2013 - 05/01 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena

My husband and I are going to the Nashville concert and wanted to know where is the best and closest place to park? I have tried to get passes to park in the Bridgestone arena but I cannot find any tickets to purchase. This will be my first Rush concert and I am very excited! My husband saw them in Birmingham back in the 1980's and the Nashville show will be his second. :D

I always park at a garage at the corner of 3rd Ave North and Commerce St. It is in between the pre show party location (McFadden's) and Bridgestone arena. Think the address is 211 Commerce St. Hope you make it to the party

ZnowDog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McFaddass? Really? I know you want to be in a place where a group can gather, but God help us all, McFadden's? I've been there twice. The first time the service was so bad that I swore that I would never go back. Aforementioned bad service, 15 year old girls drinking, skanks dancing on the bar, they do serve sheperd's pie, but that along with a couple shamrocks on the wall's do not make an Irish bar. It sucks straight ass. I had to go back a second time just to make sure and almost got arrested for punching a punk that hit on my wife. No good memories to recall at all.

Pause...

I hate to be the party pooper here, but I ain't going.

If you want to meet me before the show I'll be drinking great beer at Broadway Brewhouse. If you don't want to meet me before the show then no could blame you. I am not the easiest guy in the world to like.

Sorry you had bad experiences there. In 2011 we had a great time and it worked out very well. At 3:00 on Wednesday afternoon, I don't think you will have the beautiful people to contend with. I heard the weekend late night scene has lots of bar flies and you are packed like sardines, but we will have a party room so only RUSH fans will be in the party room. If you dont have a pass, you don't come in. As I have stated many times before this ain't no "we are having a pre-show party at blah blah blah place - so come on down" then you show up and everybody is scattered around the joint - cause there was never a party really planned. We keepz it real and that don't work for 80+ people. This is organized and we have some stuff planned. The brew house will give you space for $1K upfront. If anyone has the money to rent it out, let me know and we can change the venue.

Sorry for being a dickweed. I think I may try to work it in. Private parties are, indeed, different from just showing up someplace. I really didn't think I would even be at this show. It is my wedding anniversary. I had no illusions that my wife would overjoyed about going to a Rush concert so I just said I would skip it this time. This past Valentine's Day she gave me a card with Rush tickets in it. Humility does not even begin to describe the feeling that came over me. What a gift she is to me.

I will make the effort because, gee whiz, a cool thousand to rent the Brew House? No effing way.

Sorry, no really, sorry. I ain't special or nothin'. See Y'all there.

Parking:

The cheapest parking in Nashville is at the Public Library. It is a bit of a walk (three or four blocks and uphill on the way back) but I think it is only 5 bucks, unless they changed it recently.

Parking:

The cheapest parking in Nashville is at the Public Library. It is a bit of a walk (three or four blocks and uphill on the way back) but I think it is only 5 bucks, unless they changed it recently.

Good to know. I was wondering how the parking was. Is the arena parking expensive?

McFaddass? Really? I know you want to be in a place where a group can gather, but God help us all, McFadden's? I've been there twice. The first time the service was so bad that I swore that I would never go back. Aforementioned bad service, 15 year old girls drinking, skanks dancing on the bar, they do serve sheperd's pie, but that along with a couple shamrocks on the wall's do not make an Irish bar. It sucks straight ass. I had to go back a second time just to make sure and almost got arrested for punching a punk that hit on my wife. No good memories to recall at all.

Pause...

I hate to be the party pooper here, but I ain't going.

If you want to meet me before the show I'll be drinking great beer at Broadway Brewhouse. If you don't want to meet me before the show then no could blame you. I am not the easiest guy in the world to like.

Sorry you had bad experiences there. In 2011 we had a great time and it worked out very well. At 3:00 on Wednesday afternoon, I don't think you will have the beautiful people to contend with. I heard the weekend late night scene has lots of bar flies and you are packed like sardines, but we will have a party room so only RUSH fans will be in the party room. If you dont have a pass, you don't come in. As I have stated many times before this ain't no "we are having a pre-show party at blah blah blah place - so come on down" then you show up and everybody is scattered around the joint - cause there was never a party really planned. We keepz it real and that don't work for 80+ people. This is organized and we have some stuff planned. The brew house will give you space for $1K upfront. If anyone has the money to rent it out, let me know and we can change the venue.

