Your five least favorite songs ever?

KenJennings

How can one not like the beatles or stones? That is just......unsettling.

boring. vocals are terrible. music isn't interesting or catchy. just not my cup of tea.

and besides a few people, like Jerry Lee Lewis, I really don't like any music released before the 70's.

You think the Beatles' vocals are terrible?

Not interesting? Here's one of my favorite relatively obscure Beatles tracks. What do you think Liddy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ps1icvHTkk

That's the song you wanna go with?

Love it. By the late 60s George had really become a great, and underappreciated, songwriter.

She's saying she finds the Beatles boring. I'm guessing she's familiar with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds or Get Back. So I went with something I personally like, but people who aren't Beatle fans may never have heard.

Of course I'm basing my opinion on things I've heard. Yes, that includes the "hits", but I've also heard some other stuff and it just doesn't excite me. I've even heard some Wings stuff and didn't dig it.

Stones are way worse, IMO. Jagger is just, ugh. I've heard his song Charmed Life on more than one occasion, so yeah... :LOL:

I'm sure I like stuff that people don't like or don't "get". Lindsey Buckingham is a genius to me, but I'm sure others are like "wtf". I just like what I like. Can't explain it! haha :)

As Rush fans I'm sure you all can understand that.

I can only think of two songs that I particularly hate more than anything else:

The Beatles' "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", topped only by The Jackson 5's "ABC".

Why those 2 songs? Well, lets start with how dreadfully bland they both are musically and lyrically. I do understand that The Beatles were the most important rock band of all time, and that this song is what put them on the map, but I mean come on, my cat screeching for food is more pleasant and musically engaging than this crap. The lyrics? Talk about the most by-the-numbers, safe, adolescent, babbling I've ever heard. ABC is even worse! The lyrics are even more childish and horrible. One could make the argument that since the Jackson's were kids, it's understandable that their music would be childish. I call bull, because the song was written by a bunch of creepy suits that were just trying to cash in the kids.

Next lets explore how terribly overplayed these two monstrosities are. The radio station at my work plays each of these songs 4 times a day. I'm not kidding.

Awful, awful, awful in every regard. These 2 songs represent the exact opposite of everything that I believe music should be. If I never hear those two sacks of bovine excrement again, it will be too soon.

Edited by Dscrapre

I can only think of two songs that I particularly hate more than anything else:

The Beatles' "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", topped only by The Jackson 5's "ABC".

Why those 2 songs? Well, lets start with how dreadfully bland they both are musically and lyrically. I do understand that The Beatles were the most important rock band of all time, and that this song is what put them on the map, but I mean come on, my cat screeching for food is more pleasant and musically engaging than this crap. The lyrics? Talk about the most by-the-numbers, safe, adolescent, babbling I've ever heard. ABC is even worse! The lyrics are even more childish and horrible. One could make the argument that since the Jackson's were kids, it's understandable that their music would be childish. I call bull, because the song was written by a bunch of creepy suits that were just trying to cash in the kids.

Next lets explore how terribly overplayed these two monstrosities are. The radio station at my work plays each of these songs 4 times a day. I'm not kidding.

Awful, awful, awful in every regard. These 2 songs represent the exact opposite of everything that I believe music should be. If I never hear those two sacks of bovine excrement again, it will be too soon.

2 great tunes. The opening to bars to I Wanna Hold Your Hand still thrill the bejesus out of me.

Of course I'm basing my opinion on things I've heard. Yes, that includes the "hits", but I've also heard some other stuff and it just doesn't excite me. I've even heard some Wings stuff and didn't dig it.

Stones are way worse, IMO. Jagger is just, ugh. I've heard his song Charmed Life on more than one occasion, so yeah... :LOL:

I'm sure I like stuff that people don't like or don't "get". Lindsey Buckingham is a genius to me, but I'm sure others are like "wtf". I just like what I like. Can't explain it! haha :)

Lindsey is a genius. So were the Beatles. And the Stones. As a Rush fan, I can't understand how you don't like them. But each to his/her own.

