Quitting My Job, Because Principles DO Matter

Principled Man

Many thanks to 1001001 for the name change!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Starting a new chapter......taking that new road......with eyes wide open, a few doubts, but a lot of confidence...... B) B)

• Like 1

Love the new name! Awesome! I'm happy that it helps signify a new path on your life's journey.

Good luck, and keep us posted (if you want, of course!) on how things are going for you! :)

A fine new screen name.

To Principled Man!

:cheers: :hail:

• Like 1

Good for you PM! I work as a state inspector now after 18 years in oil refinery construction, electronic manufacturing, electrical union construction and now with the always political motivated state job. People in the manufacturing sector and the state are so surprised when I speak my mind and show that I ain't job scared. Learned that in refinery construction where you don't let anyone run over you. That punk dude will probably screw up even worse this time. That's the down side to union's. They protect the worthless guys who don't have any work ethics.

I believe you have a brighter future ahead of you. There is allot to be said about enjoying your job instead of dreading having to go to work the next day.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

That punk dude will probably screw up even worse this time. That's the down side to unions. They protect the worthless guys who don't have any work ethics.

My prediction is that the punk will behave himself for a while, but then gradually go back to his openly corrupt ways. He spent several years buddying up to everyone in power - union leaders as well as managers and corporate execs. He got on as many "committees" as he could - all to increase his status. He played both sides of the fence (union and company).....anything to strengthen his immunity from accountability. He went out of his way to mock and be insubordinate to our department manager (who was and is too cowardly to hold him accountable). He had his "posse" of co-workers who would literally follow him around like he was Jesus. Those of us who were not part of his posse were disgusted by the way he got away with murder everyday........

He'll be under the eye of the new plant manager, who had fired him seven months ago. This plant manager is a major control freak, authoritarian, and dedicated to holding people accountable. Hopefully, he'll find a stronger reason to fire the punk this time and make it stick. If that happens, I don't think they'll call me and ask me to come back, though. They were too concerned about the alleged "threat" I had made.....which was totally insincere. I burned my bridges, but I'm not too upset about it.....!! :7up: :7up:

That punk dude will probably screw up even worse this time. That's the down side to unions. They protect the worthless guys who don't have any work ethics.

My prediction is that the punk will behave himself for a while, but then gradually go back to his openly corrupt ways. He spent several years buddying up to everyone in power - union leaders as well as managers and corporate execs. He got on as many "committees" as he could - all to increase his status. He played both sides of the fence (union and company).....anything to strengthen his immunity from accountability. He went out of his way to mock and be insubordinate to our department manager (who was and is too cowardly to hold him accountable). He had his "posse" of co-workers who would literally follow him around like he was Jesus. Those of us who were not part of his posse were disgusted by the way he got away with murder everyday........

He'll be under the eye of the new plant manager, who had fired him seven months ago. This plant manager is a major control freak, authoritarian, and dedicated to holding people accountable. Hopefully, he'll find a stronger reason to fire the punk this time and make it stick. If that happens, I don't think they'll call me and ask me to come back, though. They were too concerned about the alleged "threat" I had made.....which was totally insincere. I burned my bridges, but I'm not too upset about it.....!! :7up: :7up:

It'll all come around eventually when you play both sides of the fence for too long.

• Like 1

What do you do when your employer allows the reinstatement of a corrupt punk co-worker, who was fired for gross misconduct and vandalism of company property?

What do you do when this punk (who was a popular member of the union good-old boy club) made your life hell everyday for the past two years, via his intentional sabotage of your job.....in addition to blackballing you because you dared to stand up to his buddy, a drunken loser who was abusive to you everyday (and got himself fired for it)?

What do you do when your employer tells you that this punk is being reinstated to his job after SEVEN MONTHS?

What do you do when you are being forcibly demoted back to your old job, on the SAME SHIFT as this punk, destined to endure the same abuse and disrespect for who knows how long.....? Years, perhaps....?

YOU QUIT. That is what you do.

I don't care about the huge loss of revenue.

I don't care about the uncertainty of my future.

I don't care about having to move in with my mother until I can start all over again....which may be never.

ANYTHING is better than going back to that horrible job with such impotent management and such horrible co-workers.