Sorry for being a dickweed. I think I may try to work it in. Private parties are, indeed, different from just showing up someplace. I really didn't think I would even be at this show. It is my wedding anniversary. I had no illusions that my wife would overjoyed about going to a Rush concert so I just said I would skip it this time. This past Valentine's Day she gave me a card with Rush tickets in it. Humility does not even begin to describe the feeling that came over me. What a gift she is to me.

I will make the effort because, gee whiz, a cool thousand to rent the Brew House? No effing way.

Sorry, no really, sorry. I ain't special or nothin'. See Y'all there.

Dr. B - Good to hear! Don't forget to go to the web site and fill out the form. I send updates to everybody and we make passes. We started doing that because in 2004 the venue we used did not have the staff to support us and service sucked so we need a head count. Also had somebody walk in off the street to join us and thought it would be cool to "dine and dash" and leave the waitress holding the tab. So we decided passes would kill 2 "birds" with one stone - only RUSH fans allowed. Plus you get a souviner to keep. BTW - We are having RUSH karaoke with about 20 tune choices. Did it at the last party and it was a blast!

McFadden's wasn't bad at all and hardly anybody was even in the front section - The food was decent and they had the back bar open just for us. There was never a wait :)

P.S.: Must be a special lady to let you catch a RUSH show on your big day. You better keep her!

Parking:

Good to know. I was wondering how the parking was. Is the arena parking expensive?

I don't think there is any parking at the arena. There are a lot of privately owned parking spots around. The problem is that there is a new convention center that is mostly finished and all the roads around it are mostly finished and it is mostly a mess downtown. I would drive to the arena and then circle out until you find a 5 to 10 dollar parking option. Sometimes folks will gouge a bit and charge 15 or 20 bucks, but that will be closer to the venue. Come early.

Parking:

I don't think there is any parking at the arena. There are a lot of privately owned parking spots around. The problem is that there is a new convention center that is mostly finished and all the roads around it are mostly finished and it is mostly a mess downtown. I would drive to the arena and then circle out until you find a 5 to 10 dollar parking option. Sometimes folks will gouge a bit and charge 15 or 20 bucks, but that will be closer to the venue. Come early.

Thanks. I didn't know there was no arena parking. That kind of sucks.

Hi y'all. I’m selling one (1) ticket for the Nashville show. It’s a good floor seat and I’ll let it go to someone here for what I paid for it. Here are the details:

Section: Floor 5 (on Alex’s side)

Row: 9

Seat: 2 (Second seat from the inside aisle.)

Price: $130 (plus $10 for shipping or deliver in person at the venue.)

I’m planning to put it on eBay for a little bit more than that but before I do I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested.

2 weeks left! The anticipation is killing me (partially because i decided to go with the LN VIP gamble)...Will be amped up the entire 7+ hour drive. I see discussion about pre-show festivities...but the big question is where is the after party?

Hi guys,

I have a pair of floor tickets for the Nashville show. Section 6 (Geddy's side), Row 7. They are aisle seats. I will eat the Ticketmaster fees, so I will sell the pair for face value at $180. I can meet up before the show. PM me if interested!

Won't be making it to the meetup, but if you happen to see a tall bro wearing a Tarkus T-shirt, an attractive lady who goes by "Kid_Gloves", and another tall bro with a goatee, be sure to come over and say hi! We'd be pleased to meetcha :hi:

Hey guys just a quick question. I want to bring my camera in to take a few shots while at the concert. Am I going to have to sneak it in or will security confiscate it if they find it? I know every venue is different but I was wondering how strict Bridgestone Arena is. Also, I just have a Kodak digital camera - nothing professional.

Thanks,

Tina

Based on what I’ve seen at concerts over the last couple years, it appears that venues are no longer trying to keep cameras out. I assume this is simply because every phone has a camera in it and they can’t possibly prohibit us from bringing our phones in. A pocket camera should be no problem at all. However, there is no guarantee. You may get the one asshole security guard who may be a problem. I believe the security check is before they scan your ticket. So the worst case scenario is that you’d have to take your camera back to your car.

I'm staying downtown near the arena, and I'm wondering if a lot of us out-of-towners are too. If so, does everyone plan on crashing after the concert? If there's to be a post show meet-up somewhere, I'd like to attend.

I was planning on doing some bar-hopping after unless there's a place people want to meet-up.

Archived