Your five least favorite songs ever?

KenJennings

At least a lot of these are songs; that is, something with at least a verse and a chorus - sometimes a bridge if you're lucky!

I can only name two, but they drive me nuts because of sheer musical laziness.

"In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans is an 8 bar melody repeated over and over (and over) that just modulates up to create any sort of musical tension or interest. Sung very earnestly by two guys in smoking jackets.

"In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry at least is 12 bars, a blues of sorts, but still goes nowhere fast. The "chorus" is the same as the verse but with "la-da-da's" instead of words. Then a old timey piano plays the same melody, and around and around we go. Kinda makes me queasy just thinking about it.

• Like 1

At least a lot of these are songs; that is, something with at least a verse and a chorus - sometimes a bridge if you're lucky!

I can only name two, but they drive me nuts because of sheer musical laziness.

"In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans is an 8 bar melody repeated over and over (and over) that just modulates up to create any sort of musical tension or interest. Sung very earnestly by two guys in smoking jackets.

"In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry at least is 12 bars, a blues of sorts, but still goes nowhere fast. The "chorus" is the same as the verse but with "la-da-da's" instead of words. Then a old timey piano plays the same melody, and around and around we go. Kinda makes me queasy just thinking about it.

In the Summertime definitely makes my list.
  • Like 1

1. Finally Getting Up From Rock Bottom- Farrah Abraham

2. Sexx Toyz- Brokencyde

3. Sexting- Blood On The Dance Floor

4. Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO

5. Baby- Justin Bieber

These sound awful. I am blissfully unaware of any of these behemoths of sound, with the exception of Master Bieber. I've heard of him, but not his "music".

I am 46 & have all my own teeth.

BOTDF and Brokencyde are part of a genre called "crunkcore" which takes all the annoying parts of deathcore, dubstep, and trap music and combines it together. Their lyrics are usually incredibly horrible and be nothing about sex described in the most crude fashion ever.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

2. Sexx Toyz- Brokencyde

5. Baby- Justin Bieber

These sound awful. I am blissfully unaware of any of these behemoths of sound, with the exception of Master Bieber. I've heard of him, but not his "music".

BOTDF and Brokencyde are part of a genre called "crunkcore" which takes all the annoying parts of deathcore, dubstep, and trap music and combines it together. Their lyrics are usually incredibly horrible and be nothing about sex described in the most crude fashion ever.

Like i said before, crunkcore is easily the worst genre of music ever. In fact, i think i'll start a "Worst subgenres" thread right now.
  • Like 1

2. Sexx Toyz- Brokencyde

5. Baby- Justin Bieber

Like i said before, crunkcore is easily the worst genre of music ever. In fact, i think i'll start a "Worst subgenres" thread right now.

Here it is!

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/100599-worst-subgenres-ever/

This will go over like a lead balloon, but Comfortably Numb would make my top five.

What!?

No kidding. It has not one, but TWO of the best guitar solos ever recorded.

ETA: I do get not caring for the subject matter.

Edited by goose

There's a shocking amount of awful music out there to be exposed to, I don't care to rank how much I hate each track.
  • Like 1

5. "Timber" (Ke$ha/Pitbull)

4. "Boom Boom Pow" (The Black-Eyed Peas)

3. "Just the Way You Are" (Bruno Mars—not Billy Joel!)

2. "All About That Bass" (Meghan Trainor)

1. "Baby" (Justin Bieber)

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

I hate all these!
  • Like 1

I hate all these!

That's the spirit! :cheers:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Blissfully unaware of 4 of these. My ears did pick up on Ms. Trainor's magnum opus, though. It vomited earwax for a month.

• Like 1

The problem with music today is that anyone who has a decent computer and a breakup story can get famous. I'm speaking hyperbolically, of course, but I'm sure you get the gist of it. I can't think of one current mainstream artist worth listening to whose name isn't Adele or Lady Gaga, and even they lose my interest pretty quickly. I love Muse, but aside from Uprising I never hear anything from them on the radio, so does that count as mainstream?
  • Like 1

I'm sure there are others that I have yet to hear but here are mine:

1. Ooooh Child - The Five Stairsteps ( This song has haunted me since the '70s )

2. Safety Dance - Men Without Hats

3. Afternoon Delight - The Starland Vocal Band

4. Muskrat Love - The Captain and Tennille

5. Kanye West, Jay-Z, Big Sean - Clique ( What garbage ) < ------- This should be on everyone's list

http://youtu.be/FbeggfRBbds

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

No particular order.

Dude(Looks Like A Lady) - Aerosmith

Ironic - Alanis Morrisette

No - Meghan Trainor

I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight - Cutting Crew

Any Top 40 Song

• Like 1

"Muskrat Love" is a soft rock song written by Willis Alan Ramsey. The song depicts a romantic liaison between two anthropomorphic muskrats named Susie and Sam. It was first recorded in 1972 by Ramsey himself for his sole album release Willis Alan Ramsey. The song was originally titled "Muskrat Candlelight" referencing the song's opening lyric. A 1973 cover version by the rock band America—retitled "Muskrat Love" for the lyrics that close the chorus—was a minor hit reaching number 67 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. In 1976, a cover by pop music duo Captain & Tennille resulted in the song's highest profile, peaking at number four on the Hot 100 chart. It also reached number two on the Cash Box chart, which ranked it as the 30th biggest hit of 1976
  • Like 2