Which Rush member are you most similar too? (identify with?)

brianb23

Definitely Neil: I don't have to tell my life's story when I meet someone, although I am very courteous and I have good manners when I meet strangers; I 'd prefer to sit in the back of the room and read; I drive 5-6 days out of the week; I am very cynical of religion and I hate proselytizing people; also, I am a libertarian. What I don't have in common with him is creativity and musicianship. I couldn't drum my way out of a wet paper sack to borrow that cliche.

check out Tina Weymouth—in the pocket and interesting basslines

Absolutely! She's fantastic. So in the pocket....yummy.

Check out Sara Lee (not *that* Sara Lee rather the bassist for the B52s, Gang of Four, to name a few of her bands)

Check out Meshell Ndegeocello - a stunning artist and player (Peace Beyond Passion is one of my favourite records)

And of course, *all* bass players should know the great Carol Kaye who played bass on some of the best known songs of the 20th century (Good Vibrations, Scarborough Fair, The Way We Were, Wichita Lineman, Mission Impossible theme just to name a few)

May you groove in the pocket all the days of your life. :)

Thanks for the list! And I've listened to some Me'shell, but didn't know she played bass... guess I should find out more about what I listen to! :)

a bit of all three, as arrogant as that might sound (I AM EVERYONE IN RUSH)

the only instrument I own is a drumset and I read constantly and I'm not religious so that applies to neil especially, as well as sorta geddy and alex (the last two parts anyway)

I like to write, so neil

socially I do okay and I don't try to stay away from human beings so alex and geddy there

I'd have to say Neil. I like bird watching, hiking and I love National Parks. I'm more into Football than Baseball so Geddy's out. I guess I don't know too much about Alex except his sense of humor.

I'm like Neil unfortunately.. lol

I'd say I'm most like Geddy - driven, funny, controlling. I'd like to be more creative and spontaneous like Alex, but I'm not.

Least like Neil, who is kind of a dick.

I think I am most like Geddy. Love baseball, playing bass, wine. I also have a good sense of humor and connect with people. I think Geddy is extremely an extremely honest person, and that Is something I strive for
  • Like 1

A little of all three. I play guitar and sorta resemble Alex facially. Geddy because I love baseball (go Dodgers!) and Neil because I love to travel and read. Mostly Neil though because I too, often have a disdain for certain types of people and generally am a bit shy around people I've just met.