2013 - 05/03 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

Well........Once I get back from the RRHOF ceremony :haz:I'll start getting things organized. I have a Grill, a few chairs, table and some coolers. I'd say we keep it to a bunch of grilled items and we can post what we will bring food wise.......everyone should provide their own beverages. Sound like a plan?

:laughing guy: Yeah, we definitely need to bring our own beverages. I only have one extra camping chair, but I always bring it, plus a table. I hope I will be able to do this with y'all.

Is your grill propane or charcoal? If it is propane, perhaps I can bring a bottle. Who is going to cook? You won't have to work hard to satisfy me...I like my steak medium rare(140 degrees F in the middle)...yes!!!!! I am getting excited about this show.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo let the A or B setlist guessing game begin.....looks like from a couple of other threads we will be "B" but who knows???

Fun to try and guess though!!

In for tailgating as well, and am certainly happy to contribute a side dish or dessert or 2.

As for the setlist: I don't much care, because Atlanta got one of the "none of the above" versions last year with Limelight rather than Middletown Dreams or Manhattan Project. I've got plenty of love for Limelight but REALLY wanted something from the vault.

^^^^^^ Did you just quit smoking? Congratulations!!! Keep it up, you are past the hardest part. I quit 22 years ago, one of the best things I have ever done and I was good at it, 3 packs a day.

See you there.

I saw the A show on the first leg so I am hoping for B or the alternate.

I have organized/co-organized the tailgate for the Jiffy Lube Live (formerly known as Nissan Pavillion) the last 3 tours. What has always worked well for us is that we meet at a grocery store parking lot just over a mile from the venue about 15-20 minutes before the lot opens up. Works great as people can get last minute grilling supplies, ice, drinks, etc.... We then Caravan together into the show so that we all end up parking together.

Being out of town, I don't know where a good meeting spot might be for Raleigh. I believe many of you might be at the same hotel near the venue. Could be a good meeting spot.

I have organized/co-organized the tailgate for the Jiffy Lube Live (formerly known as Nissan Pavillion) the last 3 tours. What has always worked well for us is that we meet at a grocery store parking lot just over a mile from the venue about 15-20 minutes before the lot opens up. Works great as people can get last minute grilling supplies, ice, drinks, etc.... We then Caravan together into the show so that we all end up parking together.

Being out of town, I don't know where a good meeting spot might be for Raleigh. I believe many of you might be at the same hotel near the venue. Could be a good meeting spot.

Yes, I was thinking about this. We're at a hotel a little farther away that the closest hotel, so maybe we can meet at the closest hotel, if we're going to cook together.

Just my $.02 worth here: this doesn't have to be anything "official" or grandiose; it can be really informal. We just should bring our stuff and put it together and see what happens!!! We need to figure out how many of us there are going to be. And, of course, we can cook a little extra for some other fans, as well, if y'all want. We've got quite a bit of a drive to get there, but I hope we can fellowship and eat before the show.

Yes, I was thinking about this. We're at a hotel a little farther away that the closest hotel, so maybe we can meet at the closest hotel, if we're going to cook together.

Just my $.02 worth here: this doesn't have to be anything "official" or grandiose; it can be really informal. We just should bring our stuff and put it together and see what happens!!! We need to figure out how many of us there are going to be. And, of course, we can cook a little extra for some other fans, as well, if y'all want. We've got quite a bit of a drive to get there, but I hope we can fellowship and eat before the show.

Rooster, I think you're at the same hotel as me & my husband. A couple of miles from the venue, one of the suites hotels (can't quite remember the name offhand). We have a good 6 hour drive - trying to get in around 3:00 or so.

Where is the chef??....he said he would kinda stear the ship once he got back from RRHOF. Sounded like he had most of the stuff we needed and did a good bit of tailgating at the arena.

I am open to whatever everyone else would like to do but I am local so have more flexiblity. My son gets out of school at 2:30 and we are open after that.

Rooster, I think you're at the same hotel as me & my husband. A couple of miles from the venue, one of the suites hotels (can't quite remember the name offhand). We have a good 6 hour drive - trying to get in around 3:00 or so.

Same here, basically. My wife isn't a morning person, and we'll be lucky to be at the hotel by 3pm, to be blunt. It's 280 miles from my house and I ain't going thru Charlotte. Y'all can have I-85....I get enough of it in the big truck. But, we'll see y'all there. Plz be careful....perfectly laid back southerners suddenly become the biggest a-holes when they get behind the wheel anymore....be safe.

I am so jealous of you folks. This is why I can't wait to get back to Raleigh after school is done. Should be back next year. When I lived in Cary, I was just a five minute drive from (what is now) the PNC Center. I remember hoping they were going to play there during the Snakes and Arrows tour but they played Walnut Creek Pavilion instead.

