Name 10 Rush songs Geddy should never sing live again

I Dont Care. I want to hear Hemispheres side 1.

That would be awesome, but it would be hard to watch because of his voice. Man, remember when they did prelude? It was so awesome...there's a link to that somewhere on this board...try to find it for you...could be on tour bootleg videos

I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I remember watching this on YouTube a few months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyTkLX6Zi8E

Damn, I don't care what Geddy sounds like this was awesome AND WE NEED TO HEAR IT AGAIN!

That would be awesome, but it would be hard to watch because of his voice. Man, remember when they did prelude? It was so awesome...there's a link to that somewhere on this board...try to find it for you...could be on tour bootleg videos

I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I remember watching this on YouTube a few months ago:

Damn, I don't care what Geddy sounds like this was awesome AND WE NEED TO HEAR IT AGAIN!

You are correct, sir! One more time, and with Xanadu!! :haz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8guOkBsa9SQ&feature=player_embedded

• Like 1

he sounded great on the time machine tour at my show, and the CA shows show that the man can still sing

I agree. One reason he sounds so great are the songs they chose. Personally I loved ALL the PoW stuff
  • Like 1

he sounded great on the time machine tour at my show, and the CA shows show that the man can still sing

I agree. One reason he sounds so great are the songs they chose. Personally I loved ALL the PoW stuff

Geddy is no fool. The Time Machine setlist was rather ambitious vocally, and of all people, he had to be the first to notice the strain, considering he's the dude doing it every night - lol.

Still, it was a valient effort and far from disasterous. It's just a shame they didn't catch a better show on DVD.

Having said that, one of the most impressive things about the Clockwork setlist is the choice of songs with regards to his vocals.

He really shines on this tour.

Bravo, Geddy!

• Like 3

btw - I dont get the hate for Freewill on the last tour. The "each of us" passage was a consitent showstopper and a "wow" moment every show I saw - and even on the DVD.

Is it flawless? No - but pretty close - and a fun, albiet brief throwback to the days of old.

• Like 2

I've had enough of listening to him struggle with certain songs live....don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort. Its hard for me knowing he could just do a different song and sound much more comfy. I also don't want him to shred his cords...he's got a lot of music to write in the future for us....hopefully!

I love the older stuff but I just don't think Geddy should sing them. Geddy actually said he has songs that he won't sing no matter how much the fans want to hear them (no offense to the fans). I think the reason why he won't sing them is because he really can't.
  • Like 1

I want him to sing all older material.

he doesn't have to hit the high notes for me to be happy. I wouldn't mind him singing in a different register just so I could hear the amazing old music finally being played again. Skipping high notes but still playing those old tracks would be fine by me. A lot of old timers can't hit those notes and change the voice but if the music still kicks ass then who cares.

10. Superconductor

9. Scars

8. Faithless

7. Spindrift

6. Here Again

5. Turn the Page

4. Peaceable Kingdom

3. The Way the Wind Blows

2. High Water

1. Tai Shan

• Like 1

I'm divided on this question. On the one hand, the Hemispheres song means so much to me that to hear at least the Prelude live is my single greatest wish for a Rush concert. Seriously, if I was at a Rush gig and those first chords rang out I think I would weep! On the other hand, there were almost twenty fewer years on the man's voice when that clip was recorded, and as much as I love and adore what Geddy does as a singer even I cannot defend the vocal performance in that clip.

My idea for Hemispheres live is a condensed instrumental arrangement.

• Like 1

I'm divided on this question. On the one hand, the Hemispheres song means so much to me that to hear at least the Prelude live is my single greatest wish for a Rush concert. Seriously, if I was at a Rush gig and those first chords rang out I think I would weep! On the other hand, there were almost twenty fewer years on the man's voice when that clip was recorded, and as much as I love and adore what Geddy does as a singer even I cannot defend the vocal performance in that clip.

My idea for Hemispheres live is a condensed instrumental arrangement.

At least we have that clip...not perfect by any stretch, but sounded damn good when I saw them in Indianapolis that year. I'd love for them to release some Hemisphere's tour stuff...you know they've got it.

Makes me so grateful for Clockwork Angels because in my mind it's old school Rush.

Lakeside Park, Best I Can, Rivendell, Fly By Night, Circumstances, Finding my Way, Beneath, Between, and Behind.

All are a bit too high for him to sing :P

also shouldnt sing Dog Years. Wouldnt want to hear that one live!

^^^This. But keep those instrumental jams, that shit rocks.

I really cannot understand why anyone would want any song removed from the set list because of the high notes required to sing them.

Rush would not be Rush without Geddy Lee.

He sounded great live when he was here. Not on just some songs, but all the songs. The Snakes & Arrows DVD is great, so is R-30. He sounds just fine to me. Not the same, but still fine and in some cases he sounds better!

Geddy Lees voice has been an issue of controversy since the inception of Rush. if you don't like his voice, you might as well find another favorite band. Geddy Lee is Rush and Rush is Geddy Lee.

• Like 2

I really cannot understand why anyone would want any song removed from the set list because of the high notes required to sing them.

Rush would not be Rush without Geddy Lee.

He sounded great live when he was here. Not on just some songs, but all the songs. The Snakes & Arrows DVD is great, so is R-30. He sounds just fine to me. Not the same, but still fine and in some cases he sounds better!

Geddy Lees voice has been an issue of controversy since the inception of Rush. if you don't like his voice, you might as well find another favorite band. Geddy Lee is Rush and Rush is Geddy Lee.

welcome to the Rush Forum...you'll find entertaining and instructive!

Thanks Tombstone. I would have introduced myself properly had this forum had an introduction thread. So thanks and I look forward.
  • Like 1

1.YYZ

2. Where's My Thing

3. La Villa Strangiato

4. Leave That Thing Alone

5. Limbo

6. Hope

7. Malignant Narcissism

8. Broon's Bane

That's the best list on this entire posting.

• Like 2