Grain dust everywhere. Freezing cold. Working 6-7 days a week. Asshole union goonbahs. Cowardly and incompetent managers.

http://www.lixlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/quitlol.gif

Yeah, nobody should stay where they are miserable. To me you're the "Sensible Man" more than anything else. Best of luck to you.

It'll all come around eventually when you play both sides of the fence for too long.

Yep, MR is exactly right...Mr. Punk asshole might be laughing now, but his time is coming...I can't believe that they allowed him to return....just F'g outrageous..... :rage: :rage:

Hope that you can move on your life and forget about this toxic dump....not worth it at all!! You did what many don't have the guts to do! Good Luck and Well Wishes with finding your next job!!!

:notworthy: :7up: :cheerleader: :hi:

Dude, I admire your balls..!

Having said that, I wish you all the best...

:)

Baby Cat,

Could you be so kind as to admire my balls too? They're very polite balls and they have very strong morals and family values... :D

Dude, I admire your balls..!

Having said that, I wish you all the best...

:)

Baby Cat,

Could you be so kind as to admire my balls too? They're very polite balls and they have very strong morals and family values... :D

Certainly! :D ..!

• Like 1

Wait a minute?? Has someone changed their name in this thread?? :eh:

Yessssssss...............and he's still gonna give your Saints a vicious taunting every year..... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Wait a minute?? Has someone changed their name in this thread?? :eh:

Yessssssss...............and he's still gonna give your Saints a vicious taunting every year..... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

As long as we're winning while you taunt I'll be happy! :D-13:

Well done! I think you're very courageous!

Best of luck for the future!

:hi: :clap: :cheers: :hug:

Well, boys and girls, it's been almost five months of unemployment, uncertainty, anxiety, and ever-tiring patience........BUT NO LONGER!!! I am very happy to announce that the dark days are OVAH.......and the bright nights have just begun!!! :7up: :7up:

I start next week at a pharmaceutical distribution center, working Sunday-Thursday, 7pm-4am. Get this: Excellent starting pay, full benefits, 401(k), and FOUR weeks of vacation and several personal days right from the start..... :o :D Shipping out anything and everything that drug stores need, from Crest toothpaste to the heavy narcotic medications. The security gates around the place are impressive....

I certainly do NOT recommend doing what I did - quitting one's job cold turkey, with no assurance that you'll find another job. Being unemployed for five months was NOT fun. I'm just happy that I stuck to my principles, which were ultimately victorious.

Next step: Study all night and tomorrow for the approaching urine test.... ;)

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 8

Well, boys and girls, it's been almost five months of unemployment, uncertainty, anxiety, and ever-tiring patience........BUT NO LONGER!!! I am very happy to announce that the dark days are OVAH.......and the bright nights have just begun!!! :7up: :7up:

I start next week at a pharmaceutical distribution center, working Sunday-Thursday, 7pm-4am. Get this: Excellent starting pay, full benefits, 401(k), and FOUR weeks of vacation and several personal days right from the start..... :o :D Shipping out anything and everything that drug stores need, from Crest toothpaste to the heavy narcotic medications. The security gates around the place are impressive....

I certainly do NOT recommend doing what I did - quitting one's job cold turkey, with no assurance that you'll find another job. Being unemployed for five months was NOT fun. I'm just happy that I stuck to my principles, which were ultimately victorious.

If you ever need a tutor...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QX4_lyu8Ub4/SzEcbo2jjjI/AAAAAAAAAVg/XMCcJsbanBk/s400/onterrio51360469.jpg

Seriously, though, CONGRATS! That's awesome!

If you ever need a tutor...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QX4_lyu8Ub4/SzEcbo2jjjI/AAAAAAAAAVg/XMCcJsbanBk/s400/onterrio51360469.jpg

Seriously, though, CONGRATS! That's awesome!

That reminds me.....where IS my Whizzinator? I packed it away somewhere around here....... :doh:

• Like 1

Congrats PM, that's great news! I knew that you'd find something much better than that rat hole you left behind! :ebert:

Plays that song long and proud as he can

Whaddaya think

Change your name to

Pharmaceutical Man?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

As I'll be working 3rd shift, perhaps I should change my name to Nocturnal Man..... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 1