2112 Suite in its Entirety for 2nd Leg?

losingit2k

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should RUSH play the 2112 Suite in its Entirety during the 2nd leg?

• Yes
    • No
    • Keep it the Same Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Still hoping for side 1 of Hemispheres before they retire but not expecting it. Given its place in their career, it's a shame that the whole 2112 suite has not been captured for a DVD. If they are not going to correct the 1997 Toronto show problems, then I'd like them to play side 1 and capture it on video. Change up the first set but keep the rarely played theme. Keep Clockwork Angels where it is. Do all of 2112 for the encore, and if the time is too long, cut a song from the first and second set.

I think geddy's voice would be fine. If he can sing Temples he can do the rest of it.

It's one thing to do the two and a half minute Temples every night, but it's another thing for him to have to sing that whole song ever show for a whole tour. At this point Geddy knows he needs to do whatever he can to keep his voice as strong as possible since he doesn't have many tours left now and he's lost so much of the range he used to have years ago. The fans should want Geddy to be doing what he can to make sure his voice can last a few more tours and not doing something like this that will tear it apart during each show.

You know how great Geddy's voice sounded this tour? It was the best it's been in at least ten years. Well, you can say goodbye to that if they play all of 2112 every show. I'm just being logical here.

I think geddy's voice would be fine. If he can sing Temples he can do the rest of it.

It's one thing to do the two and a half minute Temples every night, but it's another thing for him to have to sing that whole song ever show for a whole tour. At this point Geddy knows he needs to do whatever he can to keep his voice as strong as possible since he doesn't have many tours left now and he's lost so much of the range he used to have years ago. The fans should want Geddy to be doing what he can to make sure his voice can last a few more tours and not doing something like this that will tear it apart during each show.

You know how great Geddy's voice sounded this tour? It was the best it's been in at least ten years. Well, you can say goodbye to that if they play all of 2112 every show. I'm just being logical here.

Which is the reason I've been pushing for an "All Instrumentals Tour!" but that's a whole other thread.

:codger:

Which is the reason I've been pushing for an "All Instrumentals Tour!" but that's a whole other thread.

Sorry, but I think an all-instrumentals tour is completely out of the question. Rush fans would revolt without Tom Sawyer (as much as I don't like that song), Subdivisions, and The Spirit of Radio. They would be lucky if they got more that 5,000 tickets sold.

Sorry, but I think an all-instrumentals tour is completely out of the question. Rush fans would revolt without Tom Sawyer (as much as I don't like that song), Subdivisions, and The Spirit of Radio. They would be lucky if they got more that 5,000 tickets sold.

Totally agree. Geds voice, melodies and Neils lyrics are as intregal to Rush as any riff they have ever written.

• Like 1

You know, I would love to hear an all instrumental medley tucked into the end like they did with the medleys of the mid 80s to early 90s. This would be the medley for me.

What Your Doing> beginning riff and after the doubled guitar/bass part

Here again theme>

Beneath Between Behind> just 1 verse

Necromancer> just the section that opens with the clean guitar

No One at the Bridge> Solo section

Cygnus> opening

Hemispheres> ending

Finale

The whole thing would be about 10 minutes.

Edited by micgtr71

I would never mind hearing 2112 in full.......ever.
  • Like 1

Been there done that.....Test for Echo Tour. I would much rather hear Hemispheres (which will more than likely never happen).

Yeah same here...heard 2112 front row on the T4E tour....amazing.

While I would die and go to heaven seeing Hemipsheres complete it is never going to happen. Ever.

So tune down and play 2112 again in full.....why not?

• Like 1