The End is Near...Geddy to appear on lame CBS sitcom

laughedatbytime

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/07/how-i-met-your-mother-james-van-der-beek-alan-thicke-guest-star/

How I Met Your Mother': James Van Der Beek among guest stars for final Robin Sparkles installment

by Sandra Gonzalez

After the last new episode of How I Met Your Mother, executive producer Craig Thomas promised EW a star-studded fourth and final installment of the Robin Sparkles saga, and today, CBS announced the huge list of expected guest stars.

Scheduled to appear in the Feb. 4 episode are: Alan Thicke, James Van Der Beek, Paul Shaffer, Jason Priestley, Alex Trebek, K. D. Lang, former Barenaked Ladies frontman Steven Page, Rush frontman Geddy Lee, and former Canadian hockey player Luc Robitaille.

The appearance will mark Thicke’s fourth time making a cameo in a Robin Sparkles-centric episode, and this will be Van Der Beek’s second time on the show. In past episodes, Thicke has played himself while Beek portrayed Simon, Robin’s first boyfriend who also appeared in her “Sandcastles in the Sand” music video. Trebek has also previously appeared on the show.

How I Met Your Mother, which recently was rumored to be returning for a ninth season, returns with new episodes Jan. 14.

It's sad that Geddy is stooping to this level.

Ahhh c'mon it's not that bad,matter of fact think it's kinda cool he's going be on it. Hell Ged and his daughter appeared (briefly) in a scene on The Gilmore girls.

It's sad that Geddy is stooping to this level.

Yes it is. The rich get bored, and when you get older, i guess you don't mind looking foolish. Hell, look at Betty White, maybe she is a real inspiration to Rush now. There must be some money involved.

Glittering prizes and endless compromises

Shatter the illusion of integrity, yeah.

Edited by The Antagonist

Geddy already made a very VERY brief cameo as an extra in some sitcom a few years back (I'm assuming that sitcom was lame too). His daughter was one of the extras too. Someone on TRF should be able to remember this. If it helps spark someone's memory, I do remember that Sally Struthers was one of the guest stars in that episode.

Geddy already made a very VERY brief cameo as an extra in some sitcom a few years back (I'm assuming that sitcom was lame too). His daughter was one of the extras too. Someone on TRF should be able to remember this. If it helps spark someone's memory, I do remember that Sally Struthers was one of the guest stars in that episode.

I think that was the Gilmore Girls.

No, the end would be nigh when Geddy appears on the Big Bang Theory. And of course, the end would actually be here when Rush adds a singer to sing older material in concert.

Its only a matter of time until we watch Sheldon Cooper explain to the Boys the scientific reasoning behind their given success and chastise them for distorting such a simple topic like Chemistry or Natural Science.

:blah:

Edited by losingit2k

He must like the show, Jason Segal (one of it's stars -also from "I Love You Man") and all the Canadian jokes they throw in for the character Robin. I hope the cameo is a decent part and not a "hey look its Geddy Lee!' 'hey guys'" type of cameo.
  • Like 2

He must like the show, Jason Segal (one of it's stars -also from "I Love You Man") and all the Canadian jokes they throw in for the character Robin.

I expect this is why he's doing it.

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 1

Why do Rush fans shit on Rush when Rush gets more exposure?

Don't they deserve the success?

Don't you want to share your band?

Alex was in a Canadian vampire move. Geddy is on a very popular American sitcom.

• Like 5