Whats your favorite show opener

RushBoingo

The Best Show Opener  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best song the band has opened on in the past in your opinion?

I was curious to see what everyone thought was the best show opener Rush has chosen in the past. The choices are from the A Farewell to Kings Tour onward as that was when they started having a consistent setlist. My Choice is the Big Money

The Spirit Of Radio.

One of the greatest concert openers i've ever heard. I never had the opportunity to see them open with Bastille Day, Anthem, 2112, Big Money or F10. I either wasn't born yet or was just too young to see them.

• Like 1

I was curious to see what everyone thought was the best show opener Rush has chosen in the past. The choices are from the A Farewell to Kings Tour onward as that was when they started having a consistent setlist. My Choice is the Big Money

Sorry I should elaborate, just because you havent seen the song open the show does not mean that you can't vote for them, just to think that a specific song was the best choice they made thus far is good enough

Sorry I should elaborate, just because you havent seen the song open the show does not mean that you can't vote for them, just to think that a specific song was the best choice they made thus far is good enough

That doesn't really make sense. The best way to judge how well of a show opener a song is would be to witness it live. I think Bastille Day and Anthem could very well be better openers than Spirit but I can't vote for either of them since I never saw Rush open with them. First hand experience is the best way to judge anything, especially when it comes to live music.

TSOR, for me. Begin the day with a friendly voice... Wonderful words to open a show and it always makes me smile.

:)

• Like 1

Anthem.....Without a doubt.

Saw it open up my first Rush show on the Hemispheres Tour - Nov. 13, 1978 - Sports Arena, San Diego, CA

This songs screams RUSH.

It says.... "Here we go...... we are going to rock you heavy for the next couple hours"

This concert, this song and the All the World's a Stage album.....Made me a Rush fan.

Side 1....Song 2.......after the amazing Bastille Day.

Rush + Anthem = Power Trio extraordinaire.

If I could hear Anthem live ....one more time... All would be good.....

Anthem of the heart and anthem of the mind

A funeral dirge for eyes gone blind

We marvel after those who sought

New wonders in the world, wonders in the world,

Wonders in the world they wrought.

I'm going to have to go with Limelight. The way it was played so slowly to open up the show in the Snakes & Arrows Tour made it so much more beautiful.
  • Like 1

I saw them on the VT tour and made sure I kept myself away from any set list knowledge prior to the show. I distinctly remember them walking out on stage, acknowledging the crowd, and breaking into Tom Sawyer. It was incredible. It definitely set the tone for a killer show...

Bastille day.

Go listen to atwas and check back.. Ya see. Told ya! :P

R30 Overture, as it's such a retrospective way to open up such a show.

Yep R30 Culminating in The Spirit of Radio and

Two Musicians and and Drummer walk into a bar........ Thats a good opener.

:laughing guy: :syrinx: :laughing guy:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1