2013 - 05/03 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was sitting next to this aging hippy who apparently though it was Phish and not Rush. Seriously pal, there are too many differences to list; one worth mentioning, however, is that Rush's fans have a passing familiarity with soap and how to use it. Bad BO, really really bad.

Thought the show was GREAT! Had seats at the corner of the stage, but it gave me a GREAT vantage point to see what Neil was doing - and as a drummer that was the highlight for me. I probably watched him 75% of the time. I saw them in Charlotte in the fall, so I knew what to expect - but watching Alex and Neil was great.

I've always thought the audio in PNC has been good, and that didn't change after this show. Heard everything clear as a bell. Even the 2 drunk idiots who screamed and yelled the enire show - even during Alex's acoustic solo. Seriously - why pay $100 for a concert that you won't even remember? For me - Rush is a dry show (ok - had 1 beer - that's only because Friday was hellacious at work). What was even better - I had 2112 playing for the drive home. By the time I pulled into my driveway, Grand Finale was ending. Took me exactly 20 minutes to go from starting my car to pulling into my driveway - LOVE IT!

If I was still in Cary, I would have been home in about 5 to 10 minutes! Can't wait to move back there next year.

We stayed in Cary. I didn't expect it to be that hilly, but my walk was a good one. Nice houses and yards where I walked. Very cool temps. We went to the Raulston Arboretum, at NCSU, on Saturday, which was tops. A brochure I picked up in the hotel said all the museums in the area are free. When I go back to Raleigh, in September, for Iron Maiden, I'll be on vacation, so I want to see one or two of them. It looked like the Natural History Museum had dinosaurs....AWESOME!!!

We stayed in Cary. I didn't expect it to be that hilly, but my walk was a good one. Nice houses and yards where I walked. Very cool temps. We went to the Raulston Arboretum, at NCSU, on Saturday, which was tops. A brochure I picked up in the hotel said all the museums in the area are free. When I go back to Raleigh, in September, for Iron Maiden, I'll be on vacation, so I want to see one or two of them. It looked like the Natural History Museum had dinosaurs....AWESOME!!!

Don't you live in the Raleigh area someplace? If you into downtown Raleigh, around New Bern Avenue, its like a roller coaster ride. They filmed part of Iron Man 3 in Cary. I saw Rush at Reynold's Coliseum, on NC State's campus, on the HYF tour. Yeah the museums are paid with tax dollars. I visited the Natural Science Museum last summer. They built an addition which includes a large globe. The NC Museum of Art is good to visit including the large sculpture garden in the back of the original building. There are trails back there where you'll see bikers and runners and leads to Meredith college. God, I miss home!

Archived