments on the weekends.

Saying that though I was absolutely blown away by her. SHE IS FUKKING HOT! Jay Z must be the luckiest guy on the earth. He's a multi-millionaire and is married to one of the mose beautiful women on the planet!

Destiny's Child has a new album coming out!! I can't wait! NOT!

http://i.imgur.com/V3Pm3zM.jpg

• Like 1

If you don't see why a heterosexual male would like this, I'm taking yours away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFGWzkrhdSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4jMvOn4m0

This video was my first taste of jungle fever. It's like 4 Jessica Rabbits come to life.

Why is she getting such high marks then? People on talk shows seem to think she did excellent. When she came on ..i got a snack and went to the bathroom as im not really into that kind of entertainment. :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

3 straight years of Kidz Bop approved top 40 crap :facepalm:

They need to bring back rock. It's turning into American Idol and MTV lately. The rate they're going, Bieber will soon perform. :banghead:

AC/DC would be perfect for half time.

If Justin Beiber ever plays the half time show at the Super Bowl, I am going to kick our Prime Minister right square in the balls. And, I'm not even kidding...

I missed it.

me too

I was bored after about 1 minute... :zzz:

Me, too...........and then I turned the channel...........until she had finished performing!!!!!!! :laughing guy:

Agree about Grace! She writes, plays, sings and is a million times better looking! Grace Potter and The Nocturnals are the real deal!
  • Like 1

she is one of the few talented pop singers out today.

But enough about the national anthem singer. Alicia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beyonce. Keys is an actual musician.

I always take issue with this statement. I'm not really a Beyonce fan but do know that she has been working at her craft since around the age of seven. Vocals are an instrument to me and I don't discount the effort it takes to be good at it.

she is one of the few talented pop singers out today.

But enough about the national anthem singer. Alicia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beyonce. Keys is an actual musician.

I always take issue with this statement. I'm not really a Beyonce fan but do know that she has been working at her craft since around the age of seven. Vocals are an instrument to me and I don't discount the effort it takes to be good at it.

More importantly she's prepared to show more thigh!! :drool:

This video was my first taste of jungle fever. It's like 4 Jessica Rabbits come to life.

I saw them live last year. they were awesome!

TBH she didn't actually 'sing' that much, lots of dancing and shouting into her mike over the backing track and singers. I think she actually sang for 15 percent of the performance which was, IMHO crap!

Now who mentioned AC/DC for the half time show? How awesome would that be, especially if they played Rosie!

3 straight years of Kidz Bop approved top 40 crap :facepalm:

They need to bring back rock. It's turning into American Idol and MTV lately. The rate they're going, Bieber will soon perform. :banghead:

AC/DC would be perfect for half time.

I totally agree, the last several half-time shows have sucked. Time to get a rock band back in there and get rid of the idiots who decide who will be the perfomers!