2112 Suite in its Entirety for 2nd Leg?

losingit2k

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should RUSH play the 2112 Suite in its Entirety during the 2nd leg?

• Yes
    • No
    • Keep it the Same Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Geddy could handle the high vocals in 2112 if he'd sing them an octave down. I think it would sound almost as good, and much better than hearing him straining his voice.

I think geddy's voice would be fine. If he can sing Temples he can do the rest of it.

It's one thing to do the two and a half minute Temples every night, but it's another thing for him to have to sing that whole song ever show for a whole tour. At this point Geddy knows he needs to do whatever he can to keep his voice as strong as possible since he doesn't have many tours left now and he's lost so much of the range he used to have years ago. The fans should want Geddy to be doing what he can to make sure his voice can last a few more tours and not doing something like this that will tear it apart during each show.

You know how great Geddy's voice sounded this tour? It was the best it's been in at least ten years. Well, you can say goodbye to that if they play all of 2112 every show. I'm just being logical here.

Which is the reason I've been pushing for an "All Instrumentals Tour!" but that's a whole other thread.

:codger:

Sorry, but I think an all-instrumentals tour is completely out of the question. Rush fans would revolt without Tom Sawyer (as much as I don't like that song), Subdivisions, and The Spirit of Radio. They would be lucky if they got more that 5,000 tickets sold.

Totally agree. Geds voice, melodies and Neils lyrics are as intregal to Rush as any riff they have ever written.

I think they will still play the staples as they are written. And All instrumental Tour means they play all their instrumentals not that all songs are played as instrumentals. Kinda like below: (Instrumentals are highlighted)

Set 1:

R40 Instrumedley

(Finding My Way, By-Tor & the Snowdog, The Necromancer, A Passage to Bangkok, Cygnux X-1, Hemispheres (Prelude), Freewill)

Limelight (First with Words)

Caravan (With Words)

Cut to the Chase (With Words)

Where's my Thing? (With Drum solo#1)

Leave that Thing Alone?

Main Monkey Business

Limbo

Show Dont Tell (With Words)

Clockwork Angels (With Words)

2112 (Overture/Temples(With Words)/Finale)

Set 2:

Archives Instrumedly:

(What You're Doing/ In the Mood/ Working Man/Anthem/Fly By Night/ Beneath, Between and Behind/Bastile Day/Didacts and Narpits (Drum Solo #2)/ Bastile Day Reprise)

Far Cry

New World Man (With Words)

Distant Early Warning (With Words)

Mal-Nar

Test For Echo (With Words)

Driven (With Words and Geddy Bass Solo)

Red Barchetta (With Words)

Headlong Flight (With Words)

YYZ (Drum Solo #3)

Alex Solo/ The Trees (With Words)

La Villa Strangiato (Entire)

Xanadu (Entire) (With Words)

Encore:

Subdivsions (with Words)

Tom Saywer (With Words)

The Spirit of Radio (With Words)

Encore 2:

Closer to the Heart (With Words and Extended Jam)

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

They already trotted out the entire suite for the 20th anniversary of the album. No clue why the re-release has come now, and at all, actually.

I really do think it's time bring back a substantial portion of Hemispheres. Aside from Jacob's Ladder, it's the only "missing" long-form piece that would actually still sound like it belonged with the current catalogue of material (while I like the CoS songs, they'd stick out like sore thumbs).

And besides, the time devoted to 2112 in its entirety could be better used for long lost fav's like Show Don't Tell (which I fear will never be played again; on the Vh1 Classic "Rush Jukebox," Geddy mentioned he didn't enjoy playing it given how much he had to move around b/w bass and keys).

Edited by zappafrank
  • Like 1

Double Agent would be kick-ass live again!!

Agreed, I never thought much of that song until I heard it Live and it blew me away!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

I hope one day I'll be able to see this live. I think it would sound awesome with strings! Just a thought.

Love 2112. Any chance to hear it in full gets a huge yes from me.

It took me a little time to warm up to the entire suite but once I truly got it, I can't get enought of it.

• Like 1

It took me a little time to warm up to the entire suite but once I truly got it, I can't get enought of it.

Same. It was one of the first Rush songs I heard and the first time I thought it was overly heavy and raunchy garbage. The second time I sat down with the liner notes and really listened to it and it just blew me away.

Same. It was one of the first Rush songs I heard and the first time I thought it was overly heavy and raunchy garbage. The second time I sat down with the liner notes and really listened to it and it just blew me away.

Yeah that was basically it!

:blush:

They already trotted out the entire suite for the 20th anniversary of the album. No clue why the re-release has come now, and at all, actually.

I really do think it's time bring back a substantial portion of Hemispheres. Aside from Jacob's Ladder, it's the only "missing" long-form piece that would actually still sound like it belonged with the current catalogue of material (while I like the CoS songs, they'd stick out like sore thumbs).

And besides, the time devoted to 2112 in its entirety could be better used for long lost fav's like Show Don't Tell (which I fear will never be played again; on the Vh1 Classic "Rush Jukebox," Geddy mentioned he didn't enjoy playing it given how much he had to move around b/w bass and keys).

Well he can sure just press a button for the keys now. Or better yet let Alex press it.

:outtahere:

As much as I think it would be real cool to hear the entire thing I voted for "Keep it as is". Don't know if Geddy could handle it and they did play it (correct me it I am wrong) of the TFE tour. If they play it in it s entirety some other songs will have to be removed from the setlist and those may be songs from Power Windows - songs that we have not heard live since the 80's. I enjoyed hearing those songs live and this way we still get a good chunk of 2112.
  • Like 1