Hippie vs. Hipster question

rushgoober

They're just different ways of saying "knobhead" :hail:

More Fridgey presence is required! :D

Be careful what you wish for...you might just get it :eyeroll:

Fridge! :hi:

Hipsters do things "ironically". Drinking PBR is a perfect example of that.

DAMN!

Beat me to it.

Drinking a certain brand of beer just to be ironic? Really? :unsure:

Hipsters are post-ironic. :)

• Like 1

^^^ I was wondering when the Prog Hipster would show up!

:LOL:

No joke, today was my dad's birthday so we went for a ride and ended up spending the day in the hipster capital of New England - Northampton, Massachusetts. Logged onto TRF when I got home, and I saw this thread. :LOL:

Edited by ColdFireYYZ
  • Like 1

Zooey Deschanel, hipster goddess.

http://dialstyle.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/zooey.jpg

• Like 3

Ima little bit hipster sometimes. Ask me anything.

Ima little bit hipster sometimes. Ask me anything.

Here's your new avatar.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/imagew174h200f3_zpsa6592c4c.jpg

Ssssssoooooo hipster in so many ways!!!

the worst is when hipsters like something I like

I've seen dinosaur jr twice, and for those who dont know they're a really loud fuzzy guitar rock band influenced mostly by punk rock, neil young and black sabbath, but for some reason a ton of hipsters have latched onto this band. so at their shows the crowd is split between hipsters who are too cool to move or even look like they're enjoying the music, and then long-haired hairy f*ckers who like to rock.

No joke, today was my dad's birthday so we went for a ride and ended up spending the day in the hipster capital of New England - Northampton, Massachusetts. Logged onto TRF when I got home, and I saw this thread. :LOL:

I haven't been to Northampton in many, many years, but I always thought it was the lesbian capital of New England. Has that changed? :huh:

I haven't been to Northampton in many, many years, but I always thought it was the lesbian capital of New England. Has that changed? :huh:

Wikipedia says that they have the most lesbian couples per capita of any US city, so I guess it hasn't changed.

Wikipedia says that they have the most lesbian couples per capita of any US city, so I guess it hasn't changed.

Lesbians and hipster chicks are pretty much the same thing, no?

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

the worst is when hipsters like something I like

I've seen dinosaur jr twice, and for those who dont know they're a really loud fuzzy guitar rock band influenced mostly by punk rock, neil young and black sabbath, but for some reason a ton of hipsters have latched onto this band. so at their shows the crowd is split between hipsters who are too cool to move or even look like they're enjoying the music, and then long-haired hairy f*ckers who like to rock.

Dinasour jr. are great! J. Mascis rocks. And I know exactly what u are talking about . A LOT of hipsters in the Boston area, and they come out in droves to shows like these.

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1

Nope.

I'm having a bit of an identity crisis here. . . .I don't think I qualify as "hipster" (too old for one), but:

- I hate most pop music. Not because it's cool to hate it, though. I hate it because it sucks.

- I'm not a trend follower. Again, not out of any desire to be contrary; I just generally cannot be bothered. Celebrities and fashion and such just bore the shit out of me.

I'm just generally ignorant of a lot of things pop culture. Like that picture someone posted above? Zooey what's-her-face? I've heard the name. I know she is famous. But without the picture I wouldn't have the faintest idea what she looks like, nor do I know WHY she is famous. Nor do I care.

I mean, my mom was cooler when she was my age!

Oh and goober - you can't ever qualify as a "hipster", because for one thing, you admit to liking "Twilight". I'm going to guess that's an automatic lifetime "no admittance" policy for the Hipster Clan.

I'm having a bit of an identity crisis here. . . .I don't think I qualify as "hipster" (too old for one), but:

- I hate most pop music. Not because it's cool to hate it, though. I hate it because it sucks.

- I'm not a trend follower. Again, not out of any desire to be contrary; I just generally cannot be bothered. Celebrities and fashion and such just bore the shit out of me.

I'm just generally ignorant of a lot of things pop culture. Like that picture someone posted above? Zooey what's-her-face? I've heard the name. I know she is famous. But without the picture I wouldn't have the faintest idea what she looks like, nor do I know WHY she is famous. Nor do I care.

I mean, my mom was cooler when she was my age!

Oh and goober - you can't ever qualify as a "hipster", because for one thing, you admit to liking "Twilight". I'm going to guess that's an automatic lifetime "no admittance" policy for the Hipster Clan.

You're no hipster. Being a hipster is something you have to work very hard at.