Which Rush member are you most similar too? (identify with?)

brianb23

Probably Neil. We're both stoic intellectuals and introverts. Though I share a love of collecting with Geddy and a twisted sense of humor with Alex.

I think Geddy. His sense of humour is very dry (it seems) as is mine - I also love baseball and collecting things. Although, I do share some of Alex's goofiness and Neil's introspection and intellectual curiosity. I share all of their work ethic - strive for perfection and push yourself to test your limits.

I've always identified most strongly with Geddy though. He's the reason I bought my first bass and was my first and is my foremost "bass hero". He's the one I first fell in love with in Rush. He's the one whose voice can make me cry and bass tone gives me goosebumps.

Edited by CygnusGal

I identify with Geddy most, and I'm probably closest in personality to either him or Neil.

I also share a birthday with Geddy, and play his signature bass! but as far as personality, i'm very shy like Neil, but can be goofy like Alex... hmm... I'm a mix of Alex/Neil :P
  • Like 1

A little of Alex and Neil.

I am a ponderer of life and its problems like Neil. And I love to read.

I have Alex's sense of humor.

And...Geddy? If I could choose, I would choose to be like him. He has poise, he is gracious, he's got his head screwed on straight (how he managed to do this is beyond me...I would have lost mine decades ago) and he is intelligent.

• Like 1

I think Geddy. His sense of humour is very dry (it seems) as is mine - I also love baseball and collecting things. Although, I do share some of Alex's goofiness and Neil's introspection and intellectual curiosity. I share all of their work ethic - strive for perfection and push yourself to test your limits.

I've always identified most strongly with Geddy though. He's the reason I bought my first bass and was my first and is my foremost "bass hero". He's the one I first fell in love with in Rush. He's the one whose voice can make me cry and bass tone gives me goosebumps.

This is pretty much exactly what I would have said! :) (Well, except for the baseball part - baseball is not in my life at all!)

I identify with Geddy's sense of humour, being dry, often witty, and tongue-in-cheek. I indentify with his cool-headedness, and stive to be as poised as he is, as Lorraine mentioned. I identify with his easy-goingness - while Alex is a funny nutball, he's a bit gregarious to me, though I share a lot of introspective nature with Neil, and like him, like to write. (In fact, one of the best compliments I ever got was someone telling me that my writing style was similar to Neil's! :))

I guess I'm funny like Geddy (similar as opposed to the other boys), like being easy-going (being extroverted like Alex isn't my thing all the time), and like being ponderous, like Neil. I guess I'm more of a right-side-of-the-stage kind of girl! Plus, I've picked up bass.

• Like 1

This is pretty much exactly what I would have said! :) (Well, except for the baseball part - baseball is not in my life at all!)

I identify with Geddy's sense of humour, being dry, often witty, and tongue-in-cheek. I indentify with his cool-headedness, and stive to be as poised as he is, as Lorraine mentioned. I identify with his easy-goingness - while Alex is a funny nutball, he's a bit gregarious to me, though I share a lot of introspective nature with Neil, and like him, like to write. (In fact, one of the best compliments I ever got was someone telling me that my writing style was similar to Neil's! :))

I guess I'm funny like Geddy (similar as opposed to the other boys), like being easy-going (being extroverted like Alex isn't my thing all the time), and like being ponderous, like Neil. I guess I'm more of a right-side-of-the-stage kind of girl! Plus, I've picked up bass.

Excellent! The world needs more female bass players for we are vastly under represented and under appreciated! Hearing Geddy made me want to play too.

:rush:

I play electric bass and bass violin...I'm a collector as well...some say I have sense of humor. I like to write....I enjoy reading. I'm a world traveller. I have a knack for making off the wall statements during interviews. Hmmmmm.....I dunno

Excellent! The world needs more female bass players for we are vastly under represented and under appreciated! Hearing Geddy made me want to play too.

You're right - I really don't see much at all of female bass players... have to search 'em out. Well, I guess I'd better do what I can to be a bass bitch!

Hey, I like that - bass bitch. Or bass babe. Yeah, bass babe is better.

:guitar:

You're right - I really don't see much at all of female bass players... have to search 'em out. Well, I guess I'd better do what I can to be a bass bitch!

check out Tina Weymouth—in the pocket and interesting basslines
  • Like 1

Thanks, I'll check her out! I'm always down for finding more girls in the world of music - not, of course, to slight the guys, but because I'm interested to see how the minority of girls are represented.

On youtube, while I was researching 12-string basses, I stumbled across a female 12-string bassist, so I'll have to look for her again, too... give me some inspiration for taming my 12-string behemoth!

Absolutely! She's fantastic. So in the pocket....yummy.

Check out Sara Lee (not *that* Sara Lee rather the bassist for the B52s, Gang of Four, to name a few of her bands)

Check out Meshell Ndegeocello - a stunning artist and player (Peace Beyond Passion is one of my favourite records)

And of course, *all* bass players should know the great Carol Kaye who played bass on some of the best known songs of the 20th century (Good Vibrations, Scarborough Fair, The Way We Were, Wichita Lineman, Mission Impossible theme just to name a few)

May you groove in the pocket all the days of your life. :)