New Years Eve Rush Experience

losingit2k

I spent New years Eve at SeaWorld in Orlando. They had the place all decked out with Holiday decorations. It was all really nice and festive. They even had this thing called "A Sea of Trees" where they had all these computerized Christmas trees over the lake and you could walk through them to get to the other side of the lake where the Shamu Theater was. So after watching fake soapy snow flakes for about 2 minutes, watching a show on the Nativity and riding Manta (A Flying Roller Coaster ) for the second time in 13 hours, we headed on to the long bridge to catch the Shamu show. It was cool! The lights on the Trees were changing to Christmas and popular music playing out of hidden speakers from bands and artists I've never heard of. However, about 2/3 of the way across the bridge, low and behold, the opening riff to Limelight begins. I look at my Son and Daughter and say "No Way!" followed by a unanimous "Yeah!, Its RUSH!". The people behind us were cracking up at seeing our display but hell, It was the last thing we expected to hear. I felt like a little kid hearing their favorite band on the radio for the first time. Anyway, It made a great New Years Eve experience, that much better and proved to me once again how important RUSH is my in my life.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

If anyone has a similar experiece please share.

Edited by losingit2k

Well, I was working at the restaurant last night, and we were short-staffed (everyone wanted New Years Eve off, for some strange reason...), so I was waitressing and managing at the same time. It got quite busy, and the people we had working were not the 'elite' crew, as these were the ones that had priority in having the day off. Anyway, it was a gong show - everything was going wrong. I was dealing with serving too many tables, whilst trying to oversee everything, and the cooks were inexperienced and food was cold and too many steaks were getting overcooked. Horrible. I had a record seven irate people that insisted on speaking to the manager (me) that I had to do my best to placate in the middle of everything.

But then, once things started quieting down a bit, and I'd just spoken to the last unhappy diner of the bunch, Rush's 'Limelight' came on the sound system. In spite of my stress and frustration, I actually had to smile, and my mood lifted a bit. I like that Rush can have that magical effect - take me to a happier place!

Adding to the plus side, I actually managed to get out of there before midnight (11:42, to be exact) and rushed off to be with my friends just in time for the count-down.

Funny how we both had 'Limelight', eh? though I guess it just happens to be one of their most popular songs...!

And the Sea of Trees sounds very pretty!

• Like 1

Well, I was working at the restaurant last night, and we were short-staffed (everyone wanted New Years Eve off, for some strange reason...), so I was waitressing and managing at the same time. It got quite busy, and the people we had working were not the 'elite' crew, as these were the ones that had priority in having the day off. Anyway, it was a gong show - everything was going wrong. I was dealing with serving too many tables, whilst trying to oversee everything, and the cooks were inexperienced and food was cold and too many steaks were getting overcooked. Horrible. I had a record seven irate people that insisted on speaking to the manager (me) that I had to do my best to placate in the middle of everything.

But then, once things started quieting down a bit, and I'd just spoken to the last unhappy diner of the bunch, Rush's 'Limelight' came on the sound system. In spite of my stress and frustration, I actually had to smile, and my mood lifted a bit. I like that Rush can have that magical effect - take me to a happier place!

Adding to the plus side, I actually managed to get out of there before midnight (11:42, to be exact) and rushed off to be with my friends just in time for the count-down.

Funny how we both had 'Limelight', eh? though I guess it just happens to be one of their most popular songs...!

Sorry to hear you had to deal with so much turmoil. I'm glad RUSH gave you some reprieve. You needed them much more than I did. Yeah, they always take me to a happy place as well! Hope Your New Years Day went better.

The Manta at Sea World is the best coaster ive EVER riden!! Although the new Cheetah Hunt here in Tampa at Busch Gardens is pretty bad arse as well!! RUSH, Florida, and New Years eve?? I recall a bad incident in Naples a few years back :)
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear you had to deal with so much turmoil. I'm glad RUSH gave you some reprieve. You needed them much more than I did. Yeah, they always take me to a happy place as well! Hope Your New Years Day went better.

Thanks, LosingIt! Yes, New Years Day went a bit more smoothly than the Eve - one of our waitresses was up on the ski hill and didn't think she could make it down in time for her 10am serving shift, so I covered that - it was a complete dud of a shift! No one goes out to eat until at least mid-afternoon New Years Day! :P A waste of five hours of my time, unfortunately, but at least the girl was able to stay safely up on the hill. When I got home I treated myself to some couch time and Secret of Mana for Super Nintendo! :)

• Like 1

I remember having a similar experience. I was at a 49ers game a couple of months ago and its was getting towards the end of half-time and some of the players were on the field warming up. I was just sitting there in my seat and then all the sudden, the opening of Limelight comes on and I looked at my brother and said "RUSH!!!!!". I'm not sure if they play Limelight a lot at Candel Stick Park for 49ers games or not. Still, it was pretty awesome.
  • Like 1

Thanks, LosingIt! Yes, New Years Day went a bit more smoothly than the Eve - one of our waitresses was up on the ski hill and didn't think she could make it down in time for her 10am serving shift, so I covered that - it was a complete dud of a shift! No one goes out to eat until at least mid-afternoon New Years Day! :P A waste of five hours of my time, unfortunately, but at least the girl was able to stay safely up on the hill. When I got home I treated myself to some couch time and Secret of Mana for Super Nintendo! :)

Well at least you got paid double time for those 5 hours!... I hope!

:D-13:

I remember having a similar experience. I was at a 49ers game a couple of months ago and its was getting towards the end of half-time and some of the players were on the field warming up. I was just sitting there in my seat and then all the sudden, the opening of Limelight comes on and I looked at my brother and said "RUSH!!!!!". I'm not sure if they play Limelight a lot at Candel Stick Park for 49ers games or not. Still, it was pretty awesome.

There's just overwhelmingly special something about that opening Riff isn't there?

:heart: :rush: :heart:

I was gonna go to Sea World yesterday...kind of a tradition...but we didn't go. The Sea Of Trees is really cool...nice stuff they do there.

I have to admit it blew away the Magic Kingdoms New Years activities!

:scared: