Dallas or Phoenix

aaronrusso

ive just been looking up a few songs from each of the shows on youtube and was just wondering about how the dvd would work, a mix of songs from each night?

from what ive seen geddy seems to have sang a little better in phoenix

how do you guys reckon it will be split?

cheers :)

I said it before and I'll say it again and again, Anything Less than both concerts released in a Deluxe package is Unacceptable.

That would be awesome, but I'm afraid you'll be greatly disappointed. We're talking about a band that eight years ago left off 8 songs from a live DVD just because they appeared on the previous TOUR's DVD. I highly doubt they'd release a product featuring two very similar shows from a few nights apart, in their entirety. Then again, Queen released both Wembley and Hungary from The Magic Tour (albeit separately, and the Hungary show is missing "Another One Bites the Dust" and a few songs are highly edited), so you never know.

I think there are only two options they'll consider:

1. intersperse the alternate songs into the body of the other show to create a "master" concert (which is what I'm hoping, out of these two options)

2. put the alternate songs on a bonus disc like on the S&A DVD where the different songs from Leg 2 were added as bonus material

Odds are we will get a complete representation of the 2012 leg of the CA tour.

Meaning, it will appear as though it is one show with ALL the alternates in correct order.

Yep, I agree with this. The finished product will be a 2 dvd set featuring the best versions from the 2 shows.

From what I've seen and heard, I think there will be way more songs from the Phoenix show than from Dallas. The Dallas show had some issues, while the Phoenix show was absolutely flawless. We'll see.

No reason to speculate about the dvd though, it will be put together just like any other live recording...the best versions make the cut. Although in this case they only have 2 versions of each song to choose from.