Would You Rush Fanatics Ever Let The Boys Bring In A Younger Vocalist To Sing All Of The Old Stuff?

RUSHHEAD666

I was wondering if some of you or if any of you would accept change in Rush.

Well at least for the live version.

Do you think the boys would ever hire someone from the outside as a vocalist to sing all of the old Rush stuff that Geddy can not sing anymore?

Geddy would still sing most of the songs but say the decided to do the first side of "Hemispheres" with a new lead singer. Of course Geddy would still play all bass parts, keys and bass pedals.

Do you think Rush would play more of their older canon if they actually had a vocalist who could sing those songs in 2013 and beyond?

Would it be an insult to Geddy?

Would it cheapen the product?

To think that the boys could play "Anthem" or "Something Or Nothing" again live with a different singer might actually excite me.

I saw a Rush Tribute Band in Walnut Creek last year called TED BARCHETTA. It's the current bass player's side band who is in Whitesnake.

Anyway they had this woman come up onto the stage to sing a few old Rush tunes and she absolutely BLEW MY MIND!

She sang "Anthem" and "Temples." She nailed it. It almost brought "Tears" to my eyes!

No. Absolutely not. The vast majority of the fans would never go for it (I know I wouldn't!!) and the band would never do something like that anyways.

User Input: Define Rush:

System Output:

Alex Lifeson: Guitar

Neil Peart: Drums/Percussion

Geddy Lee: Bassist/VOCALS

I don't see another main singer/vocalist on that list.

• Like 1

I would love to hear those songs, and throw in "what your doing" for good measure! Geddy could sing them just fine, he wouldnt have to even attempt to hit the high notes, Geds vocals are far down on the list when rating a RUSH show imo, although he did sound noticeably better on the CA tour, i guess since they didnt have any back to back nights.

F*ck no!

It's hard enough just finding Anyone who can actually sing now days, much less someone who can sing Rush songs. Look at all the Rush tribute bands out there...none of them can sing the parts correctly.

• Like 2

Oh hell yeah...They could get Beiber!!!!

:o !

I'm all in favor of getting Bieber on 2 conditions...

1. Every time he has to hit a really high note, Geddy gets to kick him in the nuts

2. They play NOTHING but 70s songs.

• Like 1

1. Every time he has to hit a really high note, Geddy gets to kick him in the nuts

:laughing guy: :LMAO:

Wow, there IS a way to finally get rid of pipsqueak for good!!!

Seriously Earl, are you F**king kidding me?...Another vocalist for :rush: ???? No F'g Way!!! You're outta your mind!!! Too much :smoke: :cosmo: ?????

:smash: :facepalm:

Edited by rushfanforever!