Mark Wood Orchestra Plays Tom Sawyer!

iBytor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYOkEcWzceY

I was there!!! Its a week long intense orchestra camp that plays lots of rock & roll! This was the final concert, and that's my mom with the blue viper violin with the yellow dress! I'm so jealous she got to play Rush with her group and I didn't! :( BUT it was amazing to watch!!

Everyone go take a look!

Edited by iBytor

That's awesome! I started a thread about 6 or 7 months ago that he said he was going to do Spirit Of Radio, but Tom Sawyer is so much better! :haz:

At that rock orchestra camp, there were 2 groups, one for more beginners and one for more advanced players. And then there was i think 4 different combo groups, and one of the combo groups played Spirit Of Radio! I was super jealous! 2 Rush songs and I didn't get to play in either! But I did name their group! It was 'crackle with life' haha. and it was still fun to listen and rock out! :D

That's awesome! I started a thread about 6 or 7 months ago that he said he was going to do Spirit Of Radio, but Tom Sawyer is so much better! :haz:

At that rock orchestra camp, there were 2 groups, one for more beginners and one for more advanced players. And then there was i think 4 different combo groups, and one of the combo groups played Spirit Of Radio! I was super jealous! 2 Rush songs and I didn't get to play in either! But I did name their group! It was 'crackle with life' haha. and it was still fun to listen and rock out! :D

I'm not in middle school anymore, but Mark Wood loves it here! When he comes back, I'm going to ask my old orchestra teacher if I can play with him again (I did violin for two years with him and one on guitar). Mark invited me to that Rock camp, said he needed guitarist how was it guitarist wise, by the way? He knows me here as the Rush kid and his son is a huge fan as well :LOL: when he did his drum solo, I went up and told him I thought it was really Neil Peart influenced and he went on about how they saw them at MSG. Real nice guys, I look forward to playing with them again in a few months. :haz:

I'm not in middle school anymore, but Mark Wood loves it here! When he comes back, I'm going to ask my old orchestra teacher if I can play with him again (I did violin for two years with him and one on guitar). Mark invited me to that Rock camp, said he needed guitarist how was it guitarist wise, by the way? He knows me here as the Rush kid and his son is a huge fan as well :LOL: when he did his drum solo, I went up and told him I thought it was really Neil Peart influenced and he went on about how they saw them at MSG. Real nice guys, I look forward to playing with them again in a few months. :haz:

whoa awesome!!!!! there were 3 guitarists there I think, including Mark's personal guitarist guy, Jon Bivona. It was really cool! After the final concert, I got my pic with Elijah and I told him he was such an amazing drummer and he's definitely the next Neil Peart, and he started laughing and said "hahaha aww thanks!!!!" Really nice family! haha. Are you going to mwroc this year?

whoa awesome!!!!! there were 3 guitarists there I think, including Mark's personal guitarist guy, Jon Bivona. It was really cool! After the final concert, I got my pic with Elijah and I told him he was such an amazing drummer and he's definitely the next Neil Peart, and he started laughing and said "hahaha aww thanks!!!!" Really nice family! haha. Are you going to mwroc this year?

I'm not, no. I really like his shows here. He bought a house about 90 min from where I live, and mark just loves it here, enough so that we got the whole deal, him, his son, and at the last second, his wife too! You said you played in the show, right?

I'm not, no. I really like his shows here. He bought a house about 90 min from where I live, and mark just loves it here, enough so that we got the whole deal, him, his son, and at the last second, his wife too! You said you played in the show, right?

he has a second house in New Mexico? I didn't know that! haha cool! Yep! I was playing the bass right next to Elijah! :P

he has a second house in New Mexico? I didn't know that! haha cool! Yep! I was playing the bass right next to Elijah! :P

In Santa Fe, yeah. One of the kids moms was a realtor and found him a house here. Pretty cool stuff! The advanced hoedown part for guitar was always a blast to play too ;)

In Santa Fe, yeah. One of the kids moms was a realtor and found him a house here. Pretty cool stuff! The advanced hoedown part for guitar was always a blast to play too ;)

sweet! I'm still trying to learn guitar :P but you should go to mwroc in '14! I'll be there with a bunch of other Rush fans!!