Etess Arena in Atlantic City. How bad is it?

djfunkywill

I posted this in the AC pre-show meetup thread but does anyone have the scoop on parking? I'm panicking because I need to get from MA to NJ by showtime (a 5-hour drive, at the very least) on the 11th and I'll need to put my car somewhere before I run to the arena. Any help?

Thanks for the help, guys, you ease my strain a bit :)

Anyone looking for a last minute seat, I have one row 2, sec 104. I paid $700, but I'm willing to take a bit of a bath on reselling it, so make me a half-decent offer, and it's probably yours. I am attending the show, so no worries about the mail, I can personally exchange the ticket and money on show day (it's a hard ticket, so I can't email it). Feel free to PM me here. The ticket is currently on stubhub, so let me know ASAP, and I can end the listing there.

Never been to the Etess.

Looks like a small venue.

I'll just think of it like the boys are playing my garage.

SInce I don't have a garage I will think of it as them playing in my living room. :cool:

Well, I was Section P, row H and the seats were awesome...show was great...very visual...good sound...who else enjoyed the show? Just got home from the Taj.

I loved it. 102 row 2.

The place is so small it feels like they were playing in a living room. The sound was great. The energy from the crowd wsas great. And everything is so close to your seat and accessable (ie bathrooms, beer, outside). The venue is so chill. The staff was so chill. Probably the most relaxing environmant I have ever seen a show at.

I would definitely see other shows there.

Yeah, the staff were pretty good, lthough very tight about trying to keep people in their correct seats by us, and not let people wander up and park themselves close to the front row (I was on the inner aisle of 104, row 2). But they were pretty polite about their job, and responded to my brother's view problem with only a polite request needed from us, and they got right on it and fixed the issue.

I was so surprised that my seats were so awesome!!! Even though I was off to the far left in section 105, row 15 at the end of the row, I had an amazing view! It wasn't really all that far as I'd thought it would be. That was my first time ever on the floor level of a rush concert, and I don't think I'm ever going back to the bleachers! The energy down there was so awesome! That was my second time seeing the guys and it still is not enough! :drool: The venue was awesome, the only small, minor complaint I had was with parking... It took us nearly 15 mins to find a spot in the garage, but I guess that is what you get when you get there an hour before showtime. We would have been there earlier if a friggin' monsoon hadn't hit us on the Parkway lol... Force Ten was really appropriate at that point :D Oh and I want to say thank you to all those awesome people that I had the privilege of meeting all around me who put up with my singing throughout the entire concert. I was so excited last night, especially when they played the alternate set to the Philly show back in October with a few extra surprises. :) It was one of the greatest nights of my life... Edited by pfrushfan0122

A few points/opinions about the Atlantic City show...

• Etess Arena is a good place to see a show. Not sure about those seats way off to the sides but I was close to the top in the back, yet still closer than my seats at the D.C. (Bristow) show that were directly behind VIP (about halfway up the pavillion). The sound here also beat the hell out of the outdoor venue in September. Maybe it's just the difference between an indoor show and outdoor?

• This is my first time seeing the band twice on the same tour but they have so much more energy than when I saw them in September. The intensity from the band and the crowd was tremendous. I've heard they pick up momentum during their tours and this seems to ring true.

• After catching a shirt from Neil's cannon last time I was waiting for encore time to see if luck would be on my side again. He hit the light rigging above the stage on both his shots! Both shirts fell to the stage to be tossed onto the crowd by the road crew a few moments later. You would think he'd be good at it by now.

• I understand the guys are tired of playing Tom Sawyer but it really seems to show. The band lumbered through it like it was a chore. Minimal movement or intensity during this song. The crowd still seemed to love it.

Two things—first, Neil did manage to get at least one really good shot off with the air cannon, and I watched two shirts sail way out to the back of the floor. Second, Alex was having a lot of fun during Tom Sawyer (I was standing right in front of him), lip synching the "today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you" and miming taking a hit off a joint (both times it came up in the song). He was hysterical throughout the encore actually, especially during 2112. He had Neil (and me) cracking up.

Two things—first, Neil did manage to get at least one really good shot off with the air cannon, and I watched two shirts sail way out to the back of the floor. Second, Alex was having a lot of fun during Tom Sawyer (I was standing right in front of him), lip synching the "today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you" and miming taking a hit off a joint (both times it came up in the song). He was hysterical throughout the encore actually, especially during 2112. He had Neil (and me) cracking up.

Video of Alex doing said action :P