11 - Best Song From Power Windows

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1143 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Big Money
    • Grand Designs
    • Manhattan Project
    • Marathon
    • Territories
    • Middletown Dreams
    • Emotion Detector
    • Mystic Rhythms

doh.gif Now I really like this album. I voted for MR which I'd probably vote for anyways, but now Manhattan Project and Marathon are close in the running...

NOTE: Lots of M's in Power Windows...

Big Money

Manhattan Project

Marathon

Middletown Dreams

Emotion Detector

Mystic Rhythms

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 11 2006, 01:14 PM)

That's why in the liner notes, the band says "Brought to you by the letter M." It was this album that started the running gag of Rush albums being "brought to you by...," a'la Sesame Street.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 16 2006, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 11 2006, 01:14 PM)

That's why in the liner notes, the band says "Brought to you by the letter M." It was this album that started the running gag of Rush albums being "brought to you by...," a'la Sesame Street.

I noticed that a lot of titles had M in them; but I never noticed that thing in the liner noates...funny! tongue.gif

All this album is great...

I remember Alex did an interview on Whistle Test when this was first released, (Gary Moore played a couple of songs from his Run For cover album on that show as well and Alex mentioned him) and the interview guy asked him about the album title he said something like: Power Windows, is it a metaphor for the impact of the iron curtain, perhaps it represents the spectre of danger that television represents to the modern population?? Alex just smiled and said no it's just those windows that go up and down in your car when you push a button!! Left the guy totally non-plussed...

laugh.gif

Marathon is my fave of this one...the other 7 songs are right behind it though...

There is so much on this CD. I voted for Territories--love the message--would love to scream the lyrics at a few politicans. But..MP, Middletown Dreams, Marathon (used to help me pace my run), and MR (reminds me of the great game of football (soccer) played out in the sky that we see as the northern/southern lights smile.gif ) are right there, too.

QUOTE (Inkanta @ Aug 23 2006, 08:42 PM)
There is so much on this CD. I voted for Territories--love the message--would love to scream the lyrics at a few politicans.

Would you be including the "Like the Chinese call the country of their birth" line, or would you consider leaving that one out? tongue.gif

I see the Middle Kingdom between Heaven and Earth....

Every time I go to a high school football game or see gangs squaring off I think of this song.

It is deep beyond description... an explanation of the bizarre behavior that is humanity.

I love this song.