2013 - 05/11 - Atlantic City - Etess Arena

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about your headlong flights... We live 30 miles north of Boston. On Thursday we drove south for the Mohegan Sun show, stayed over night and drove back home on Friday. My wife went to work in the afternoon but I had the day off. At a little before 5:00 my wife asked me if I wanted to go to the Atlantic City show. I thought she was kidding, but I started figuring out the logistics. Turns out she wasn't kidding and by 6:00 we were back on the road. We checked into a hotel at about 1:00am and bought tickets through a resell site (putting ethics aside in favor of idiotic non-planning and impulsiveness) and now we will be there in the 9th row.

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Talk about your headlong flights... We live 30 miles north of Boston. On Thursday we drove south for the Mohegan Sun show, stayed over night and drove back home on Friday. My wife went to work in the afternoon but I had the day off. At a little before 5:00 my wife asked me if I wanted to go to the Atlantic City show. I thought she was kidding, but I started figuring out the logistics. Turns out she wasn't kidding and by 6:00 we were back on the road. We checked into a hotel at about 1:00am and bought tickets through a resell site (putting ethics aside in favor of idiotic non-planning and impulsiveness) and now we will be there in the 9th row.

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Good wife

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Good wife

The best!

this show was in my top 5 all time Rush shows. Was great to meet you and your husband. Glad you got the pick. One of those damn shirts hit me in the head and landed next to another guy it was too late before I saw it lol.

No Body electric grrr lol. God damn bravado lol

AC staff were great in relocating me and my buddy due to his busted ankle. Ended up in section 103 with no one on our row, right in front of the soundboard. Perfect

This was by far my most favorite concert yet! I loved the small venue and the seats that I got through the pre-sale.

Did anyone else notice Geddy's keyboard go out a few seconds into Subdivisions? I swear I only heard guitar and drums for a short period of time.

Got one of Alex's picks! So damn happy!

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did.

Cheers,

Frippy

I was thrown a pick too but it fell on the floor, and while I went down to find it, the guy next to me reach down and literally swiped it from under my shoe. It was sticking out from under my heel. It took a lot of restraint to be nice about it, but I did half jokingly tell him he stole my pick. He did let me take a look at it, but I was maganimous enough to not just keep it and scold him for making a sleazy move like that.

I didn't hear any trainwrecks at all. I did hear a few glitches, like the synth, Neil dropping a stick in territories, and a few times Alex's rig was lagging in switching between guitar sounds, which screwed up a couple of transitions, but no major "everyone is on a different beat" moments, more gear malfunction than anything. They played great actually, and I was right up front, able to see everything going on. That was one hell of a show. Neil, Stick-drop moment aside did some really mind-blowing fills that i never heard him do before. Custom55 gets the big prize for doing me the solid of the year and selling me my seat for no profit.

Here's my photo album on Facebook—much more came out at least half decent than from MD.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201261490805782.1073741828.1427244457&type=1

Awesome show last night. Big big thanks to TheHonestMan Frank for selling me the pair of 5th row tix on Geddy's side for me and my wife at a discounted price. He knew that I've been out of work and my budget was tight, so that was extremely generous of him. You are awesome Frank, I can't thank you enough. That's why Rush fans are the greatest.

Got one of Alex's picks! So damn happy!

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did.

Cheers,

Frippy

I was thrown a pick too but it fell on the floor, and while I went down to find it, the guy next to me reach down and literally swiped it from under my shoe. It was sticking out from under my heel. It took a lot of restraint to be nice about it, but I did half jokingly tell him he stole my pick. He did let me take a look at it, but I was maganimous enough to not just keep it and scold him for making a sleazy move like that.

I didn't hear any trainwrecks at all. I did hear a few glitches, like the synth, Neil dropping a stick in territories, and a few times Alex's rig was lagging in switching between guitar sounds, which screwed up a couple of transitions, but no major "everyone is on a different beat" moments, more gear malfunction than anything. They played great actually, and I was right up front, able to see everything going on. That was one hell of a show. Neil, Stick-drop moment aside did some really mind-blowing fills that i never heard him do before. Custom55 gets the big prize for doing me the solid of the year and selling me my seat for no profit.

Here's my photo album on Facebook—much more came out at least half decent than from MD.

https://www.facebook...27244457&type=1

WOW... I've seen Rush many times in their early years (1977-1997) so this was my first time since 1997. Great Great show. Dan, I agree... sleazy move on the pick.

This show was fantastic. It was totally worth the spontaneous seven hour drive in the middle of the night.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7285/8733009713_b7234a396f_z.jpg

This show was "ELECTRIC". The sound was so clear vs Mohegan Sun on Thursday. I had 3rd row to Alex's right....Saturday night vibe - it had to be the quickest 3 hours of my life. Just an awesome show !

Were you in 105? We were 3rd row seats 5 & 6 on the end. Seats 3 & 4 were empty next to us. If you were in Section 104 you had a great view!

Cheers,

frippy

I was in Section 104; loved the view. This was the first time I didn't have to rely on the screens to see but could actually see all three of them close enough from my seats. I definitely will come here again if Rush comes around on their next tour.

Anyone else have trouble parking that night? There was an accident right in front of the Taj that made it a little hectic for me to park.

This show was "ELECTRIC". The sound was so clear vs Mohegan Sun on Thursday. I had 3rd row to Alex's right....Saturday night vibe - it had to be the quickest 3 hours of my life. Just an awesome show !

Were you in 105? We were 3rd row seats 5 & 6 on the end. Seats 3 & 4 were empty next to us. If you were in Section 104 you had a great view!

Cheers,

frippy

I was in Sect 104 - Seat 12.....Man did they ROCK THE HOUSE that night !

Cheers,

frippy

I too was in section 104, row 4, seats 11 & 12...they were crazy good that night!!!

Cheers,

frippy

I too was in section 104, row 4, seats 11 & 12...they were crazy good that night!!!

Hey I recognize you - you were right behind me - I was wearing the T-Shirt I caught from Alex @ Boston Garden - it read

"My Car Goes Fast" on the back.

Cheers,

frippy

Hey I recognize you - you were right behind me - I was wearing the T-Shirt I caught from Alex @ Boston Garden - it read

"My Car Goes Fast" on the back.

Ahh yes, the shirt I have on in my profile picture was the same shirt I was wearing that night. Nice to meet ya!!! I wish I could have caught the shirt you had on though... :( Oh well, it was a great show and here is to looking forward to seeing them in Saratoga & Hershey!!! :rush:

Archived