How can one not like the beatles or stones? That is just......unsettling.

boring. vocals are terrible. music isn't interesting or catchy. just not my cup of tea.

and besides a few people, like Jerry Lee Lewis, I really don't like any music released before the 70's.

I'm a big Stones fan and even I agree that Mick isn't that good of a singer really. I think even Mick and Keith have admitted that before. Mick does have some great power in his voice which makes up for any lack of technical ablility. But musically the Stones material doesn't require someone who is a great singer. They just need someone to sing along to their blues based rock and give the songs some attitude and that's exactly what Mick has done for 50 years.

Not sure why you don't like The Beatles vocally? They have some of the best vocal harmonies of all time. As far as both bands not having catchy songs, there have never been two bands better when it comes to writing catchy rock singles than The Beatles and Stones. Hell, the Stones are still doing that now.

Lindsey is a genius. So were the Beatles. And the Stones. As a Rush fan, I can't understand how you don't like them. But each to his/her own.

I got see Lindsey live and was just blown away...what a great guitarist. He and Nick's really made Fleetwood Mac.

Huey Lewis and the News - Hip to Be Square

Huey Lewis and the News - Workin' for a Livin'

Huey Lewis and the News - If This Is It

Huey Lewis and the News - The Power of Love

Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart of Rock & Roll

You forgot one - I Want a New Drug

You forgot the remake of "Cruisin' Together" with Ms. Gwynneth Paltrow Martin....another pukemobile...

The beatles were amazing and will always be amazing...if you don't like the Beatle's something is wrong with you

It's a "hipster" complex... Ignore it, let it pass... Like quite a lot of bands, they (the beatles) may not seem to be as great as they're made out to be... But they're still great.

Not so much particular songs, but styles, singer's etc.

Celine Dion? Ow, my ears! My yowling cats (RIP) had better sounding voices.

All of the mindless sounding pop vocals of the last 10 years

Having been born in Detroit and raised listening to Old School Motown, nearly ALL Motown covers by white people. Got to give it up, honkies,

Rap and hip-hop

ANYTHING Disco-blech! (anyone remember Brand X's "Disco Suicide? Classic)

Not so much particular songs, but styles, singer's etc.

Celine Dion? Ow, my ears! My yowling cats (RIP) had better sounding voices.

All of the mindless sounding pop vocals of the last 10 years

Having been born in Detroit and raised listening to Old School Motown, nearly ALL Motown covers by white people. Got to give it up, honkies,

Rap and hip-hop

ANYTHING Disco-blech! (anyone remember Brand X's "Disco Suicide? Classic)

That's a mighty wide swath you're cuttin' there.

And welcome!

Breaking The Law - Judas Priest (probably the second campest song I know)

Hell Bent For Leather - Judas Priest (probably the campest song I know)

Living After Midnight - Judas Priest (the 3rd...you get the picture)

Benny The Bouncer - ELP

Hold On - Kansas

There's lots of ass in my choices...

Benny The Bouncer - ELP

Hold On - Kansas

So you don't like Priest?

There's obviously way worse songs than these.

• Like 1

I understand the hatred for commercial Priest. I couldn't believe their turnaround with SFV and DotF. Then it was back to disappointment again with what was to follow :facepalm:

Benny The Bouncer - ELP

Hold On - Kansas

But not as embarrassing.

Benny The Bouncer - ELP

Hold On - Kansas

But not as embarrassing.

Yeah there's many more embarrassing songs like say Styx's Babe and Mr Roboto? You seem to know a lot about Styx, you use them a lot for comparison on your prog archive reviews, comparing them to bands like Genesis, Magnum and Zon and anyway we know you have have more gay leather outfits than Halford and his army of YMCA bikers put together! :hail:

Edited by treeduck

I LOVE THESE!!! I love most JP tracks though. Hell Bent For Leather rocks. Camper than a row of tents. WOOHOO!!! I'm FREE!

4 Non Blonds- What's Going On

Sweet baby Jesus, this is it. The worst song of all time. I buried it deep in my mind to forget about it, but there it is. I feel like just mentioning it will awaken the Old Ones. RIP everyone.

• Like 1