Clockwork Angels named in the top 20 metal albums of 2012! Now are you mall-prog RUSH poser nerds gonna accept that RUSH are metal once and for all??

treeduck

Great find Duck-Mann-Dude...curious to know if the album has grown in stature in your eyes. At the time it came out you said it was the best release since PowWindows...have you revised that opinion?

I feel the same way, it's a very good and consistent throughout. :hail:

nope

Well, if Rush is considered to be "metal", what the hell is Korn or Metallica??

Super Heavy Death Metal brought to us by the devil.

:LMAO: :LMAO:

Sounds about right, but I'm sure the Metallica boys would disagree!!

I remember years back when someone's parents tried to sue Judas Priest because they claimed that they wrote devil's music that inspired the kid to kill himself.... :codger:

Rush isnt metal. Too sophisticated for that label.

Yep Gemini, :rush: is not metal IMO, but who really cares what bucket someone puts them in...they need a class all by themselves!!

:rush: period!!!

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz: :notworthy:

Well, if Rush is considered to be "metal", what the hell is Korn or Metallica??

Shit? :huh:

:LMAO: :joker:

Nah, just two bands that I don't listen to....now Judas Priest, a band I consider "metal" really rocks!!!

:codger: :yay: :hi:

Even though I still don't get why Rush is considered "metal", I don't really know anything about "thrash", and what's up with Roger Goodell?

Ps, thanks for the tag, Duck! :guitar:

Even though I still don't get why Rush is considered "metal", I don't really know anything about "thrash", and what's up with Roger Goodell?

Thrash is what Ducky wants to do to that dumbass Goodell!!! (Ducky hasn't filled you in with Goodell's actions (or lack thereof in this case)... oh, boy get the :cosmo: :macallan: :smoke: ready!! :smash: :16ton: :scared: :banghead: :bang bang: :bitchslap: :poke: :rage:

Edited by rushfanforever!

RUSH are metal because they have crunching heavy guitar riffs, high octane screaming vocals, scary bubbling basslines that crawl into your brain like a super-fast spider, a nutcase heavy drummer who spouts anti-religious/sci fi/steampunk lyrics, densely produced sound qualities incorporating a thick all-enveloping atmosphere of controlled amplified distortion, a man in the band who constantly wears Ozzy Osbourne/Gary Oldman as Dracula shades and hippy long hair, dirty jeans, and drinks wine like a delusional hobo and a man who eats cake like a cannibal eats feet! :blaze:

• Like 2

RUSH are metal because they have crunching heavy guitar riffs, high octane screaming vocals, scary bubbling basslines that crawl into your brain like a super-fast spider, a nutcase heavy drummer who spouts anti-religious/sci fi/steampunk lyrics, densely produced sound qualities incorporating a thick all-enveloping atmosphere of controlled amplified distortion, a man in the band who constantly wears Ozzy Osbourne/Gary Oldman as Dracula shades and hippy long hair, dirty jeans, and drinks wine like a delusional hobo and a man who eats cake like a cannibal eats feet! :blaze:

That.....that was beautiful, Ducky.