I so wish we had the 2013 North American Dates

nhlrush

I am not complaining, in fact, so thankful as I am sure most of you are, that we have tours to discuss.....but if they are coming back as soon as April, or at the latest June, after Europe, I so wish we had the dates already....

I work as a freelancer and I just got offered shifts for April, which I accepted, but in the back of my mind I am saying, "I need the work, but man I hope it doesn't conflict with some of the shows I am hoping to go to."

We had the 2012 dates so many months in advance, it seems odd that we have nothing right now, not even those with connections to individual venues who have rumors....

And of course, those bogus dates, which was pathetically put together and made no sense at all.....

The 2013 Euro dates were released about a year ahead of the shows.....

Figured after the holidays we would have something....hoping this thread will be moot really soon and something will magically happen in the next few days....

For those of you who travel and go to multiple shows per tour, there's nothing like having a pile of tour dates and a calender and a map and start planning some road trips....

I will also be really curious to see if there are any tweaks to the setlist, especially with the rotating songs....

Besides them adding Afterimage, Vapor Trail, Sweet Miracle, Cut to the Chase, Cold Fire, I really hope Middletown Dreams survives....

• Like 1

No, those dates on the rush website were from this past fall....not sure why they are on there.....Dec 2 in Houston was the last show of the fall Clockwork Angels tour...

The bogus dates were on the internet a few weeks ago and there are threads about it on this board.....it was a silly list made up by someone that listed shows at outdoor venues that aren't even open for the season on the dates that are mentioned.....they also had made up names of venues and old names of venues, it was a completely bogus list of dates....

I am not complaining, in fact, so thankful as I am sure most of you are, that we have tours to discuss.....but if they are coming back as soon as April, or at the latest June, after Europe, I so wish we had the dates already....

I work as a freelancer and I just got offered shifts for April, which I accepted, but in the back of my mind I am saying, "I need the work, but man I hope it doesn't conflict with some of the shows I am hoping to go to."

We had the 2012 dates so many months in advance, it seems odd that we have nothing right now, not even those with connections to individual venues who have rumors....

And of course, those bogus dates, which was pathetically put together and made no sense at all.....

The 2013 Euro dates were released about a year ahead of the shows.....

Figured after the holidays we would have something....hoping this thread will be moot really soon and something will magically happen in the next few days....

For those of you who travel and go to multiple shows per tour, there's nothing like having a pile of tour dates and a calender and a map and start planning some road trips....

I will also be really curious to see if there are any tweaks to the setlist, especially with the rotating songs....

Besides them adding Afterimage, Vapor Trail, Sweet Miracle, Cut to the Chase, Cold Fire, I really hope Middletown Dreams survives....

You and just about every one here at TRF would like to see some dates already. I need to plan my vacation!

:rage:

• Like 2

Apparently, we'll be getting them within the next two weeks. On twitter, a reliable source provided this tidbit:

@RushinNH Are you ready for 2013 US/North American dates? They're coming within 2 weeks. Presales will begin within days of the announcement

Hopefully this is true, it's all just a matter of time I guess...

Edited by pfrushfan0122
  • Like 2

Let's hope that above tweet is TRUE!!!!!!!! :ebert: :clap: :banana: I know that would put me in great spirits.........WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: :cheerleader: :banana: :guitar: :rush:
  • Like 1

Apparently, we'll be getting them within the next two weeks. On twitter, a reliable source provided this tidbit:

@RushinNH Are you ready for 2013 US/North American dates? They're coming within 2 weeks. Presales will begin within days of the announcement

Alright, Here come the Dates!

:dweez: :chickendance: :dweez: :chickendance: :dweez:

Tweeted today from Bubba's Bar and Grill (@RoadRash66) Dukes Pass and The Bridge of Balgie... Plans for Euro '13 begin. Scootertrash goes continental.

When the boys are planning routes, the dates can't be far behind!

Their tour ended in early Dec. here in the States, they're taking five months off and then heading to Europe throughout May and June. So, if they take another five months off after the Euro tour, then that would mean the next States tour wouldn't start until Nov. 2013.

I hope they will wait just couple of weeks. I overpaid on my income tax way too much last year so I was planning on getting my wife a new TV and spending the rest on Rush shows. Maybe I should start playing the lottery and become a camp follower. I'm just certain the band would love to see me at every show.

Their tour ended in early Dec. here in the States, they're taking five months off and then heading to Europe throughout May and June. So, if they take another five months off after the Euro tour, then that would mean the next States tour wouldn't start until Nov. 2013.

I don't think they will wait that long. This leg was 3 months. The European tour is 6 weeks. There's still plenty of motorcyle riding to be done in the U.S and Canada during the Summer and early Fall. There were a lot of places that were skipped on this leg, Milwaukee and Red Rocks, to name a few.

