2112 Deluxe Editions

TheCounterRevolution

The people who bought the new 2112 Deluxe Editions, what did you think of the remaster 2112?

I got the Blue Ray with the comic.

The comic is cool and watching it with the Blue Ray is awesome.

I am not that impressed with the remaster, sounds just like the regular CD or Vinyl to me.

I thought it would be really cool in 5.1, but not that impressed.

I was wondering if anybody else felt the same?

I'm about sick of 5.1 releases. They are an interesting novelty for a while, but I never listen to them after the first listen or two. I got it, I like the quality just fine, it's no better or worse than any other issue. If I listen to the album I play the MFSL version. The live songs were nice, but why not release the entire show? I bought it out of loyalty to the band more than anything. I have 2112 on vinyl, the original West German CD, The Gold MFSL CD, The Sector Box set and this one. I'm done.

Can someone remind me of where the live songs were recorded . I read it awhile back but i forgot and i don't see it in the C.D. Thanx

I just bought this the other day and finally got a chance to watch the DVD this morning.

Wow! Fantastic! I really like the separation in the 5.1 mix - the waterfalls during Discovery, the background vocals on The Twilight Zone - I really enjoyed it! The comic works really well although it doesn't really fit my mind's eye view. Side 2! The comics were wonderful during all of the tracks! I love the art of the guys in Passage and Alex in Lessons. Simply wonderful; I absolutely love it and the live tracks, too.

:ebert: :clap: :mwah: :cheers: :hail:

:rush: :haz:

Personally I was quite dissatisfied with it. I had such high hopes and was quite happy with the sound on my Moving Pictures 5.1, but this sounded kind of muddy to me..Ill have to test it on some other systems, however it is the same setup that I listen to MP on.

I know the Blue Ray is 5.1, that is what I listened to, I was not impressed with the 5.1 or the Re-Master, sounded the same as the regular CD of 2112 and even the Vinyl. That is just what I thought, was curious if anybody else thought the same. Sorry for confusion.

Me too....the regular CD remaster is nothing special

I just bought this the other day and finally got a chance to watch the DVD this morning.

Wow! Fantastic! I really like the separation in the 5.1 mix - the waterfalls during Discovery, the background vocals on The Twilight Zone - I really enjoyed it! The comic works really well although it doesn't really fit my mind's eye view. Side 2! The comics were wonderful during all of the tracks! I love the art of the guys in Passage and Alex in Lessons. Simply wonderful; I absolutely love it and the live tracks, too.

:ebert: :clap: :mwah: :cheers: :hail:

:rush: :haz:

Agree re the comic -- ive had a minds-eye view of 2112 since I was 13 years old, and will keep it that way...not a fan of it

Edited by greg2112