11 - Best Song From Power Windows

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1143 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Big Money
    • Grand Designs
    • Manhattan Project
    • Marathon
    • Territories
    • Middletown Dreams
    • Emotion Detector
    • Mystic Rhythms

I have gone from one fav song to another with this album. Imo this is a sleeper album. I always loved Big Money, then it was Manhattan Project, then Mystic Rhythms, but I'd still have to say that Marathon has just a great feel to it. And as one poster said, it's Geddy at his best! It's not the most meaningful (lyric-wise) but I just wanna jam to it...

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 26 2010, 11:58 AM)
What no one likes Marathon or Territories here?????

I love Territories and I like Marathon a great deal. I have an ever-evolving relationship with this album. Right now Grand Designs is my favorite, but it can be Big Money or Territories or Mystic Rhythms.

Lots of good stuff on PW, but "The Big Money" is my fav. Lots of GREAT memories associated with that song for me too. In my view, it's very underrated. It's very upbeat and just kicks ass.

I simply love "Mystic Rhythms." 1022.gif

The music video for this song really fascinates me. Funny thing is, I was at the Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage premier and saw it in the theater with my dad and my elder brother. When a closeup of Geddy was on the screen during "Mystic Rhythms," my brother laughed. I punched him in the arm. Later he told me that Geddy's mullet reminded him of someone in Robocop (which also was filmed in the 80s). I said, "I know he's weird-looking to you, but please have some respect!" laugh.gif

Kahme, my boyfriend said "He was a cute kid" when he saw Geddy in that video wub.gif Yup, he's a keeper (my BF...well, and Geddy of course, too) smile.gif

Fave on this album goes to Marathon...my fave Rush song on my fave Rush album! They're all so awesome though...

One of my favourite Rush albums.

Mid-Eighties , lot of memories associated with it

Fave songs ...brought to you from the letter..."M"

Marathon

Middletown

Mystic

Manhattan