I don't think they will wait that long. This leg was 3 months. The European tour is 6 weeks. There's still plenty of motorcyle riding to be done in the U.S and Canada during the Summer and early Fall. There were a lot of places that were skipped on this leg, Milwaukee and Red Rocks, to name a few.

I'm hoping that's the case. I'm wondering if they're going to come back this way and play the Gorge Amphitheatre. I know it's a favorite of Neil's. Would be to see them there again late summer/early fall.

what are you guys talking about?

the euro tour is 10 shows over three weeks may 22-june 10....

they've already said the 2013 North American tour would fall between April and August 2013 with the stopover in Europe in the middle....

not sure why you think they need another five months off after 10 Euro shows?

also heard the dates are coming in the next two weeks, let's hope....

they've already said the 2013 North American tour would fall between April and August 2013 with the stopover in Europe in the middle....

Really? They plan on starting in the US before Europe? Hmmm...I thought they'd finish Europe and start here a few weeks later. Summertime is usually prime time for the boys here in the states. (Besides this past tour) Hopefully we'll know in a few weeks as you and others here are saying.

Edited by CameraEye35

Really? They plan on starting in the US before Europe? Hmmm...I thought they'd finish Europe and start here a few weeks later. Summertime is usually prime time for the boys here in the states. (Besides this past tour) Hopefully we'll know in a few weeks as you and others here are saying.

Have to agree here. I really think the States tour is going to start around August. Having said that, I'll welcome any more shows! If they did hit some States shows, I'm sure it would be east coast only and then their Europe shows and then come back and hit the west coast.

Edited by Janie

Janie, just so you know they have already booked the string ensemble and road crew from april - august....they wouldn't play 10 dates in europe that ends in early June and then take another long break til august to get things started....

I don't know for a fact that there will be US shows in April before the Euro shows, but they will be playing in Los Angeles in April for the RRHOF couple of songs so they will be up and running and back to playing one way or another in april....

I think the idea of the 2013 tour is to get it done sooner than later so they can take an extended break from touring and other Rush related work for a long while...

With the expectations that there could be an R40 type tour in 2014-15.....Alex said on Eddie Trunk that the next few years were mapped out in pencil....which, if you know Alex, doesn't mean squat, but they would be silly to pass up the chance to play a retrospective tour....

All they have to do is focus on 2112 and Hemisphere and all the old time 70's Rush fans, who are in their 50's, will come out in droves for that...I would be betting on that...

I spoke to Ray Danniels in April 2011 at the Cleveland show and mentioned the idea of an R40 tour and he responded by saying, "Have you been looking at my notes?"

He was all for it and said that all you had to do was get the guys on board and it was gonna happen....based on what we've heard, it seems like a good possibility....they aren't gonna be around for a R50, so i think R40 would be the last retrospective tour, any tours that came after that would involve new music...

Edited by nhlrush

Nice post. I would add that booking the strings in April may have something to do with getting warmed up again for Europe in may, but certainly they could feasibly do a few US dates before crossing the pond. I think late June thru as late as early September would be prime time for a return to outdoor venues. That's what I'm hoping for.

nhl, appreciate those tidbits of info. After posting earlier, I was thinking if they did do anything before Europe, it would be on the east coast. I need to get to south FL and they missed Lauderdale last time. Would be perfect if they were there in April. A little more wishful thinking...since they'll be in LA in April, maybe another Vegas show in April, just for shits and grins, and then come back to Vegas in the fall. I know.... but I love going to Vegas for the Rush shows! The most fun you can have! Always fun to speculate even if it's a pipe dream sometimes. :smoke:

not sure how true, but was told by a friend who seems to have knowledge of logistics, that the RRHOF performance will be just that performance out west as they would only need one truck full of equipment rather than the full stage set up, lighting, etc....he seems to think the april/may shows will be east as well, right before they go to europe....

has nothing to do with anything, but now that the nhl is coming back...ok, time for rush dates...

• Like 1

They said they would be doing a North American 2013 tour in the spring and summer. I also heard the rumor on FB of someone "in the know" that dates will be coming in the next few weeks.

I would be a tad shocked if we do not see the dates rolled out by the end of this month, first week of Feb.

There are definitely US show before Europe. Look for the tour to start right after the Hall of Fame induction.

If you don't mind me asking, will these shows be west or east coast?

My guess: since the Hall of fame ceremony is in Los Angeles, west coast before Europe.

My second guess: Since they are playing in April, we should see dates before the 14th of this month, at least for the early shows.

These are just guesses, based on what they've done in the past. I don't have pipeline to what is really going on.