The one thing about PNC Arena is that it's not really close to good eateries because you're not downtown, but it helps getting out of the parking lot much easier. Before Snakes and Arrows show, I ate in downtown raleigh before driving to Walnut Creek (not sure of the name of the venue since it keeps changing). I remember the band came on late (which I found out later because Neil and Michael Mosbach were stopped by police for wreckless driving).

On that note, if you're coming up from the Charlotte area on I-85 and I-40 make sure you observe the speeding limit, because highway patrol is at every corner just waiting to ticket you.

A few other places near PNC (formerly RBC Center) that are quick, cheap and good - Char-Grill! In my opinion best burgers in Raleigh! There is one at the corner of Blue Ridge Rd and Creedmoor Rd. Pretty much a straight shot to the arena after that. I'll probably stop there on my way from the office.

Also - if anyone's staying Downtown Raleigh - lots of great places: I would recommend "The Pit" - Fantastic BBQ, and if you're there for lunch, and want REAL EAstern style NC BBQ - gotta try Cooper's. But Vic's is great downtown as well. Big Easy is pretty good, and there's a british style pub on Fayetteville St - just beside the WTVD News Center (can't recall the name of it though) - don't get downtown as much now that I work in N. Raleigh and live in Cary.

If you're in Cary - lots of places to eat and stay near Cross Roads. About a 5-10 minute drive to PNC. Would recommend Remington Grill, Dickey's BBQ, Crazy Fire.

Backyard Bistro - right across from PNC and Carter Finley Stadium (football) is really good as well.

Welcome to everyone from out of town! Safe travels! Weather should be low 70's for highs, and we're getting rain, so what little pollen is around will be washed away!

Please chime in if anyone has conflicting (or additional) information:

Saw no indication that parking was part of the ticket price like it is at other venues. PNC website indicated that parking is typically $10 but can change. Website also indicated that charcoal cooking is indeed permitted (but obviously everything needs to be extinguished before getting into the show). Website mentioned that lots typically open 3 hours before the event, meaning that we could get in at 4:30.

A few other places near PNC (formerly RBC Center) that are quick, cheap and good - Char-Grill! In my opinion best burgers in Raleigh! There is one at the corner of Blue Ridge Rd and Creedmoor Rd. Pretty much a straight shot to the arena after that. I'll probably stop there on my way from the office.

Also - if anyone's staying Downtown Raleigh - lots of great places: I would recommend "The Pit" - Fantastic BBQ, and if you're there for lunch, and want REAL EAstern style NC BBQ - gotta try Cooper's. But Vic's is great downtown as well. Big Easy is pretty good, and there's a british style pub on Fayetteville St - just beside the WTVD News Center (can't recall the name of it though) - don't get downtown as much now that I work in N. Raleigh and live in Cary.

If you're in Cary - lots of places to eat and stay near Cross Roads. About a 5-10 minute drive to PNC. Would recommend Remington Grill, Dickey's BBQ, Crazy Fire.

Backyard Bistro - right across from PNC and Carter Finley Stadium (football) is really good as well.

Welcome to everyone from out of town! Safe travels! Weather should be low 70's for highs, and we're getting rain, so what little pollen is around will be washed away!

Definitely "Crazy Fire" or "Vics". The English pub you're referring to is "The Oxford".

Hi Everyone

I have two tickets to the Raleigh show that I'm looking to sell. I originally bought four tickets and our two friends can't make it now. The two tickets are located on the Floor in section 3, Row 22. I'd be looking to get $116 each (original cost) for the tickets. Let me know if anyone is interested!

We also live in downtown Raleigh, so let me know if anyone needs recommendations on places to eat before the show.

And maybe we'll try to find the tailgate party before the show. It would be great to meet y'all!

Thanks and cannot wait until tomorrow!

Madi

I am going to bring my little charcoal grill and some hamburger meat and stuff to make a salad. I know some people don't like red meat, but if you, I probably have enough to make 8 burgers. Let me know if you'd like one!!! Nothing fancy, and I ain't Emeril LaGasse. You'll know how we are, because we'll be in a red pickup truck and we'll be sporting our Gamecocks merchandise. See you there and please be careful traveling.

Looking to meet up for some preconcert beer. Also looking for a single ticket.

Aikenrooster - agreed! We thought the show was great! Except for the obnoxious drunk guys in front of us and the woman who sat and played solitare through the entire show. Oh well - we at least had a great time. Hopefully they will come back to Raleigh next time....

By the way, it looked like the arena was close to capacity. Does anyone know if the show sold out?

Archived