11 - Best Song From Power Windows

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1143 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Big Money
    • Grand Designs
    • Manhattan Project
    • Marathon
    • Territories
    • Middletown Dreams
    • Emotion Detector
    • Mystic Rhythms

When Power Windows came out, I hated Mystic Rhythms. Now it is one of my all time favorites. I think that because it was such a departure from the style that was Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures, I didn't like it at first. Then when I grew up and learned the I appreciated the fact that Rush's sound evolved over the years, I heard it in a totally different light. Incredible how time can have such a profound effect on a song.

Personally i love Mystic Rhythms the best, i love that drum pattern that neil plays throughout. although my 2nd fav from PW is Middletown Dreams, is it me or does the guitaring in that song remind you of Walking on the Moon by the Police? 2.gif 2.gif Edited by PeartInTraining

QUOTE (treeman @ Feb 19 2006, 03:46 AM)
i'm so glad i voted for the least popular song, but emotion detector is my personal fav on this one.

I agree yes.gif After the first time I played it, I just played over and over again for at least 4-5 times. There's something in the music in the the line "right where discovery start" that is soooo darn infectious! 2.gif

IMO, this whole album is a masterful work of art! I would call it the best of the keyboard era works...

I really like every song, but especially dig some of the "B" Side tracks... Middletown Dreams, Emotion Detector, Territories... any, of which I would absolutely love to hear on this tour!

trink39.gif

Manhattan Project is one of my favorites.

Manhattan Project Scientist Dies

ST. LOUIS -- Samuel Isaac Weissman, a professor and chemist who helped develop the first atomic bomb as part of the Manhattan Project, has died, his wife said Friday. He was 94.

Weissman died Tuesday in St. Louis. His wife, Jane Loevinger, said a cause of death was not known.
Weissman's work with lasers and resonant energy transfer methods at the University of California at Berkeley was cut short when he became one of the first scientists to arrive in Los Alamos, N.M., to work on the Manhattan Project during World War II.

"He spoke of the Los Alamos work with mixed feelings," said his son, Michael Weissman, professor of physics at the University of Illinois. "He often mentioned his Grandpa Benjamin's reaction after the war: 'Sam, the world isn't ready for this thing you've built.'"

He was later intermittently active in groups working to prevent nuclear war.

Weissman earned a bachelor's degree in physical chemistry at the University of Chicago. He was a chemistry professor at Washington University in St. Louis from 1946 until his death, where he worked with other scientists to pioneer the use of electron spin resonance.

Survivors include his wife, son, a sister and two grandsons.

Curves and lines

of GRAND DESIGNS

MYSTIC RHYTHMS...

Capture my thoughts, carry them away

Oh, I love them both! But I'm going with Grand Designs...

QUOTE (PeartInTraining @ Apr 17 2007, 08:57 AM)
Personally i love Mystic Rhythms the best, i love that drum pattern that neil plays throughout. although my 2nd fav from PW is Middletown Dreams, is it me or does the guitaring in that song remind you of Walking on the Moon by the Police? 2.gif 2.gif

Thats exactly what I thought too when listening to Walking On The Moon! I recently got into The Police a few months ago and are now my 3rd favorite band!

As for which song I like the most on this album, this is extremely hard... I guess I'm gonna have to go with Marathon or Middletown Dreams, haha, too hard to pick one! I do like Emotion Detector though so I guess that comes in 3rd.

MIDDLETOWN DREAMS i love the lyrics....so inspiring.....

AUGUST 6TH!!!!!!!!!!!! SALT LAKE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!