My RUSH "Dream Come True" (meet n greet, etc)

Torgo Satyr

Hi All.

Dreams come true, and sometimes, good things happen to good people.

I had bought what I thought were great seats for the San Antonio, TX show... it ends up that there was an ADA Handicapped seating outcropping right in front of our seats, and we couldn't see the stage at all... and could barely see the "screen".

We asked an usher for help. She spoke w/ her manager and the manager sat in our seats and "confirmed" to guest services that we could not see the stage.

They graciously moved us to the floor... right in front of the sound board! My wife, daughter, and myself had the time of our lives. I know (especially in this forum) I'll get some heat for taking my 3 y/o daughter to a RUSH concert...but she is a die-hard fan... and we bought her top-of-the-line noise cancelling headphones....she knows the lyrics, and even does choreographed "dances" to the songs. She's a HUGE Neil fan and wants to be a drummer (yes, we bought her a kit).

It ends up that some of the techs and tour managers (who I will leave annonymous out of respect for their privacy) had such a great time watching my family "rock out" to RUSH, that we were given guitar picks and invited as VIP guests to the Houston, TX show! WOW!

My little girl (Notice her Hand Made "Geddy Corn" shirt) hand-made a drum for Neil and gave it to Geddy at the "mette n greet" to give to Neil. (in our pictures w/ Alex and Geddy, Geddy is holding up the "drum" gift my daughter made Neil... I'll post it at a later date!).

It ends up that word came from the top that the drum was given to Neil, and in return he sent out a pair of his used drumsticks for my daughter! The tour photographer caught this moment on film. Here is the link to that moment!

http://www.rushshowp...71036&k=BcSMSwS

Dreams can come true, and my family and myself will never forget the kindness and genrosity of RUSH and their magnificent crew! I have been a loyal RUSH fan since 1979, have played in a RUSH cover band, and I am a working musician as a profession (I produce music for many TV shows)...and I can honestly say that it is because of RUSH that I do what I do. Just wanted to share...happy holidays to all!

• Like 4

Great story, and I'd love to see the m&g photo with the drum. Your daughter is adorable with her Geddy-corn shirt and headphones. If my son was that into rush, I'd bring him along, but he's too young to even give an opinion right now. Maybe if they add the theme to Thomas and Friends to the setlist! Lol!

Any parent who has their kids listening to Rush is a great parent!!! I couldn't believe all the kids that I saw at the Charlotte show. I kept telling myself how lucky those kids were to have parents who told them the truth about everything up front plus knew what great music was. Rush was the devils music, when I was growing up, along with all other Rock n' Roll, and we were not allowed to listen to it. To make a long story short it took me a long time to see everything for what it was and let go of all the misinformation, but it took a long time.

Dude, great story! A real "Rush family."

Your little girl is adorable... and your wife is "not too shabby" either... (growwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl)

Hey, was your daughter wanting to do some stage diving since you were up in first row?

NICE JOB!

That is an excellent story with a beautiful picture to boot. Fabulous! :)

Thank you for sharing!

:)

Great pics! Congrats on your fortune and thanks for sharing the pics!

Heck, I'd be happy just to sit anywhere near the proximity of the stage. Saw them in Charlotte and Virginia, ... hoping they do more in '13.

BTW, LOVE that "What Do I Lack?" sign!! I thought that the show was even better after having read the book which I did between the two shows.

I love reading stories like yours.

Back in 2011 we had the pleasure of a meet and greet with Alex and Geddy (my wife and at the time 5 year old son who is also a Rush junkie, knows all their stuff, playing the drums since 2 years old) we were all in our Rush shirts and Geddy and Alex had huge smiles for us but especially for my son whom Alex bent down and gave a few guitar picks to and Geddy was high fiving himand asking him what were his favorite tunes. Hell forget me (going on 34 year fan) it was all about the little guy. We took a very candid picture with Geddy kneeling down next to my wife and Alex and I with shit eating grins.

It is forever my Facebook photo.

It goes to show how much the band appreciates it's fans despite some fans thinking the opposite at times.

My son will never forget that experience for as long as he lives.

This is the guy who didn't get his M&G passes.

Like all the fans here have said, thanks for the

very heart warming story about your family. The wife and I have no kids. When we here all the stories and especially when we see the kids age 2 and up at the concerts we often wonder how it would have been WITH kids.

And yes your girl is a cutie !!

I'm very glad to hear a story that has a good ending.

Ours will end happily real soon too !!!

Hears to a wonderful 2013 !!

Thanks again. RUSH ON

• Like 1