When Many Of Us Meet Up In Toronto For The Last Rush Gig Ever What Will Their Last Song Be?

RUSHHEAD666

I just wrote a poll about "Prime Mover" by Rush and "Prime Mover" by GHOST!

Ghost does an ABBA cover and it could be a bonus track on their new album! I'm tripping out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mekDU-RDKfQ

:D

Goose! You have made my night!!!! I didn't even know that this video existed!

I was going to wait for the Japanese pressing of the new album and hope that this ABBA cover was on it!

It's not even confirmed!!

I want to watch it but I don't if you know what I mean!!

I love hijacking a Rush Thread to type about Ghost!

Wait! It's my thread so who gives a shit!! LOL! The original thread starter won't get mad!! HAHAHA!

GHOST RULES!

Wow wait? They are wearing white robes now?

A Stormtrooper meets BUCKETHEAD! LOL!

So, because of you I've spent the evening investigating this Ghost band. I'm big into the doom scene - a bit too creepy lyrically for me -- but their stage act is a hoot!

"Elizabeth" is a creepy song... Who sings about Elizabeth Bathory?

I was thinking about the very last Rush Tour tonight considering it should have been the end of the world this morning. Hence it was not the end of the world and I am blasting 2112 right now!

So I'm predicting that many years into the future Rush will eventually have a FINAL SHOW.

Probably in Toronto.

I am sure many of us will travel to see this very last Rush show.

What song will the boys end with? What song will be their last song ever played?

I seriously hope it's not "Tom Sawyer."

I'm thinking that they will end the show with "2112". "WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL" will be it!

What do you think?

I agree, I really hope it's not Tom Sawyer, they should end with 2112 in its entirety.

My hunch is their final song would be whatever their "anthem" is. To me, an anthem is a song that was probably both a hit and also sums up the spirit or feeling of the band. Examples: The Beach Boys closed out most shows with "Fun, Fun, Fun." Cheap Trick pretty much closes with "Surrender." But then again, Genesis said farewell with the Peter Gabriel-days song "Carpet Crawlers."

I've got to believe RUSH's anthem is "Spirit of Radio" since it was both a hit and a salute to them doing things their way. Or what "obscure" tune do you think is anthem-like?

So, because of you I've spent the evening investigating this Ghost band. I'm big into the doom scene - a bit too creepy lyrically for me -- but their stage act is a hoot!

Hey Goose!

Sorry I missed your post! I've been into Ghost since 2011 thanks to the Satanic Duck!! I absolutely love this band! The Satanic obsession with Tobias' lyrics don't phase me at all. There are so many other Satanic bands out there that do nothing for me! Slayer and Venom come to mind.

While the lyrics are quite Satanic and creepy the music absolutely rules.

The way my brain is wired is actually all about the music. My ADD brain never pays attention to lyrics. Perhaps I should try to change.

I gave my buddy the GHOST cd over a year ago as a gift. He is not a Christian, but he is very Spiritual.

He took one look at the cover and read the track titles on the back and gave it back to me. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with that album or band.

"Elizabeth" RULES!

Who the Hell is Elizabeth Bathory?

I was thinking about the very last Rush Tour tonight considering it should have been the end of the world this morning. Hence it was not the end of the world and I am blasting 2112 right now!

So I'm predicting that many years into the future Rush will eventually have a FINAL SHOW.

Probably in Toronto.

I am sure many of us will travel to see this very last Rush show.

What song will the boys end with? What song will be their last song ever played?

I seriously hope it's not "Tom Sawyer."

I'm thinking that they will end the show with "2112". "WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL" will be it!

What do you think?

I agree, I really hope it's not Tom Sawyer, they should end with 2112 in its entirety.

Welcome to the Forum!

I think ending with the entire "2112" Side A live would be perfect.

After "Caress Of Steel" Mercury was going to dump Rush into an Ontario sewer!

Instead the boys got their shit together and wrote a record to save their skins!!!!!

Their career was almost over. "2112" saved them. What a way to end their last show!!!

Hey Goose!

Sorry I missed your post! I've been into Ghost since 2011 thanks to the Satanic Duck!! I absolutely love this band! The Satanic obsession with Tobias' lyrics don't phase me at all. There are so many other Satanic bands out there that do nothing for me! Slayer and Venom come to mind.

The way my brain is wired is actually all about the music. My ADD brain never pays attention to lyrics. Perhaps I should try to change.

I gave my buddy the GHOST cd over a year ago as a gift. He is not a Christian, but he is very Spiritual.

He took one look at the cover and read the track titles on the back and gave it back to me. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with that album or band.

"Elizabeth" RULES!

a murderous wench reputed to have killed hundreds

Hey Goose!

"Elizabeth" RULES!

Hey Blaze!! HAPPY NEW BEER!!!

Good to hear from you! Holy Shit! I should have figured that one out!!

Love,

LIZZY BORDEN

Hey Goose!

"Elizabeth" RULES!

Love,

LIZZY BORDEN

Happy Brew Year to you too RUSHHEAD!!!You should read a little about Betty Bathory. She makes Lizzy Borden look like an amateur. No shit.

Hey Goose!

"Elizabeth" RULES!

Love,

LIZZY BORDEN

Happy Brew Year to you too RUSHHEAD!!!You should read a little about Betty Bathory. She makes Lizzy Borden look like an amateur. No shit.

Thanks buddy!

I will read up on Betty ASAP!!!

Hey Goose!

"Elizabeth" RULES!

Slavic princess Liz Bathory partially inspred the vampire myth, and reportedly tried to preserve her life by bathing in the blood of young girls. There's a scene in Hostel 2 that's a take off on Bathory's M.O.. :( She's reported to have ordered the execution of 600+ in this way.