My 2112 Super Delux Blu-Rar Review (spoiler alert)

robertrobyn

Well it arrived today 2 days earlier than I expected. It was great timing since the wife was out shopping. A great chance to turn it up.

My system is a well tuned 7.2 Kef Reference setup. I wont bore you with details of all my equipment.

Packaging: Amazon packed it in a cheap large bubble envelope. I was lucky it was not dropped on one of its corners. The hardbound comic book and discs are in a very nice presentation. One weird thing tho, the song lryics and comicbook are inserted upside down from each other, do not know if this was a mistake or not. Overall one of the nicer ones.

Sound: I had great expectations since I loved the Moving Pictures 5.1 Blu-Ray. It is one of my go to discs when the wife is away. This disc is one of the best sounding BR music discs I have heard. The sound is evenly spread over all channels. Vocals are mainly upfront where they should be. Drums are evenly shared in all channels. Guitars also are also evenly spread accross all channels.

Comic Book: Here is where things really got my interest going. We as rush fans have heard 2112 a million times but this time was different in so many ways. The comic book plays on the Blu-Ray and I had the hard copy in front of me to read while the songs were playing. I dont want to give away to many things but after hearing and following the story it put a whole new meaning to 2112 and I cant wait to play again sometime this weekend.

After it was over I sat quitly on my couch and said to myself WOW that was amazing!!

agree! makes me want to put in right NOW

I'm glad the bluray sounds good to you because I got the DVD-A version which should be identical to yours and its easily the worst sounding high Rez disc I own. The 5.1 mix is weak. The vocals come pretty much out of the front speakers and not the center channel and the surrounds are mostly just echoes of the other channels. Plus the sound is muddied and distorted. Why Rush continues to use Chyki for their surround mix is beyond me. This release is shameful.

I also have the Blu-Ray and I agree with th OP - this is stupendous! We put it on the Surround and... wow! I didn't get the version with the seperate comic but since the DVD shows the comic along with the music, I don't miss it. I hope they do this with all their albums, starting with Hemispheres. :wub: