Clockwork Angels four songs swap challange

losingit2k

Rush is probably wrestling with the idea of swaping about four songs for their 2nd leg of the tour what songs would you swap. below are the most current sets B-Lists is are altered:

Set 1:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

The Body Electric / Middletown Dreams

Territories

The Analog Kid

Bravado / The Pass

Where's My Thing? ->

Drum Solo 1

Far Cry

(-Intermission-)

Set 2:

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight ->

Drum Solo 2

Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)

Seven Cities Of Gold / Wish them Well

The Garden

Manhattan Project / Dreamline

The Percussor (Drum Solo 3) ->

Red Sector A

YYZ

The Spirit Of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

I would change:

Bravado / The Pass for Ghost of a Chance/ Show Don't Tell

Manhattan Project/ Dreamline for Losing It/ Limelight

Red Sector A for Distant Early Warning with GUP Live intro

YYZ for La Villa Strangiato

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Personally I think the setlist is amazing, but if given the keys to the kingdom i would switch out these:

YYZ for Main Monkey Biz

Bravado/The Pass for Working Them Angels

Red Sector A for Losing It

Manhattan Project/Dreamline for Ghost of a Chance

• Like 2

Force 10 with Kid Gloves -- F10 has had plenty of live airtime over the years... Casual fan doesn't know either and crazies get another deep cut.

Territories with Freewill -- liked this on first leg but thought energy level in crowd was low by this point...set needs a "hit" here

Bravado/The Pass with Cut to the Chase -- a couple of songs that similar to F10 have had plenty of airtime... time to finally break this one out.

Red Sector A with FBN -- not sure Geddy could pull this off but I say excuse the orchestra one song early and dust off an early classic. Flows well into end of show run of hits.

• Like 1

Force 10 with Kid Gloves -- F10 has had plenty of live airtime over the years... Casual fan doesn't know either and crazies get another deep cut.

Territories with Freewill -- liked this on first leg but thought energy level in crowd was low by this point...set needs a "hit" here

Bravado/The Pass with Cut to the Chase -- a couple of songs that similar to F10 have had plenty of airtime... time to finally break this one out.

Red Sector A with FBN -- not sure Geddy could pull this off but I say excuse the orchestra one song early and dust off an early classic. Flows well into end of show run of hits.

Loves this. Of course if they only played "Cut To The Chase" and then filled up the rest of the setlist with a bunch of old Anne Murray cover tunes, I'd still be happy.

Clem

Dude I truly love your choices! Much better than mine! I went the SAFE ROUTE! Koudos to you sir!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

More than anything, I'd love to see them just play the whole Clockwork Angels album start to finish...other than Moving Pictures (which they took a few parts out) they've never really just gone and DONE that! Come out in the first set, play it top to bottom, finish the first set with a few things while the strings are on stage that they did this tour, MAYBE add Losing it and take an intermission, Then come out and play the rest of the show....
  • Like 1

Maybe it should be a five song challange;

Add for mine:

BU2B after Caravan!

name='Jaminbenb' timestamp='1358465400' post='2833406']

More than anything, I'd love to see them just play the whole Clockwork Angels album start to finish...other than Moving Pictures (which they took a few parts out) they've never really just gone and DONE that! Come out in the first set, play it top to bottom, finish the first set with a few things while the strings are on stage that they did this tour, MAYBE add Losing it and take an intermission, Then come out and play the rest of the show....

[/b]

name='Jaminbenb' timestamp='1358465400' post='2833406']

[/b]

I agree add both songs to the set and do the entire thing already!

:codger:

Well i got my tickets for the 2nd night of the tour. So I guess that means the "B" setlist plus what ever changes they emplore. I Hope if they add Losing It that its to the "B" setlist! OH crap, this can get ugly if Losing It gets added to the "A" setlist. Then I really have to try to get $$$ to go to the Orlando show!

:scared:

"Red Sector A" has got to go, by any means necessary!

Kill some of the other Keyboard Era shit from the first set, too. Keep second set (other than RSA) the same.

That's my input.

"Red Sector A" has got to go, by any means necessary!

Kill some of the other Keyboard Era shit from the first set, too. Keep second set (other than RSA) the same.

That's my input.

So what you're saying is even if they couldn't put on a tour without the synth era stuff, you'd rather no tour then at then? You sure you'd rather have nothing?

In light of their age, perhaps without the setlist they have, they wouldn't be able to tour at all. They're not 30. Not even 40. Hell, they are beyond 50. be thankful they put a show on at all. Maybe the keyboards give Geddy's fingers a break. Maybe the more melodic chord playing helps Alex get from show to show.

Sometimes, the angels punish us by answering our prayers, my friend.

Geddy has already said the Setlist is not changing, or maybe that was Alex... and we know how reliable he is.

I learned to love the setlist, I forgot how much I like those 80's songs. The buddy that I took really like the setlist because those were his first RUSH albums.

• Like 1

Set 1:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

The Body Electric / Middletown Dreams

Territories

The Analog Kid

Bravado / The Pass

Where's My Thing? ->

Drum Solo 1

Far Cry

(-Intermission-)

Set 2:

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight ->

Drum Solo 2

The Garden

Manhattan Project / Dreamline

Red Sector A

YYZ

The Spirit Of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Here's my changes

Set 1:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10 / Digital Man

Grand Designs

Territories / Middletown Dreams / Kid Gloves

The Analog Kid

Bravado / The Pass

Where's My Thing? ->

Drum Solo 1

Limelight

Far Cry

(-Intermission-)

Set 2:

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight ->

Drum Solo 2

The Garden

Losin It / Manhattan Project

Red Sector A / Dreamline

YYZ

The Spirit Of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Edited by dtpoet

- Digital Man might add a little spice early on

- Body Electric is nice but I prefer to eliminate it

- 3 way keeps these songs fresh

- Bravado/Pass are a necessary slower break for the musicians

- Limelight adds needed energy

- Losin It would be beautiful but won't be over done if it's coupled with another song

- Coupling RSA with DL keeps both fresh

• Like 1

Bravado/The Pass -> Turn The Page/Show Don't Tell

Far Cry -> Cut To The Chase

Red Sector A -> Losing It

Manhattan Project/Dreamline -> Prime Mover/Open Secrets

Great Choices, I do hope we get to hear some of these songs once again or for the first time Live before they retire:

Cut to the Chase

Kid Gloves

AfterImage

Open Secrets

Jacob's Ladder

Losing It

Tears

Different Strings

Alien Shore

Sweet Miracle

Vapor Trails

Lock And Key

Available Light

That would actually make a great set right there!

My four

The Body electric/Middle Town Dreams becomes Kid Gloves/Emotion Detector

Halo effect with Distant early Warning (played after the garden)

Put Dreamline in Tom Sawyer's Spot and in Dreamline's old spot put Prime Mover

(People are going to hate me for this) 2112 with Marathon

(if a fifth could be picked) Red Sector A with Jacobs Ladder/Xanadu (would really like these ones, but I had to clean out the low points on the list first (no disrespect for Middletown dreams, but get another PW song out there is my dream))

• Like 1