The End is Near...Geddy to appear on lame CBS sitcom

laughedatbytime

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/07/how-i-met-your-mother-james-van-der-beek-alan-thicke-guest-star/

How I Met Your Mother': James Van Der Beek among guest stars for final Robin Sparkles installment

by Sandra Gonzalez

After the last new episode of How I Met Your Mother, executive producer Craig Thomas promised EW a star-studded fourth and final installment of the Robin Sparkles saga, and today, CBS announced the huge list of expected guest stars.

Scheduled to appear in the Feb. 4 episode are: Alan Thicke, James Van Der Beek, Paul Shaffer, Jason Priestley, Alex Trebek, K. D. Lang, former Barenaked Ladies frontman Steven Page, Rush frontman Geddy Lee, and former Canadian hockey player Luc Robitaille.

The appearance will mark Thicke’s fourth time making a cameo in a Robin Sparkles-centric episode, and this will be Van Der Beek’s second time on the show. In past episodes, Thicke has played himself while Beek portrayed Simon, Robin’s first boyfriend who also appeared in her “Sandcastles in the Sand” music video. Trebek has also previously appeared on the show.

How I Met Your Mother, which recently was rumored to be returning for a ninth season, returns with new episodes Jan. 14.

Robin Sparkles? I'm not familiar with this star. But that's some guest list. Should be interesting. :moose:

One of the stars of the show is Jason Segel who also starred in the 2009 film I Love You Man where Rush made a guest appearance

Edited by Chicken hawk

I'm not surprised. After watching Rush's concert videos (the opening ones) it's obvious that Geddy and Alex can act. Neil, not so much, but he probably really isn't all that excited about it in the first place. The other two guys - funny as hell.

My guess is the connection on how this came about is How i met you mother cast member Jason Segel. "I love you man", & appeared on the Time Machine tour film short.. Could be he really is a fan of Rush and they became friends. Edited by softfilter